ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
A health insurance plan covers almost all kinds of medical expenses; however, there are certain expenses where it might fall short of covering, such as deductible expenses, co-pays, transportation expenses, non-admissible items, etc. Such expenses do put a financial burden on the insured. Therefore, in such situations, ManipalCigna Pro-Health Cash plan plays a significant role by paying cash benefits which can be used when necessary for each day when you and your dependent are hospitalized.
ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash is a global and fixed hospital cash benefit insurance plan. This health plan ensures you and your family with prompt financial support in any part of the world and any situation, making the insured stress-free.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||91 days for children (5 years for
Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disablement Cover) and 18 years
|Maximum entry age||17 years for children and 65 years for
|Daily Cash Benefit||Rs 500 to Rs 5000|
|Policy term||1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years|
|Premium payment||Annual instalment premium payment option for 2- and 3-years policy
Key highlights of ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash comes with two plan options – ProHealth Cash – Basic and Enhanced, comprising a wide choice of daily cash benefits payable. (Details for both the plans are mentioned in the below table).
- This plan pays cash directly to the insured when needed the most while protecting your hard-earned money.
- It compensates for those expenses that are not covered by a regular health insurance plan.
- The plan balances the loss of wages due to hospitalization.
- The plan also offers Accidental Death (AD), and Permanent Total Disability (PTD) cover from Rs 50,000 to Rs 25 lakhs.
- It gives the option to choose a maximum number of coverage days from 60, 90, and 180 per policy year.
- The ProHealth cash plan provides protection for self and family members under individual cover.
- The plan offers a family discount of 10% for covering 3 or more family members under the same policy.
- It also offers a long-term discount of 7.5% and 10% on opting for a 2 and 3 years single premium policy term.
- Online Renewal Discount of 3% p.a. is available under this plan if the customer chooses for NACH or standing instruction (where payment is made either by direct debit or bank account or credit card) option.
- The plan offers a lifetime renewal option.
- The insured gets access to Online Wellness Program for healthy living under this plan.
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Plan offers a 15 day free-look period.
- Tax benefits are available under Sec 80 D, Income Tax Act 1961
- There are no medical tests up to 45 years with a clear medical history and opting for Daily Cash Benefit from Rs 500 to Rs 3000.
- The first 30 days waiting period is applicable for all hospitalization except accidents.
- For specific ailments like Cataract, Stones, Arthritis, etc., 24 month waiting period is applicable, whereas pre-existing diseases will be covered after 48 months.
- First, 90 days waiting period and 30 days survival period is applicable to the Critical Illness Add On Cover.
- The policy covers accidents starting from day 1.
Inclusions and Plan Details of ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash – Basic and Enhanced
|Plan 1 – Basic|
|i. Sickness Hospital Cash Benefit||A Daily Cash Benefit (DCB) for hospitalization due to sickness will be payable|
|ii. Accident Hospital Cash Benefit||2 times the DCB for hospitalization due to an accident will be payable|
|iii. ICU Cash Benefit||3 times the DCB for ICU hospitalization will be payable. Coverage limited to 15 days per insured person per policy year|
|iv. Worldwide Cover||3 times the DCB for hospitalization
outside India will be payable
|Plan 2 – Enhanced (In addition to the benefits under the Basic plan, the
following will also be available.)
|v. Convalescence Benefit||5 times the DCB will be payable
for hospitalisation of 10 or more
continuous days. Benefit is
available only once per insured
person, per policy year
|vi. Companion Benefit||50% of the DCB will be payable in
respect of the accompanying
person who is taking care of the insured
|vii. Compassionate Benefit||10 times the DCB if the insured person
dies during the course of accidental
hospitalisation will be payable
|Optional Covers (available under both the plans)|
|Day Care Treatment||Lower of 5 times the DCB or Rs 25,000 will be payable for listed procedures with a maximum limit of 5 Day Care Treatments including 1 surgery for Cataract per Insured per Policy Year|
|Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability||Opted Sum Insured will be payable
on Accidental Death or Permanent
Total Disablement as specified
Exclusions in ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- Dental treatment.
- Birth control procedures, contraceptive supplies, and services.
- Routine medical check-ups and diagnostic tests.
- All sexually transmitted diseases except HIV/AIDS.
- Ailments arising out of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Cosmetic surgery except for reconstructive surgery for burns and accidents.
- Any form of non-allopathic treatment unless specifically covered under the policy.
What are the various sum insured options available under the ProHealth Cash policy?
The policy offers you the option to choose a Daily Cash Benefit (DCB) from Rs 500 (1 Unit) to Rs 5000 (10 Units). Under Personal Accident and Permanent Total Disability, the sum insured available ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 25 Lakhs. The eligibility for Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability sum insured is determined based on the income, with the maximum being 10 times of annual income.
What are the different policy term options?
The policy can be issued or renewed for 1, 2, or 3 continuous years at the option chosen by the policyholder. The premiums are payable either by single premium mode or in installments by annual mode in case of a 2- or 3-year policy.
Is there reimbursement and/or cashless facility available under Mani Cigna ProHealth Cash Policy?
There is no cashless or reimbursement facility available under ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Policy. This policy offers a fixed Daily Cash Benefit to the insured for each continuous and completed period of 24 hours of hospitalization due to an injury or illness which occurs during the Policy Period.
How is the premium determined for the ProHealth Cash policy?
The premium charged depends on the plan, daily cash benefit, policy tenure, age, optional covers, and maximum coverage limit opted. In addition, the health status of the individual is also considered.
Is worldwide cover available under the policy?
Yes, ManipalCigna ProHealth policy covers necessary hospitalization (planned or emergency) outside India for any illness or injury during the policy period. However, the payment will be 3 times the DCB for each continuous and completed period of 24 hours of hospitalization.
Who are all covered under this policy?
Self, lawfully wedded spouse, parents, children, siblings, parents-in-law, grandparents, and grandchildren can be covered under the policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India