HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan
HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan
While you are looking for a comprehensive health insurance plan, HDFC ERGO MY Health Suraksha Plan is an option that you can’t spurn easily. This plan gives you the utmost protection against thriving medical expenses and it is specially designed for individuals, families, and senior citizens. This plan strengthens your family’s protection against unanticipated incidents and accidental injuries. HDFC ERGO My HealthInsurance plan comes with multiple sum insured amounts ranging from Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 75 Lakhs.
Eligibility criteria for HDFC ERGO My Health Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||Child: 91 days
Adult: 18 years
Proposer: 18 years
|Maximum entry age||Adult: Life long
Child: 25 years
Proposer: Life long
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||3 lakh-75 lakh|
|Policy term||1/2/3 years|
|Premium payment||Quarterly, half-yearly, and annually|
Key Highlights of HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan
- This plan gives the utmost protection to individuals, families, and senior citizens.
- This plan comes with three variants named Silver Smart, Gold Smart & Platinum Smart Plans.
- This comprehensive health insurance covers in-patient treatment costs, pre-and post-hospitalization expenses with no sub-limits on disease, hospital room rents, doctor’s fees, and hospital charges.
- With this health insurance plan, you are eligible for cashless claims across 10,000+ network hospitals in India
- Multiple sums assured amount ranging from Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 75 lakh
- This plan offers health checkups only once at the end of the continuous four claim-free years.
- You can enjoy this policy as an individual or on a family floater basis.
- This plan comes with various discount options including, family discount, long-term family discount, and loyalty discount
- This plan embraces you with wellness features like health incentives for maintaining health and fitness discounts at renewal
- The insured person is eligible for free health check-ups every year at network hospitals
- You can avail of the Income Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Some special features of this plan
- Parent and child care cover (booster): Under this feature, this plan covers maternity expenses, childbirth, and OPD expenses. The waiting period for this booster cover is 3 years.
- Non-medical expenses cover: With this add-on coverage, this health plan compensates for non-medical expenses on the hospitalization of the insured person.
- Extended cumulative bonus: This add-on cover enhances cumulative bonus cover. However, once it is opted for, it cannot be opted out at subsequent renewal.
- The waiting period is 2 years of pre-existing illnesses
- This plan comes with a co-payment option. This means if you enroll in this plan at the age of 61 years or above, you need to pay 20% of the premium amount. The rest payment is taken care of by the insurance company.
- For higher sums assured and people above 45 years, need to go for pre-policy check-up tests including blood count, lipid profile, creatinine, USG, Chest Xray, PSA, Sugar fasting test, and HBsAg.
Inclusions in HDFC ERGO My Health Insurance Policy
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers medical expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, ICU charges, OT charges, oxygen, blood, diagnostic charges, surgical appliances, etc.) if the admission for injury/illness in a hospital exceeds 24 consecutive hours.
- Ambulance coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage (Rs.2000-Rs.15,000 per hospitalization) if the policyholder needs any hospitalization in case of a health emergency
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 60 days) and after your discharge (up to 180 days) from the hospital.
- Domiciliary treatment: If there is non-availability of room in the hospitals or the insured policyholder is not in a state to shift to a hospital, then this health plan offers medical expenses for domiciliary (treatment at home) hospitalization.
- Daycare procedures: This plan covers daycare treatment methods like cataracts and many more
- Organ donor expenses: This plan covers expenses for organ donor hospitalization treatment.
- Alternative treatment: This plan covers alternative treatment options like Ayurvedic, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- Mental Healthcare: This plan also bears expenses for mental health care hospitalization
- Recovery benefit: This health plan pays the specified amount (Rs. 5000-Rs. 25000) upon medically necessary hospitalization of an insured person exceeding 10 consecutive days.
Exclusions in HDFC ERGO My Health Insurance Health Insurance Policy
- Pre-existing diseases (waiting period 2 years)
- Any diseases contracted within 30 days of the policy
- Treatment of obesity or weight gain, dental treatment, pregnancy, miscarriage, stem cell harvesting, growth hormone, therapy, plastic, and cosmetic surgery
- External congenital disease
- Drug addiction or alcoholism
- Self-inflicted injuries from suicide or any suicidal attempt
- Injuries or accidents under war-like operations, public defence, rebellion, revolution, etc.
- Medical expenses for the treatment of STD
- In-vitro fertilization treatment and infertility treatment
- Spectacles, contact lenses, and hearing aid expenses
- Vaccination including inoculation and immunization
HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Insurance Policy cancellation
Policyholders are eligible to cancel their policies within a 15-days free look period. The insurance company will refund the amount minus the proportionate risk premium for the period on cover, medical examination expenses, and stamp duty charges.
Is there a facility for an air ambulance for the HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha plan?
Yes, My Health Gold Smart (up to 2 lakhs) and Platinum Smart (up to 5 lakhs) plan offer air ambulance facilities to policyholders.
Who all can get coverage under this HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha Plan?
This plan offers coverage for an individual as well as a family floater policy. Family members who can get covered under the individual plan of this plan include Proposer, Spouse, Dependent Children, Dependent Parents, Dependent Parents-in-law, GrandMother, Grand Father, Grand Son, Grand Daughter, Daughter-in-law, Son-in-law, Sister, Brother, Sister-in-law, Brother-in-law, Nephew, and Niece. Whereas, under the family floater option, Self, Spouse, Dependent Children and Dependent Parents and Dependent Parents-in-law can be covered.
Does HDFC ERGO My Health Suraksha offer a discount to policyholders?
Yes, this policy offers three types of discounts to policyholders.
· Family discount (If 2 or more family members are enrolled under an individual sum assured policy, then a discount of 10% on the premium shall be offered)
· Loyalty discount (if the insured person purchased more than 1 product, then a 2.5% discount on premiums will be applicable)
· Long term policy discount (A discount of 7.5% and 12.5% shall be offered on premiums if the policy is purchased for 2-year and 3-year tenure respectively)
Can I pay the premium of My Health Suraksha Policy in installments?
Yes, the plan allows the option of premium payment on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual basis.
What is the policy period or coverage term applicable under the My Health Suraksha plan?
This policy can be issued for 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India