ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy offers protection against the consequences of uncertain risk of critical illnesses and accidents under a single policy cover. This policy can be purchased by corporates or associations/ groups for the benefit of their employees or members and their dependents.
The Lifestyle Protection Group Policy can be customized as per the requirements of the employees or group members, providing the flexibility to design the policy cover. The plan offers a wide range of policy cover starting from disabilities, accidents, critical illnesses, and procedures.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
|Minimum entry age||18 years (5 years for dependent under Group Personal Accident cover) (children, grandchildren, siblings)|
|Maximum entry age||5 years (>65 years subject to underwriting review for Group Critical Illness) 25 years for dependent (children, grandchildren, siblings).|
|Sum Insured||Rs 10000 up to Rs 50 Crores|
|Policy term||1 year (>1 year, max up to 5 year’s term available for Credit Linked Policy)|
|Premium payment||Monthly/ Quarterly/ Half-yearly/ Annual/ Single payments (Short period and on duty cover available for Group Personal Accident policy)|
|Relationships covered||Self, Dependant – spouse, parents, parent in-laws, unmarried children, unmarried grandchildren, unmarried siblings|
|Minimum Group size||7 members|
Key highlights of ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy offers umbrella cover for groups starting from- Personal Accident and/or Critical Illness.
- It offers Lifetime renewal provided the insured person is still associated with the group.
- The plan comes with the flexibility to choose from Base and Optional covers.
- It also offers income protection, including the dependent family cover.
- The Lifestyle Protection Group Policy offers the widest range of covers starting from Accidental Death Benefit, Permanent Total Disability Benefit, Permanent Partial Disability Benefit, Temporary Total Disability Benefit, Multiple Optional benefits, Plans covering up to 36 Critical Illnesses and major medical procedures.
- Cancer-only coverages are also available under this policy.
Inclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
- Group Personal Accident insurance provides coverage in case of death and/or disability with a choice of optional covers, including disappearance, coma, broken bones, burns, support items, modification, rehabilitation, accidental medical expenses, hospital cash, ambulance, emergency, evacuation repatriation, child education, spouse benefit, convalescence, family transportation and counseling, second opinion, funeral expenses among others.
- Group Critical Illness covers 1 to 36 illnesses under 6 different plans with optional benefits like emergency road ambulance, survival period waiver, rehabilitation, repatriation, medical second opinion, child education, hospital cash convalescence, family counseling, and wellness benefit, among others.
Exclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
Under Personal Accident cover-
- Any Pre-existing Disease or Disability arising out of Pre-existing Diseases
- Death or disablement arising due to use, abuse of the drug, intoxicating substance
- Death or disablement resulting from pregnancy or a consequence thereof
- Death or disablement caused by ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel
Under Critical Illness cover-
- Any Illness, sickness, or disease other than those specified as Critical Illness in the Policy
- Any Critical Illness arising out of use, abuse of the drug, intoxicating substance
- Birth control procedures. Any treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy
- Any Critical Illness caused by ionizing radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel.
Who is the policyholder in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy?
The policy is issued in the name of the Company/ Employer /Affinity Group; therefore, the Company/Affinity Group is the policyholder. The Policy benefits are paid to the Employees/Group members who are insured under the policy.
What is the term of ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group policy?
The policy is issued for a duration of 1 year. And for credit-linked policy, the policy tenure term can be up to 5 years.
Are foreign nationals working in India covered under the group policy?
Yes, foreign nationals working in India and earning in Indian currency are covered under the ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group policy.
Is there a bonus for claim-free years in the policy?
No, ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group policy does not offer any cumulative bonus or no claim discount.
Is nomination compulsory in this policy?
Nomination is needed for the valid discharge of the claim. The policyholder is required to appoint a person to receive the policy benefit in case of his or her demise. However, you can change the nomination any time before the date of policy termination.
Does ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group policy cover illnesses?
The policy provides protection towards injuries due to personal accidents and listed critical illnesses along with a wide range of options for groups.
Are medical tests required under ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group policy?
Medical tests might be required subject to the underwriting assessment depending on the person's policy type, age, and health status to be covered in a group.
What will happen if I forget to renew the policy on time?
For renewal, a 30 days grace period from the policy expiry date is allowed, and the policy will be considered as continuous for the purpose of the waiting period.
For renewals post 30 days grace period, a new proposal form is required to be submitted, and the same will be treated as a fresh proposal.
Installment (less than annual) premium policies might be revived by mutual consent, and in such case, the revival premium should be paid within 15 days of the
installment due date.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India