Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
These days, health insurance has become inevitable for everyone. That’s why people are investing a chunk of money in purchasing health insurance policies from eminent insurers. Nowadays, the markets are thronged with a lot of options and thus, people get confused while purchasing health insurance policies for their healthcare needs. Arogya Sanjeevani was launched in April 2020 by IRDAI to simplify health insurance policies. Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani policy is the latest plan of Go Digit Health Insurance. The prime objective of this affordable policy is to offer basic healthcare cover to the policyholders and their family members.
Eligibility criteria for Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
|Minimum entry age||Proposer: 18 years
Dependent child: 3 months
Adult insured: 18 years
|Maximum entry age||Proposer: 65 years
Dependent Child: 25 ears
Adult insured: 65 days
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||Minimum: Rs.50,000 and maximum: Rs. 3 Crore|
|Policy term||1 year|
|No. of people covered||Proposer and any one or more family members (spouse/parents or parents-in-law/dependent children)|
Key highlights of Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
- This policy is available either on an individual sum insured basis or family floater basis
- This policy offers customized sum assured amount based on your requirements
- This policy covers pandemics like COVID-19. This means you don’t need a separate COVID policy
- This policy offers both cashless and reimbursement claim processes. You can avail of cashless treatment for more than 6400 hospitals in India.
- Under this policy, you will be eligible for a yearly cumulative bonus for claim-free years
- The premium amount is also affordable for this policy
- This policy comes with a minimal co-payment option. During a health insurance claim, you just need to pay 5% of the claim amount from your pocket.
- Digital friendly claim settlement process, no hard copies
Some special features of this policy
- The waiting period for the pre-existing disease is 48 months
- For the yearly payment mode, a fixed period of 30 days is allowed as a grace period and for other modes of payment, a fixed period of 15 days will be allowed as a grace period.
- The insured policy members are free to migrate from this Policy to an individual health insurance policy or a family floater policy offered by our company
Inclusions in Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
- ICU charges coverage: this policy covers ICU expenses up to Rs.10,000 per day
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, OT charges, medicines, oxygen, blood, etc.) if the insured policyholder needs to be hospitalized (Rs. 5000 per day)
- Ambulance coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage (Rs.2000 per hospitalization) if the policyholder needs any hospitalization due to COVID-19
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 30 days) and after your discharge (up to 60 days) from the hospital.
- Homecare treatment: This plan covers homecare treatment costs for up to 14 days if a patient is recommended by a medical practitioner. This policy covers charges including medicine, nursing costs, consultation charges, and many more.
- AYUSH treatment cover: these days, many people prefer alternative treatments. This policy covers those treatments if done in certified hospitals of Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and/or Homeopathy.
- Cataract treatment: This policy compensates for cataract surgeries. You can avail of coverage of up to ₹40,000 or 25% of the total sum insured, whichever is lower.
- Modern treatment methods: Modern treatments, including Balloon Sinuplasty, Immunotherapy, Stem Cell Therapy, etc. can be covered to up to 50% of your sum assured
Exclusions in Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Obesity or weight control related surgeries are not covered
- Change of gender treatments are not covered under this policy
- Cosmetic and plastic surgeries
- This policy doesn’t cover domiciliary care or OPD expenses
- Claims resulting from committing or attempting to commit a criminal act will not be covered
- Treatments due to substance abuse are not covered
- Sports injuries or adventurous activities are excluded
- Maternity related expenses are not part of this policy
- Sterility and fertility treatments are not covered
- Treatments without a doctor’s recommendation are not covered
Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy cancellation
You can cancel this policy any time by giving 15 days written notice. The company will refund the premiums on short term rates for the unexpired policy period.
Can I enhance the sum assured under Digital Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy?
You can enhance your sum assured only at the time of renewal or at any time, subject to underwriting by the insurer.
What is the difference between an Individual and Family Floater Aarogya Sanjeevani policy?
Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy comes with two options. You can either protect your family with a floater plan (the maximum sum assured is Rs. 2 Crore) or you can purchase an individual policy for each member (the sum assured range is between Rs.3 lakh to Rs 2 Crore).
What are the new age treatments covered under Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani policy?
Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy covers the following new age or modern treatments up to 50% of the total sum insured.
· Uterine Artery Embolization and High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound
· Balloon Sinuplasty
· Oral Chemotherapy
· Robotic Surgeries
· Bronchial Thermoplasty
· Intra vitreal injections
· Intra Operative NeuroMonitoring
· Immunotherapy-Monoclonal Antibody to be given as an injection
· Vaporization of the prostate
· Deep Brain Stimulation
Does Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani policy cover hospitalization expenses related to coronavirus disease?
Yes, Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy covers hospitalization expenses arising due to the COVID-19.
Do I need to undergo any medical test for Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani policy?
Based on your proposal form, the insurer will advise if any medical tests are required. The insurer will bear the costs of pre-policy medical check-ups.
Can I extend my coverage apart from what is covered under Digit Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy?
This policy comes with standard benefits under one plan. Thus, you can’t opt for any other add-ons or benefits.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India