Digit Corona Kavach Policy
Digit Corona Kavach Policy
This COVID-19 pandemic has disfigured everything badly, and it has only increased burdens and responsibilities to people. The treatment of COVID-19 is also quite expensive, especially if you need hospitalization. To reduce the burden of healthcare expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Go Digit General Insurance is embracing customers with Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy. This policy is designed to bear all the costs due to the treatment of Covid-19 at a hospital or home care treatment. Under this policy, you are eligible for hospitalization costs, AYUSH treatment costs, home treatment costs, and many more.
Eligibility criteria for Digit Corona Kavach Policy
|Minimum entry age||Proposer: 18 years
Dependent child: 1 day
Adult insured: 18 years
|Maximum entry age||Proposer: 65 years
Dependent Child: 25 years
Adult insured: 65 days
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||Minimum: Rs.50,000 and maximum: Rs. 5 lakh|
|Policy term||3.5/6.5/9.5 months|
|No. of people covered||Proposer and any one or more family members (spouse/parents or parents-in-law/dependent children)|
Key highlights of Digit Corona Kavach Policy
- This policy is available either on an individual sum insured basis or family floater basis
- This short-term policy is designed to cover hospitalization and treatment for the COVID-19.
- No deducible under this policy
- This policy doesn’t allow migration and portability
- This policy offers both cashless and reimbursement claim processes. You can avail of cashless treatment for more than 1307 hospitals in India.
- The waiting period for this policy is of 15-days only, i.e. you can claim and enjoy the benefits under this policy after 15 days of its purchase
- The premium amount is also affordable for this policy
Some special features of this policy
- If your parents are above 60 years, then you can purchase this policy plan along with your normal health insurance to enhance your cover against COVID-19.
- This policy is valid for up to 9.5 months and expires once you have initiated one claim
- This policy covers only COVID-19 related treatment and thus, benefits are limited as compared to normal health insurance policies
- The sum assured amount is also limited (maximum Rs. 5 lakh)
Inclusions in Digit Corona Kavach Policy
- ICU charges coverage: Sometimes, corona patients need to shift to the ICU for their treatment. This policy compensates for the same, up to the sum insured.
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, OT charges, medicines, oxygen, blood, etc.) if a corona positive patient needs to be hospitalized
- Ambulance coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage (Rs.2000 per hospitalization) if the policyholder needs any hospitalization due to COVID-19
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 15 days) and after your discharge (up to 30 days) from the hospital.
- Homecare treatment: This plan covers homecare treatment costs for up to 14 days if a patient is recommended by a medical practitioner. This policy covers charges including medicine, nursing costs, consultation charges, and cost of pulse Oximeter, Oxygen cylinder, and nebulizer
- AYUSH treatment cover: This plan covers all treatment procedures for a COVID-19 positive patient in any government authorized AYUSH hospital
- Daily cash allowance: This policy covers up to 0.5% of the sum assured that you can utilize as per your needs.
Exclusions in Digit Corona Kavach Policy
- Any hospitalization below 24hours is not covered under this policy.
- This policy is not applicable for outside India treatment.
- COVID-19 claims for diagnosis made before the start of the policy will not be covered.
- If your testing is not conducted in an authorized government testing center, then it will not be covered under this policy.
- OPD and daycare procedures are not covered under this policy.
- Any treatment or medicine that is not related to COVID-19 will not be covered by this policy.
- Rest Cure, rehabilitation and respite care are not covered by this policy.
Digit Corona Kavach Policy cancellation
You can cancel this policy any time by giving 7 days written notice. There would be no refund of premium on cancellation on grounds of misrepresentation, non-disclosure of material facts or fraud.
Are comorbid conditions covered under Digit Corona Kavach Policy?
This policy doesn’t cover the cost of treatment for any comorbid condition, including pre-existing comorbid conditions along with the treatment for COVID-19.
What is the premium for Digit Corona Kavach Policy?
The premium amount for Corona Kavach Policy is calculated based on your age, location and the sum assured that you have chosen.
Can I purchase one Digit Corona Kavach Policy for all family members?
Under this Corona Kavach Policy, you have the option to either go for a family floater or individual plan.
Can I renew my Digit Corona Kavach Policy?
No, you can’t renew your Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy. You need to purchase a fresh insurance plan once it expires.
Can I enjoy the tax benefits on the premium paid for Digit Corona Kavach Policy?
Yes, you can enjoy tax benefits on the premium paid for Digit Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1861.
If I already have health insurance covering coronavirus, should I still purchase the Digit Corona Kavach Policy?
If you are covered under a comprehensive health insurance policy with a good amount of sum assured and other coverage benefits, then you don’t need a separate corona cover policy. So, evaluate your current health insurance policy and make a wise decision.
What if I don’t get coronavirus, is there a no-claim bonus available for Digital Corona Kavach Policy cover?
Since this is a short-term policy, hence there will be no-claim bonus under this policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India