Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
Though motherhood gives a lot of challenges, still, it offers the most exhilarating experiences to mothers as they are going to introduce a new life to the world. Care Joy Health Insurance policy is a meticulously designed maternity insurance coverage for expecting mothers and newborn babies. This health insurance plan comes up with many intriguing features for mothers and their babies. This insurance plan bears all maternity-related expenditures irrespective of normal delivery or cesarean. Care Joy Health insurance plan offers a sum assured of Rs. 3 – 5 lakh. This plan is available on an individual or a floater basis.
Eligibility criteria for Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||Child: 1 day |
Adult: 18 years
Newborn: 1 day
|Maximum entry age||Adult: 65 years |
Child: 24 years
Newborn: 90 days
|Cover type||Individual/family floater|
|Sum assured options||3 lakh, 5 lakh|
|Policy term||3 years|
|Premium payment||Quarterly, half-yearly, and annually|
|No. of people covered||2 (mother and child)|
Key Highlights of Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
- This plan has two variants (Joy Today and Joy Tomorrow).
- This plan offers long-term policy tenure of 3 years.
- This plan offers maternity coverage up to Rs.50, 000. But maternity coverage is available only up to 45 years.
- For maternity-related insurance claims, the waiting period is 9 months.
- Under this health insurance plan, the newborn baby is also covered for up to the first 90 days. After 90 days, your baby will be covered under the regular policy by paying of additional premium.
- This plan offers you to enjoy the cashless treatment as the company is partnered with more than 16500+ hospitals.
- If you choose a multi-year policy, then you will be eligible for a 10% discount on your premiums.
- With no claim bonus, 100% increase in the sum assured amount (if you don’t make a claim within the policy tenure period of 3 years).
- You are eligible for tax benefit on the premiums under 80 D of Income Tax Act 1961.
- This policy offers lifelong renewability.
Some special features of this plan
- This policy gives you a facility to choose a single private room with AC under its coverage plan
- The waiting period is 4 years of pre-existing illnesses and 2 years of specific illnesses
- This plan comes with a co-payment option. This means if you enroll on this plan at the age of 61 years or above, you need to pay 20% of the premium amount. The rest payment is taken care of by the insurance company.
- This plan comes with pre-policy medical tests. This means you need to undergo some medical tests before opting for this policy.
Inclusions in Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, ICU charges, OT charges, oxygen, blood, etc.) if the admission for injury/illness in a hospital exceeds 24 consecutive hours.
- Ambulance coverage: This plan allows all the expenses for ambulance coverage (Rs.1000 per hospitalization) if the policyholder needs any hospitalization in case of a health emergency
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization ( up to 30 days) and after your discharge (up to 60days) from the hospital.
- Daycare procedures: This plan covers 170 daycare treatment methods like cataracts and many more
- Advanced technology treatment cover: This plan covers advanced treatment methods like Cataract, Sinusitis, Piles, etc.
- Newborn baby defects coverage: If your newborn is diagnosed with down syndrome or cerebral palsy, then this policy offers a lump sum amount.
Exclusions in Care Joy Health Insurance Policy
- Pre-existing diseases (waiting period 2 years)
- Any diseases contracted within 30 days of the policy
- Non-allopathic treatment
- The routine eye check-ups, and dental treatment
- External congenital disease
- Drug addiction or alcoholism
- Self-inflicted injuries from suicide or any suicidal attempt
- Medical expenses for the treatment of STD
- In-vitro fertilization treatment and infertility treatment
Care Joy Health Insurance Policy cancellation
Policyholders are eligible to cancel their policies within a 15-days free look period. The insurance company will refund the amount minus the proportionate risk premium for the period on cover, medical examination expenses, and stamp duty charges.
Can I purchase Care Joy health policy after getting pregnant?
Yes, you can purchase this policy plan when you are ready to welcome your baby. But you will enjoy the benefits of the policy if the delivery happens after the waiting period. Thus, it is recommended to purchase this policy plan as soon as possible.
Is pregnancy termination covered under Care Joy Health insurance policy?
Self-termination pregnancy is not covered under the Care Joy Health insurance policy.
Is 2nd childbirth covered under Care Joy Health Insurance policy?
If the sum assured amount is not surpassed, then 2nd childbirth is also covered under Care Joy Health insurance policy.
Is pregnancy considered a pre-existing health condition for Care Joy Health insurance policy?
If you are pregnant before purchasing the policy and delivery happens after the waiting period, then you are eligible to enjoy all the benefits of the plan.
How to purchase a Care Joy Health insurance policy?
You can easily purchase Care Joy Health insurance policy with a few clicks.
· Visit the official website of Care Insurance
· Now, click “get a free quote”
· Select either “Joy Today” or “Joy Tomorrow” plan
· Enter all the details including, contact number, policy tenure period, total member, etc.
· Now, select the sum assured
· Pay the premium amount and secure yourself with this plan
· You will receive the receipt along with policy documents, policy number, and e-card to your registered email id.
Why is it imperative to purchase a Care Joy Health insurance plan?
The average cost of maternity delivery is Rs.50, 000-Rs.80, 000 in popular cities. The cost of the C-section delivery is Rs.1.2 lakh. If you purchase Care Joy Health insurance, then it will certainly lessen your financial burden during the time of delivery.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India