Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
Health insurance policies are the best ones to offer the utmost care against all your and your family’s healthcare needs. Digital Healthcare plus policy is offered by GoDigit General Insurance Company with an aim to protect you and your loved ones by providing extensive plan coverage. The policy comes with a plethora of benefits and intriguing features to meet all medical care needs and expectations of everyone. This comprehensive health policy is also governed by and is subject to the terms and conditions that are mentioned in the policy plan. Thus, you should thoroughly check all the features and conditions of this healthcare policy and see how it will become your helping hand under a healthcare emergency.
Eligibility criteria for Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
|Minimum entry age||For hospitalization cover: 18 years
Critical illness cover: 18 years
|Maximum entry age||For Hospitalization cover: No limit
Critical illness cover: 65 years
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||Minimum: Rs.10,000 and maximum: Rs. 3 Crore|
|Policy term||1, 2, 3 years|
|No. of people covered||Proposer and any one or more family members (spouse/parents or parents-in-law/dependent children)|
Key highlights of Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
- This policy is available either on an individual sum insured basis or family floater basis
- This policy offers a variable sum assured to policyholders
- This policy offers both cashless and reimbursement claim processes. You can avail of cashless treatment for more than 6400 hospitals in India.
- Under this policy, you will be eligible for a yearly cumulative bonus for claim-free years
- The premium amount is also affordable for this policy
- Digital friendly claim settlement process, no hard copies
- This policy offers no age-based co-payment. This means, during health insurance claims, you need not pay anything from your pocket.
Some special features of this policy
- After your initial waiting period, this policy offers cancer coverage to policyholders.
- This policy also offers maternity benefits and new-born baby cover.
- This policy also offers complimentary health check-ups.
- The insured policy members are free to migrate from this Policy to an individual health insurance policy or a family floater policy offered by our company.
Inclusions in Digit Healthcare Plus Policy
- ICU charges coverage: this policy covers ICU expenses for the insured policyholder
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, OT charges, medicines, oxygen, blood, etc.) if the insured policyholder needs to be hospitalized
- Ambulance coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage if the policyholder needs any hospitalization under accidental and illness hospitalization cover
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 30 days) and after your discharge (up to 60 days) from the hospital.
- Daycare procedure: If you got any accidental injury or illness during the policy period and due to this, you need to go for a treatment at a daycare centre, then this policy pays all medical expenses incurred for such day care procedure
- AYUSH treatment cover: these days, many people prefer alternative treatments. This policy covers those treatments if done in certified hospitals of Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and/or Homeopathy.
- Modern treatment methods: Modern treatments, including Balloon Sinuplasty, Immunotherapy, Stem Cell Therapy, etc. can be covered
- Hospital cash: This policy offers you a daily cash allowance if you are hospitalized. If you are in the ICU, then it will pay the cash twice a day.
- Infertility treatment: If you are looking for infertility treatment then this plan will cover all the expenses related to it. But you will be eligible only once during the policy tenure
- Organ donor: If you are planning for an organ transplantation surgery, then the donor’s expenses and the surgery expenses will be covered under this plan
Exclusions in Digit Healthcare plus Policy
- Obesity or weight control related surgeries that are not related to any medical treatment
- Change of gender treatments are not covered under this policy
- Cosmetic and plastic surgeries
- Claims resulting from committing or attempting to commit a criminal act will not be covered
- Treatments due to substance abuse are not covered
- Sports injuries or adventurous activities are excluded
- Treatments without a doctor’s recommendation are not covered
Digit Healthcare plus Policy cancellation
You can cancel this policy any time by giving 15 days written notice. The company will refund the premiums on short-term rates for the unexpired policy period.
What are the critical illnesses covered under Digit Healthcare Plus policy?
Cancer of specified severity
· Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves
· Benign Brain Tumour
· Major Head Trauma
· Primary (Idiopathic) Pulmonary Hypertension
· Open Chest CABG
· End-Stage Lung Failure and Liver Failure
· Kidney Failure requiring Regular Dialysis
· Bone Marrow Transplant
· Multiple Sclerosis with persisting symptoms
· Coma of specified severity
· Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
· Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
· Motor Neuron Disease with permanent symptoms
Can I avail of tax benefits by purchasing the Digit Healthcare plus Policy?
Yes, you can avail of the tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act on the premium paid for this policy.
Can I start using my Digit Healthcare plus insurance policy from day one?
No, there is an initial period of 30 days. But in the case of any hospitalization claim, you don’t need to go through any initial waiting period.
Is there any provision to enhance the sum assured under Digit Healthcare plus policy?
The sum assured amount can be enhanced only at the time of renewal. You need to submit a fresh proposal for sum assured enhancement to the insurer.
Does the Digit Healthcare plus policy come with the portability feature?
Yes, the Digit Healthcare plus policy comes with the portability feature. If you want to migrate to another plan of a different insurer, then you can do it at the time of renewal.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India