ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Super Top Up health insurance policy provides coverage over and above the existing health insurance policy limit. Regular health insurance does not cover any medical expenses beyond the sum insured limit, which might create problems when one requires the most. So, in such a situation, the Super Top Up policy from ManipalCigna is of great help. It comes into effect as soon as the sum insured of the existing policy gets exhausted or is insufficient to settle the claim.
Meanwhile, under the Super Top Up policy, one can get more protection with an increased cover. For example, one can get Rs 3 lakh as a top-up value along with additional coverage of up to Rs 30 lakhs at an increased premium under the ManipalCigna Super Top Up Policy.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||Child: 3 months, Adult: 18 years|
|Maximum entry age||Child: 23 years (family floater policy), Adult: No limit|
|Sum assured options||Rs 1 lakh to Rs 30 lakhs|
|Policy term||1 year, 2 years, and 3 years|
|Premium payment mode||Single, Yearly, Half-yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly|
|Relationships covered||Self, Spouse, Dependent Children, Dependent – Parents, In-laws, Brothers, Sisters and more|
Key highlights of ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- The ManipalCigna Super Top Up Policy is a super affordable policy with premiums as low as Rs 1770 per annum.
- The Super Top Up plan by ManipalCigna offers additional coverage up to Rs 30 lakhs at a nominal premium cost.
- The plan offers a guaranteed cumulative bonus to manage inflation. It gives a 5% increase in the sum insured per policy year up to a maximum of 50% of the sum insured irrespective of claims.
- Under the Super Top Up health insurance policy, one gets to pick any room category in the hospital.
- It covers Allopathic and AYUSH in-patient treatments up to the sum insured.
- ManipalCigna Super Top-up comes with basic and optional covers to choose from.
- Under In-Patient Hospitalization, the policy covers medical expenses for HIV, AIDS, and related diseases, maximum up to Rs 2 lakhs after a waiting period of 2 years, medical expenses incurred towards modern and advanced treatment methods, maximum up to sum insured along with the expenses for artificial life maintenance including life support machine use.
- The policyholder can avail cashless treatment at over 6500 network hospitals.
- At the time of purchase of this policy, the policyholder gets an option to reduce pre-existing disease (PED) waiting period to 24 months.
- From the 5th policy year onwards, the insured have an option to opt for a separate base policy, with guaranteed continuity on the waiting periods. There will be no fresh risk assessment for sum insured up to the deductible amount opted under ManipalCigna Super Top Up. The coverage under the existing policy continues to be available, subject to renewal and policy terms and conditions.
- Under this plan, ManipalCigna offers a 10% family discount for covering 2 or more family members under a single individual policy.
- This plan also offers a long-term discount of 7.5% on opting for 2 years and 10% on opting for a 3 years single policy term.
- A grace period of 30 days for renewal of quarterly, half-yearly, yearly single premium payment and 15 days for renewal of monthly premium payment policy is given to the policyholders under this plan.
- Tax benefits are applicable according to the prevailing norms of the Income Tax Act.
Inclusions in ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- Inpatient Hospitalization: ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy covers in-patient hospitalization expenses if the insured is admitted to a hospital for more than 24 hours of illness or injury. The expenses include the room charges, ICU expenses, nursing charges, doctor fees, surgeon fees, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, and other medical expenses.
- Pre and post-hospitalization cover: This comprehensive health insurance policy offers coverage for pre (60 days before the date of hospitalization) and post-hospitalization expenses (up to 90 days post-discharge from the hospital).
- AYUSH treatment cover: This health insurance policy covers AYUSH treatment or non-allopathic treatments like Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy for hospitalization due to accident or illness and undertaken in a government hospital or government recognized hospital up to the limit of sum insured.
- Day Care Treatment: ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy covers medical expenses incurred for daycare treatment that requires less than 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Non-Medical expenses cover: The policy covers the cost of non-medical items listed in the policy terms and conditions. The cover is available subject to the claim being admissible under in-patient hospitalization or Daycare treatment and the expenses on non-medical items related to the same.
- Road Ambulance Cover: The Super Top-up plan covers the transportation expenses by an ambulance to the hospital for treatment.
- Donor Expenses: It also covers the in-patient hospitalization cost of the donor for a major organ transplant.
Exclusions in ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
Expenses are not covered related to any illnesses or injuries caused due to
- Breach of law
- Contamination from nuclear fuel or radiation
- Suicide or drug abuse
- Foreign invasion or civil war
- Rest Cure, rehabilitation, and respite care
- Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery
- Hazardous or Adventure sports
- Change-of-Gender treatments
- Investigation & Evaluation
- Excluded Providers
- Treatments received in health hydros, nature cure clinics, spas, or similar establishments
- Treatment for, Alcoholism, drug or substance abuse, or any addictive condition and consequences thereof
- Dietary supplements and substances that can be purchased without prescription
- Obesity/ Weight Control treatment
- Unproven Treatments
- Sterility and Infertility
- Dental treatment, dentures, or surgery of any kind unless necessitated due to an accident, Circumcision
- Prostheses, corrective devices, and medical appliances
- Costs of donor screening
- External Congenital Anomaly or defects
What are the benefits of a Super Top Up Policy?
ManipalCigna Super Top Up policy serves as an added protection when the sum insured amount of the basic health insurance policy gets exhausted. This policy comes with several benefits and the top-up option, such as availing any room category during hospitalization.
Does the Super Top Up policy provide AYUSH cover?
Yes, the Super Top Up policy provides AYUSH cover for the in-patient treatment under Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Naturopathy, and Homeopathy for an illness or injury occurring during the policy year. The coverage is available up to the sum insured.
Is it possible to cover self and family members under this policy?
Yes, it is possible to cover self, spouse & children on an individual & family floater basis. For parents, you can opt for a separate family floater policy. Additionally, extended family like siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, parent in-laws, son in law, daughter in law, Uncle, Aunt, Niece, and Nephew can be covered on an individual basis.
Does specific illness waiting period be waived under ManipalCigna Super Top Up policy?
A waiting period of 24 months is applied for the specific illness treatment, whether medical or surgical, for all medical expenses along with their complications. The list of treatments is mentioned in the policy terms & conditions. In case these diseases are found to be pre-existing, then a pre-existing waiting period will be applied. For a ported policy, continuity benefits will be available.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India