ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard offers an exclusive health insurance policy for protection against Coronavirus. It provides coverage for treatments when a person has positive symptoms in medical tests. With Covid-19 cases increasing day by day, the policy provides ways to get high protection from them. ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance is a standard plan that offers coverage for hospitalization expenses when it comes to Corona-related medical treatments.
It is a short-term policy that provides a lump sum benefit to a policyholder. Not only that, the plan gives ways to get treatment in approved hospitals that will help restore the conditions. The plan is available for 105 days (3.5 months), 195 days (6.5 days), and 285 days (9.5 months). New policy buyers can choose the term based on their choices. The coverage amount offered by the plan ranges from Rs.50,000 to 2.5 lakhs that help to gain more advantages. However, it has a waiting period of 15 days and policyholders and doesn’t come with a renewability feature.
Eligibility criteria for Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||65 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs.50,000 to Rs.2.5 lakhs|
|Policy term||105 days (3.5 months), 195 days (6.5 days), and 285 days (9.5 months).|
Key highlights of ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan
- The plan offers a lump sum benefit to a policyholder when he/she tests positive in a government authorized diagnosis center
- Pre-medical screening is not mandatory before purchasing this policy
- It is applicable only for individuals
- The health insurance plan doesn’t have any deductibles
- Tax benefits for policyholders
- Home treatment cover for policyholders when they don’t get admission to listed hospitals due to non-availability of rooms
- Policyholders can get ambulance charges up to Rs.2000 under this plan
- Affordable premium rates allowing a policyholder to gain more benefits
- Provides cashless services for policyholders in listed hospitals
- Hospital day cash from Rs.250 to Rs.2500 per day after 24-hour hospitalization
- AYUSH treatment coverage for policyholders who want to choose alternative options for Covid-19
- Easy documentation that saves time
- Various types of sum insured options
Inclusions in ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan
- Hospitalization expenses: ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan covers various hospitalization expenses such as boarding charges, room rent, doctor’s fee, medicines, drugs, and diagnostic tests
- Coverage for equipment: Covid-19 treatment requires certain equipment to restore the conditions. The policy provides coverage for masks, PPE kits, ventilators, gloves, and oxygen
- ICU coverage: The plan offers ICU coverage for policyholders when the symptoms are very severe
- Pre and post-hospitalization: ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan offers coverage for medical expenses incurred before 15 days of hospitalization. Not only that, it also provides coverage for post-hospitalization allowing a policyholder to manage high medical expenses
- Optional cover benefit: A policyholder can get 0.5 % of the sum assured daily which is applicable for a maximum of 15 days
- AYUSH coverage: The policy provides alternative treatment options for Covid-19 patients under AYUSH coverage
- Home treatment cover: Policyholders who want to get coverage for home treatment under this policy should submit the doctor’s recommendation report
- Cashless claims: ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan offers cashless claims in listed hospitals
- Treatment for comorbid conditions: The plan offers coverage not only for Covid-19 but also for the comorbid treatment
- Ambulance coverage: ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan offers ambulance coverage for policyholders
Exclusions in ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan
- The policy doesn’t provide a renewal and migration facility
- Any diagnosis or treatment that is not related to Covid-19
- Treatment outside India
- Expenses that incur during 15 days waiting period
- No coverage for testing done at a non-authorized government diagnostic center
- Travel history that tracks to the restricted countries
ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan cancellation
The policyholders can cancel the policy by giving a 7 days written notice and the insurer shall refund the premium to them.
What are the sum insured options offered by ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance?
The plan offers sum insured options of Rs.50000, Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh, 2 lakh, and 2.5 lakh for policyholders.
Why should one buy ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan?
The costs of Covid-19 treatments are expensive and not everyone can afford them and buying ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance will help overcome financial troubles. This is because it provides coverage for hospitalization and other services in listed hospitals to ensure peace of mind from high medical bills.
What is the waiting period for this policy?
The policy has a waiting period of 15 days and policyholders can claim the amount after that.
What are the things to consider while buying this policy?
Policyholders should consider their age, health conditions, medical history, and income before buying the policy.
Does the policy have any pre-existing conditions?
The policy doesn’t have any pre-existing conditions and a person can buy the same from the company without any restrictions.
Is it possible to buy the policy online?
Customers can buy this policy online in easy steps that will save more time.
What is the age limit for buying ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance?
The minimum age is 18 years and the maximum age is 65 years.
Can policyholders cancel the policy?
Yes. Policyholders can cancel the policy with 7 days written notice period and the company will refund the premium amount as soon as possible.
What is the duration of the ICICI Lombard Corona Rakshak Health Insurance plan?
The policy offers coverage for 105 days, 195 days, and 285 days.
Does the policy offer coverage for medical equipment?
Yes. The policy provides coverage for everything including medical equipment such as masks, PPE kits, ventilator, gloves, and oxygen.
How to claim the amount?
Policyholders can claim amounts by submitting medical bills and other documents to the company.
What is AYUSH coverage?
AYUSH is a special coverage available for policyholders when they want to choose alternative treatments such as Ayurveda, homeopathy, Siddha, yoga, and naturopathy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India