ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy is a comprehensive health insurance plan designed to offer full coverage against any kind of illnesses and medical emergencies. The plan is available in different variants to fulfill customers’ varied needs – ProHealth Protect, ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Accumulate Large Cover, ProHealth Preferred, ProHealth Premier. It is a value-for-money health insurance plan with coverage starting from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
Available on an individual and floater basis, this plan gives the flexibility to choose from various coverage options and protects your health and finances during and after hospitalization to treat diseases. In addition, ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy comes with several benefits and features such as cumulative bonus, maintenance benefits, restoration of the sum insured, worldwide emergency cover, health check-up on renewal, maternity benefits, newborn expenses, and many more.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||91 days, 18 years (for an adult)|
|Maximum entry age||No Limit|
|Sum Insured options||Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 1 crore|
|Policy term||1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years|
|Premium payment||Monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, Yearly, Single.|
Key highlights of ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy comes with five variants: ProHealth Protect, ProHealth Plus, ProHealth Accumulate Large Cover, ProHealth Preferred, and Prohealth Premier.
- This comprehensive policy offers a wide range of sum insured, starting from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 1 crore.
- The policyholder can avail cashless treatment at more than 6500 hospitals.
- This plan offers a guaranteed cumulative bonus of up to 200% of the sum insured.
- Tax benefits are applicable as per the prevailing norms of the Income Tax Act.
- It offers worldwide protection in case of emergency, available on a reimbursement basis.
|SUM INSURED||2.5 – 50 Lacs||4.5 – 50 Lacs||15 – 50 Lacs||1 Crore||5.5 – 50 Lacs|
|HOSPITAL DAILY CASH BENEFITS||1,000||2,000||3,000||3,000||1,000|
|CUMULATIVE BONUS BOOSTER||25% increase in sum insured per year||25% increase in sum insured per year||25% increase in sum insured per year||N.A.||25% increase in sum insured per year|
|REDUCTION IN MATERNITY WAITING||N.A.||Reduced from 48 to 24 months||Reduced from 48 to 24 months||Reduced from 48 to 24 months||N.A.|
|DEDUCTIBLE||1 – 10 Lacs||1 – 10 Lacs||N.A.||N.A.||0.5 – 10 Lacs|
|VOLUNTARY CO-PAY||10% or 20%||10% or 20%||N.A.||N.A.||10% or 20%|
|WAIVER OF MANDATORY CO-PAY [OPTIONAL COVER]||20% for people aged 65 years and above||20% for people aged 65 years and above||20% for people aged 65 years and above||20% for people aged 65 years and above||20% for people aged 65 years and above|
|CUMULATIVE BONUS||Guaranteed 5% Max up to 200%||Guaranteed 10% Max up to 200%||Guaranteed 10% Max up to 200%||Guaranteed 10% Max up to 200%||Guaranteed 5% Max up to 200%|
|HEALTH CHECKUP (FOR ALL INSURED AGED 18 YEARS & ABOVE)||Available once every 3rd policy year||Available each policy year (excluding the 1st year)||Available each policy year (excluding the 1st year)||Available each policy year (excluding the 1st year)||Available once every 3rd policy year|
|MATERNITY EXPENSE||N.A.||15,000 for normal 25,000 for C Section||50,000 for normal 1 Lacs for C Section||1 for normal 2 Lacs for C Section||N.A.|
|NEWBORN BABY EXPENSES||N.A.||Covered with Maternity expense||Covered with Maternity expense||Covered with Maternity expense||N.A.|
|AMBULANCE EXPENSE||Upto 2000 per event||Upto 3000 per event||Actual expenses per event||Actual expenses per event||Upto 2000 per event|
Inclusions in ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- Inpatient Hospitalization: ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy covers in-patient hospitalization expenses. It also covers additional coverage for modern treatment methods, HIV and related illnesses, and enteral feeding expenses.
- Ambulance Cover: this plan covers ambulance transportation expenses to the hospital in accordance with the policy opted.
- Day Care Treatment: Medical expenses incurred for daycare treatment that require less than 24 hours of hospitalization are covered under this policy. More than 500-day care procedures are listed and covered under this medical insurance policy.
- Restoration of Sum Insured: the policy restores the sum insured any number of times up to an additional 100% in a policy year with this feature.
- Health Maintenance Benefit: The Pro-Health insurance policies cover the cost of doctor fees, drug expenses, dental treatments, diagnostic tests, etc., up to the reimbursement limit under each of our ProHealth insurance policies.
- Pre and post-hospitalization cover: ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy offers coverage for pre and post-hospitalization expenses.
- Donor Expenses: The policy covers the in-patient hospitalization cost of the donor for a major organ transplant.
- AYUSH cover: This health insurance policy cover AYUSH treatment or non-allopathic treatments expenses such as Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy for hospitalization arising due to accident or illness undertaken in a government AYUSH Hospital or teaching hospitals attached to government recognized AYUSH College or AYUSH Hospital up to the limit of sum insured.
- Maternity Expenses: ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy covers maternity expenses for the delivery/medically necessary termination of pregnancy (maximum up to 2 events) during the lifetime of an insured between 18 to 45 years after a waiting period of 48 months.
- Newborn Baby Expenses: The policy also covers newborn baby expenses until the baby is 90 days old. The medical expenses incurred towards the treatment of the child within the maternity expenses limit will be covered. The vaccination charges for the baby till he/she completes 12 months are covered under the policy.
Exclusions in ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
Expenses related to illnesses or injuries caused due to
- Breach of law
- Contamination from nuclear fuel or radiation
- Suicide or drug abuse
- Foreign invasion or civil war
What covers are available under ManipaCigna ProHealth Plan?
The covers are divided into four parts under the ManipalCigna ProHealth plan:
Basic Covers include in-patient hospitalization, pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, daycare treatment, domiciliary treatment, ambulance cover, donor expenses, worldwide emergency cover, restoration of the sum insured, health maintenance benefit, maternity expenses, newborn expenses, first-year vaccinations.
Value Added Covers include health check-ups, expert opinion on critical illness, cumulative bonus, and healthy rewards.
Optional Covers include Deductible, reduction in the maternity waiting, and voluntary co-pay.
Add On Cover: Critical illness.
What are the minimum and maximum entry ages required for buying a ProHealth insurance plan?
The maximum entry age for children is 91 days and 18 years for adults. However, under a floater plan, it is 23 years for children and a lifetime for adults.
What is the tenure of the ProHealth plan?
The policy tenure for the Pro-Health plan is either 1 year or 2 years. The policyholder can opt for tenure while buying the policy.
Does CignaTTK pay for a pre-policy medical check-up?
Yes, CignaTTK pays for the expenses incurred in medical tests.
Where are the pre-medical tests conducted?
The pre-medical check-up is conducted at the designated centers identified by CignaTTK.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India