Digit Complete Care Policy
Digit Complete Care Policy
Are you looking for a holistic healthcare policy that will offer you comprehensive coverage for you and your loved ones? Then the Digit Complete Care policy could be the best one for you. This policy was introduced by Digit Life Insurance with an aim to offer coverage against various healthcare expenses including, hospitalization, ambulance, daycare procedures, and so on. With this policy plan, policyholders can enjoy protection against any loss related to the building and its contents. This healthcare policy is also governed by and is subject to the terms and conditions that are incorporated into the policy plan. Before purchasing this policy, don’t forget to check all the terms and conditions for your betterment.
Eligibility criteria for Digit Complete Care Policy
|Minimum entry age||1 year|
|Maximum entry age||60 years|
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||variable|
|Policy term||1 year|
|No. of people covered||Proposer and any one or more family members|
Key highlights of Digit Complete Care Policy
- This policy is available either on an individual sum insured basis or family floater basis.
- This policy offers a variable sum assured as per the need of the policyholders.
- This policy offers both cashless and reimbursement claim processes. You can avail of cashless treatment for more than 6400 hospitals in India.
- Under this policy, you will be eligible for a yearly cumulative bonus for claim-free years.
- The premium amount is also affordable for this policy.
- Digital friendly claim settlement process, no hard copies.
Some special features of this policy
- The insured policy members are free to migrate from this Policy to an individual health insurance policy or a family floater policy offered by our company.
- This policy offers personal belonging protection (Burglary, robbery and Accidental Damage cover).
- This policy offers legal assistance cover.
- This policy comes with a 15-day free look period.
Inclusions in Digit Complete Care Policy
- Accidental coverage: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, OT charges, medicines, oxygen, blood, etc.) if the insured policyholder needs to be hospitalized.
- Ambulance Coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage if the policyholder needs any hospitalization under accidental and illness hospitalization cover
- Pre and Post Hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 30 days) and after your discharge (up to 60 days) from the hospital.
- Daycare Procedure: If you got any accidental injury or illness during the policy period and due to this, you need to go for a treatment at a daycare centre, then this policy pays all medical expenses incurred for such day care procedure
- AYUSH Treatment Cover: these days, many people prefer alternative treatments. This policy covers those treatments if done in certified hospitals of Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and/or Homeopathy.
- Hospital cash: This policy offers you a daily cash allowance if you are hospitalized. If you are in the ICU, then it will pay the cash twice a day.
- OPD Benefits: This policy also covers OPD treatment costs
- Personal Belonging Protection: This policy will pay the market value of the lost personal belongings or replace the same with another one of a similar make-model in case it is physically lost during the policy period due to burglary
- Building and Content Protection: If the policyholder faces any accidental or physical loss or damage by fire, lightning, explosion, riot, aircraft damage, bush fire, missile testing, etc., the policy will provide coverage up to the sum insured.
- Legal Assistance Cover: This policy provides coverage against legal expenses up to the sum insured.
Exclusions in Digit Complete Care Policy
- Obesity or weight control related surgeries that are not related to any medical treatment
- Change of gender treatments are not covered under this policy
- Cosmetic and plastic surgeries
- Claims resulting from committing or attempting to commit a criminal act will not be covered
- Treatments due to substance abuse are not covered
- Sports injuries or adventurous activities are excluded
- Treatments without a doctor’s recommendation are not covered
- This policy doesn’t cover venereal disease or any other sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS/HIV
- This policy doesn’t pay any non-allopathic treatment
- Dental treatment, contact lenses, spectacles, hearing aids, etc. are not covered under this policy
Digit Complete Care Policy cancellation
You can cancel this policy any time by giving 15 days written notice. The company will refund the premiums on short-term rates for the unexpired policy period.
What is the process for reimbursement claims under the Digit Complete Care policy?
For a reimbursement claim, you need to follow the below-mentioned procedure.
· Within 30 days from the date of discharge, you need to submit all documents related to hospitalization.
· After receiving your documents, the insurer will investigate and obtain information on the alleged injury or illness requiring hospitalization, if required;
· All claims shall be settled within 30 days from the date of receipt of the last necessary claim document. In case of any delay in payment for all approved claims beyond 30 days from the receipt of the last necessary claim document, the insurer will pay interest at a rate that is 2% above the bank rate prevalent
Will I get covered for pre-existing illnesses under this Digit Complete Care policy?
This policy doesn’t cover pre-existing illnesses like if you have already been diagnosed with cancer, HIV, Parkinson's disease, Thalassemia, Neuropathy, Liver and Kidney diseases, Down syndrome, and Alzheimer's disease amongst many others.
Can I get admitted to a non-network hospital?
Yes, you can. However, in this case, you need to initiate a claim for reimbursement as cashless claims are available at the network hospitals only.
What is the best age to buy Health Insurance?
The younger you are, the lower will be your premium. Also, if you are younger, you can pass the waiting period years for various covers to be valid. That’s why you should purchase a health insurance policy at a young age.
What is the difference between life insurance and health insurance?
Life insurance is a long-term policy that pays out the claim amount to the beneficiary after the death of the insured policyholder. Whereas a health insurance plan covers all healthcare and medical expenses of the insured and his/her family members that can occur due to illnesses, diseases, and accidents.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India