ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan is an indemnity standard health insurance plan that offers coverage for individuals. The policy even provides a family floater option for individuals to add parents, spouses, dependent children, and others. It is a short-term policy that offers coverage from Rs.50000 to Rs.5 lakhs. Those who want to purchase exclusive health insurance for COVID-19 can choose this plan will help them gain more advantages.
The policy doesn’t come with any sub-limit on the room rent and any co-payment clause. Some of the benefits offered by the policy include pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, AYUSH treatment, ambulance coverage, home treatment expenses, etc. The policy is available for 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months which caters to the needs of policyholders with a waiting period of 15 days. It allows policyholders to get high-quality treatments in listed hospitals. Another thing is that it gives ways to ensure maximum protection from high medical expenses that help to experience peace of mind from mental stress.
Eligibility criteria for ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||65 years and 25 years for dependent children|
|Sum assured options||Rs.50,000 to Rs.5 lakhs in multiples of 50,000|
|Policy term||105 days (3.5 months), 195 days (6.5 days), and 285 days (9.5 months).|
Key highlights of ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan
- Pre-medical screening is not mandatory before purchasing this policy
- Family floater for policyholders to include dependent children, parents, and others
- The health insurance plan doesn’t have any deductibles
- Tax benefits for policyholders
- Affordable premium rates allowing a policyholder to gain more benefits
- Provides cashless services for policyholders in listed hospitals
- Online purchase facility that will save more time
- The plan offers ICU/ICCU coverage for policyholders
- No co-payment clause and sub-limit on room rent
- Alternate treatment options for policyholders
- Different types of sum insured options
- Affordable premium rates
- No pre-existing illnesses
Inclusions in ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan
- Home treatment cover: Policyholders can get coverage for home treatment under this policy under the recommendation of a doctor.
- Pre and post-hospitalization: ICICI Lombard’s Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan offers pre-hospitalization for 15 days before hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses for 30 days after hospitalization.
- AYUSH coverage: The policy provides alternative treatment options for COVID-19 patients such as Ayurveda, Siddha, and homeopathy.
- Inpatient hospitalization: The policy offers coverage for in-patient hospitalization expenses such as room rent, nursing, doctor’s fees, anesthesia, medicines, drugs, ventilator costs, surgical appliances, PPE kit, etc.
- Treatment for comorbid conditions: The plan offers coverage not only for COVID-19 but also for the comorbid treatment.
- Ambulance coverage: ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan offers ambulance coverage for policyholders up to Rs.2000 per hospitalization.
- Hospital daily cash cover: The plan provides a fixed daily allowance ranging from Rs.250 to Rs.2500 per day payable up to 15 days during the policy period.
- Optional cover benefit: A policyholder can get 0.5 % of the sum assured every day for every 24 hours of continuous hospitalization.
Exclusions in ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan
- The policy doesn’t provide a renewal and migration facility.
- Any diagnosis or treatment that is not related to COVID-19.
- Expenses that incur during the 15-day waiting period.
- Travel history that tracks to the restricted countries.
- Treatment outside India.
- Testing done at a diagnostic center which is not approved by the Government.
- Treatments incurred on daycare treatment and OPD treatment.
ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan cancellation
The policyholders can cancel the policy by giving 7 days written notice and the insurer shall refund the premium subject to conditions.
Why should one buy ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan?
Buying ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance allows a policyholder to get coverage for hospitalization expenses when tested positive in medical tests.
Does the policy have any pre-existing conditions?
The policy doesn’t include any pre-existing conditions and customers can purchase them based on their needs.
What is the eligibility for the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan?
Anyone who is in the age group of 18-65 is eligible to apply for this plan.
What are the sum insured options offered by the policy?
The policy offers the sum insured options from Rs.50000 to Rs.5 lakhs with multiples of 50,000.
Is it possible to renew the policy?
No. It is a short-term policy and doesn’t provide a renewal and migration facility.
What are the expenses covered under inpatient hospitalization under ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan?
Here we listed out the expenses covered under inpatient hospitalization under ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan are:-
Coverage for ICU/ ICCU expenses.
Doctor’s expenses, and specialist fees.
Operation theatre expenses, oxygen, and ventilator cots.
Expenses for equipment such as PPE kits, gloves, masks, and surgical appliances.
What are the documents needed for the claim of home care treatment expenses?
Here is the documents needed for the claim of home care treatment expenses as mentioned below:-
Certificate from a doctor who recommends home treatment for Covid-19
A prescription from a medical practitioner suggesting hospitalization
Discharge certificate obtained from a doctor with starting date and completion of home care treatment
Photo identity proof
Duly filled and signed claim form treatment
Daily monitoring chart that includes the treatment details duly signed by the treatment doctor
Can policyholders cancel the policy?
Yes. Policyholders can cancel the policy with 7 days written notice period and the company will refund the premium amount as soon as possible.
What is AYUSH coverage?
AYUSH is a special coverage available for policyholders when they want to choose alternative treatments such as Ayurveda, homeopathy, and Siddha.
What is the duration of the ICICI Lombard Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan?
The policy offers coverage for 105 days, 195 days, and 285 days.
Does the policy offer coverage for medical equipment?
Yes. The policy provides coverage for everything including medical equipment such as masks, PPE kits, ventilator, gloves, and oxygen.
Is it possible to get ambulance expenses under this policy?
The policy offers ambulance coverage for policyholders up to Rs.2000 per hospitalization.
Does the policy offer coverage for comorbid conditions?
Yes. ICICI Lombard’s Corona Kavach Health Insurance plan offers coverage for comorbid conditions along with Covid-19 treatment after hospitalization.