Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
Star Comprehensive Health Insurance policy helps in decreasing the financial burden faced by policyholders during a medical emergency. It is a comprehensive health insurance plan with zero sub-limits or capping. The entire family is covered under a single health insurance policy. In addition, the children who are minors or dependent on their parents are covered under this plan until 25 years of age.
This plan offers a wide range of benefits while providing peace of mind to the policyholders from concerns of high medical expenses. It is available on an individual and family floater basis and covers bariatric surgical procedures and their complications, newborn baby, maternity (normal and cesarean delivery), etc.
Eligibility criteria for Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||3 months|
|Maximum entry age||65 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs 5 lakh to Rs 1 crore|
|Premium payment||Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly. The premiums can also be paid in a lump sum for the entire policy term.|
Key highlights of Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
- Lifelong renewability is available under this plan
- Cashless treatment is available in more than 9000 network hospitals.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered once the waiting period gets over.
- Co-payment is not required till the age of 60 years, and 10% is applicable after 61 years.
- Coverage for 50+ year individuals after pre-acceptance medical screening
- The policy offers air ambulance cover up to 10% of the sum insured for plans with an assured sum of more than Rs. 7.5 Lakh.
- Hospitalization expenses including room charges, boarding charges, surgeon fees, nursing costs, specialist fees, cost of drugs, medicine, and pacemaker cost can be claimed under this policy.
- Tax benefits are applicable as per the prevailing norms of the Income Tax Act.
- Dental/ Ophthalmic OPD treatments are covered every 3 policy years.
- Bariatric surgery expenses can be claimed after the waiting period gets over.
- Second medical opinion can be taken from the star health network of doctors.
- 405-daycare treatments as specified in the policy document are covered under the Star Comprehensive Health insurance plan.
- Restore benefit equal to 100% of the sum insured is available once for every policy period.
Inclusions in Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
- Pre and Post hospitalization expenses: the policy covers medical expenses for a maximum of 30 days before hospitalization and 90 days after hospitalization.
- Ayush treatment cover: the plan covers Ayush treatment costs, including Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, and Siddha.
- Domiciliary hospitalization: Star Comprehensive health insurance plan covers domiciliary treatment expenses for a period exceeding three days.
- Emergency ambulance charges: the plan covers emergency ambulance transportation charges. In case of emergency, air ambulance charges are also covered.
- Normal and cesarean delivery: hospitalization expenses for both normal and cesarean delivery can be claimed.
- Newborn expenses: expenses related to newborn babies and vaccination are covered under the plan.
- Organ donor charges: the plan covers the expenses related to organ donor charges.
Exclusions in Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
- Expenses related to any unproven treatment
- Gender change treatment
- Obesity-related treatment
- Pre-existing diseases until the waiting period gets over
- Treatments expenses for injuries or illness due to hazardous or adventure sports.
- Treatment for endocrine disorders.
- Cosmetic or Plastic surgery
- Drug addiction or alcoholism
- Sterility or infertility
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Healing approaches such as naturopathy treatments.
- Any illness contracted by the insured within the first 30 days of the policy.
Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy cancellation
The policyholder can cancel the Star Comprehensive policy by giving 15 days written notice. Further, the insurer will initiate the refund for the unexpired policy period. In case the premium is paid on a monthly basis, then it is not refundable.
Does Star Comprehensive health insurance plan come with a portability feature?
Yes, Star Comprehensive health insurance plan comes with a portability feature wherein the policyholder can port his or her policy to another insurer at the time of renewal. For this, an application in the appropriate format should be presented before the company at least 45 days prior to the date of renewal.
Is there any limit of the sum insured to get cover for air ambulance expenses?
Yes, air ambulance expenses are covered only when the sum insured goes above Rs 7.5 Lakh.
Is the Star Comprehensive health insurance plan eligible for tax benefits?
Yes, the premium paid towards Star Comprehensive health insurance plan is eligible for tax benefit under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961.
How much is Bariatric Surgery dedicated under the Star Comprehensive health insurance plan in every policy period?
Star Comprehensive health insurance offers financial aid of a maximum of Rs. 2,50,000 for Bariatric Surgery.
Does Star Comprehensive health plan offer a cumulative bonus?
Yes, Star Comprehensive health insurance provides a cumulative bonus equal to 100% of the basic sum assured.
Does Star Comprehensive health plan cover delivery expenses?
Star Comprehensive health insurance policy covers delivery expenses, including Caesarean delivery (prenatal and postnatal expenses) up to the limits as specified for the delivery expenses. The policy covers 2 deliveries during the lifetime of the insurance and is payable only within the policy term.
Why should I opt for the Star Comprehensive health insurance plan?
Star Comprehensive health insurance policy is offered by a reputed insurer, Star Health insurance company. The company boasts of more than 9000 network hospitals and ensures a timely and hassle-free claim settlement process. In addition, several features and benefits back the plans offered by the insurer to fulfill all customers' requirements.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India