Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
Care Freedom health insurance policy offers utmost freedom and adds flexibility to your life so that you can enjoy it to the fullest. Moreover, this policy provides you with a financial cushion and prevents you from falling back in case of a health emergency. This health policy covers all medical expenses due to diabetes, high pressure, cholesterol, and high BMI. A person can purchase this policy for themselves and their family members on an individual or floater basis.
Eligibility criteria for Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||For Care freedom plan 1
Child: 90 days
Adult: 18 years
For Care Freedom plan 2
Individual: 46 years
Floater: eldest person >46 years
Child: 90 days
Other adults: 18 years
|Maximum entry age||Adult: Lifelong
Child: 24 years
|For dependent child||Floater: 90 days|
|Sum assured options||3 lakh, 5 lakh, 7 lakh, 10 lakh|
|Policy term||1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years|
|Premium payment||Quarterly, half-yearly, and annually|
|No. of people covered||Self, spouse and up to 4 dependent children|
Key Highlights of Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
- This is the utmost health insurance policy that offers health insurance coverage without any hassle.
- In the case of pre-existing disease, the waiting period is 2 years.
- Free annual health check-ups for all insured policyholders irrespective of their claim history. These tests include complete blood count with ESR, fasting blood sugar, lipid profile, kidney function test, blood group, and ECG.
- If the claim amount surpasses your coverage limit, you can automatically recharge your base sum assured
- This policy offers lifelong renewability.
- Easy and convenient cashless treatment and reimbursement process. This policy offers you cashless treatment at 8000+ network hospitals. Now, enjoy the best treatment for your ailments, as this policy covers all your medical expenditures.
- Always go for a plan with a term of one, two, or three years to make your renewal process simpler.
- This policy offers two variants (Care Freedom plan 1 and Care Freedom plan 2).
- You are eligible for tax benefit on the premiums under 80D of Income Tax Act 1961.
Some special features of this policy
- Companion benefit: If the insured policyholder is admitted to a hospital for more than 10 consecutive days, then the policy offers a lump sum amount (Rs. 10,000-Rs.15,000) to the policyholder once a year.
- Dialysis cover: this policy covers a certain amount of dialysis per sitting (Rs. 1000 per sitting)
- Home Care (optional cover 2): This policy compensates for the charges of a qualified nurse to provide personal care (maximum of 7 days per illness and maximum of 45 days per policy year).
- Health Check + (optional cover 3): You can upgrade your annual health check-up benefit to either diabetes health check-ups (Blood count with ESR, Urine RE, blood group, fasting blood sugar, TMT, Lipid profile, Liver function test, TSH, Medical Examination Report, HbA1C, and HBsAg) or cardiac health check-ups (Blood count with ESR, Urine RE, blood group, fasting blood sugar, TMT, Lipid profile, Liver function test, TSH, Medical Examination Report, chest Xray, and HBsAg).
Inclusions in Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
- In-hospitalization: This plan covers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, ICU charges, OT charges, oxygen, blood, etc.) if the admission for injury/illness in a hospital exceeds 24 consecutive hours.
- Ambulance coverage: This plan bears all the expenses for ambulance coverage (Rs.1000 per hospitalization) if the policyholder needs to be hospitalized in case of a health emergency
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization and after your discharge (up to 30days) from the hospital.
- Daycare procedures: This plan covers 170 daycare treatment methods like cataracts (Rs.20,000-Rs.30,000 per eye) and many more
- Domiciliary treatment: if you are not in a condition to shift to a hospital or if the rooms are not available in the hospitals, then you will be reimbursed for domiciliary treatment (after 3 days, up to 10% of the sum assured is covered).
- Consumable allowance: This plan compensates for non-medical expenses (Rs. 750-Rs.1000 per day for a maximum of 7 days per hospitalization)
- Treatments for diseases: This policy covers treatment methods for various diseases, including surgeries (hernia, stone removal, BPH, cancer, etc.), knee replacement, cardiovascular disorder treatment, breakage of bones treatment, and the treatment of renal complications.
Exclusions in Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy
- Pre-existing diseases (waiting period 2 years)
- Any diseases contracted within 30 days of the policy
- OPD treatment
- The routine eye check-ups, and dental treatment
- External congenital disease
- Drug addiction or alcoholism
- Self-inflicted injuries from suicide or any suicidal attempt
- Injuries or illness due to war or similar conditions
- External congenital diseases
- Infertility treatment
- Treatment-related to childbirth and its complications
Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy cancellation
Policyholders are eligible to cancel their policies within a 15-days free look period. The insurance company will refund the amount, minus any expenses covered by them or stamp duty charges.
Is pre-policy medical check-up required in Care Freedom Health Insurance Plan?
You don’t need to undergo pre-policy medical check-ups for all ages and sum insured under Care Freedom Plan.
What is the grace period in Care Freedom Health Insurance Plan?
The grace period in Care Freedom Health Insurance Plan is 30 days from the date of expiry.
How to purchase and apply for the Care Freedom Health Insurance plan?
· This policy plan offers adequate health insurance coverage for you and your family.
· You are eligible for cashless treatment in more than 8350+ network hospitals.
· Enjoy tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
What do you mean by a family floater plan in Care Freedom Health Insurance policy?
A family floater plan covers an all-inclusive health insurance policy for your entire family under it. This is a customized plan that satisfies all the health needs of you and your family.
Can I add and remove family members from my current Care Freedom health insurance policy?
Yes, at the time of renewal of your Care Freedom Health insurance policy, you can add and remove family members. But, you can’t make any change during the tenure of the policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India