Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
The threat of the COVID-19 pandemic is still hovering, getting secured is the topmost priority during this time. To cope with this scenario, many eminent health insurance companies are coming up with health insurance plans that offer financial support upon COVID-19 diagnosis. Digit Corona Rakshak policy is among these specialized plans that give you the utmost protection and safeguard your financial condition against this deadly pandemic. This single premium health insurance plan will help you to receive 100% sum assured in a lump sum if you have tested positive and need hospitalization for more than 72 hrs.
Eligibility criteria for Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
|Minimum entry age||Proposer: 18 years|
|Maximum entry age||Proposer: 65 years|
|Sum assured options||Minimum: Rs. 50,000 and maximum: Rs. 2.5 lakh|
|Policy term||3.5/6.5/9.5 months|
|No. of people covered||Proposer|
Key highlights of Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
- This policy plan is specific to individuals, no family floater plans are available under this policy
- This short-term policy offers you a lump sum amount (100% of the sum assured) if you need hospitalization and treatment for the COVID-19 for more than 72 hours
- No deducible under this policy
- This policy doesn’t encourage migration and portability
- The sum assured amount is between Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2.5 lakh
- The waiting period for this policy is of 15-days only, i.e. you can claim and enjoy the benefits under this policy after 15 days of its purchase
- The premium amount is also affordable for this policy and you are eligible for tax exemption under section 80 D towards your paid premiums
- Pre-medical screening is not required to purchase this policy
Some special features of this policy
- If you are covered with a corporate health insurance plan and are looking for only COVID-19 specific coverage to enhance your protection, then this policy could be the best choice for you.
- The validity of this policy is between 3.5 months-9.5 months and expires once you have initiated one claim
- This policy covers only COVID-19 related treatment and thus, benefits are limited as compared to normal health insurance policies
- The sum assured amount is also limited (maximum Rs. 2. 5 lakh)
Inclusions in Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
- ICU coverage: Some corona patients need to shift to the ICU for their treatment. This policy offers a lump sum amount that can cover all your expenses including the charges of ICU.
- In-hospitalization: This policy plan offers hospitalization expenses (nursing expenses, doctors’ fees, room rent, OT charges, medicines, oxygen, blood, etc.) if a corona positive patient needs to stay in hospital for more than 72 hours
- Ambulance coverage: This plan pays you a lump sum amount that covers the charges of the ambulance while taking the hospital to the insured policyholder
- Pre and Post hospitalization: This plan covers all medical expenses before the hospitalization (up to 15 days) and after your discharge (up to 30 days) from the hospital.
- Homecare treatment: This plan offers you a lump sum amount that can cover homecare treatment costs for up to 14 days if a patient is recommended by a medical practitioner. You can utilize this amount for miscellaneous charges including medicine, nursing costs, consultation charges, and cost of pulse Oximeter, Oxygen cylinder, and nebulizer
- AYUSH treatment cover: This plan covers all treatment procedures for a COVID-19 positive patient in any government authorized AYUSH hospital
Exclusions in Digit Corona Rakshak Policy
- Any hospitalization below 72 hours is not covered under this policy
- This policy is not applicable for outside India treatment
- COVID-19 claims for diagnosis made before the start of the policy will not be covered
- If your testing is not performed in an authorized government testing center, then it will not be covered under this policy
- OPD and daycare procedures are not covered under this policy
- Any treatment or medicine that is not related to COVID-19 will not be covered by this policy
- Rest Cure, rehabilitation and respite care are not covered by this policy
Digit Corona Rakshak Policy cancellation
You can cancel this policy any time by giving 7 days written notice. There would be no refund of premium on cancellation on grounds of misrepresentation, non-disclosure of material facts or fraud.
What do you mean by lump sum benefit in Digit Corona Rakshak Policy?
Instead of reimbursing your healthcare bills or opting for cashless treatment, this policy offers you a lump sum amount when you make a claim. You can utilize this amount towards your hospital bills and other healthcare expenditures.
Can I buy a family plan in Digita Corona Rakshak policy?
No, because this policy comes with only individual plans. But, you can purchase an individual Corona Rakshak plan for each eligible member of your family.
Can someone who has already been infected with the coronavirus purchase the Digit Corona Rakshak policy?
This policy is not applicable to someone who has been already infected with the coronavirus. Because there is a waiting period of 15-days from the start of the policy, you can’t make any claim during this period.
What are the differences between Digit Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshal policies?
· Corona Kavach policy reimburses your hospital bills if you need hospitalization for COVID-19 treatment. On the other hand, Corona Rakshak policy offers you a lump sum amount that you can utilize to cover your COVId-19 related expenses.
· For Corona Kavach, the sum assured amount is Rs. 50,000 - Rs.5 lakh. But Corona Rakshak policy offers you a sum assured amount of Rs.50,000 - Rs. 2.5 lakh.
· You can claim through your Corona Kavach cover if you need hospitalization for more than 24-hours. You can claim through Corona Rakshak policy if you need to stay in the hospital for more than 72 hours.
· Corona Kavach comes in both individuals as well as floater plans. But Corona Rakshak policy doesn’t offer any floater plan.
· Corona Kavach policy offers you a daily cash allowance (0.5% of your sum assured). But there is no additional benefit with the Corona Rakshak policy.
If I already have health insurance covering coronavirus, should I still purchase the Digit Corona Rakshak Policy?
If you feel your present health insurance is not adequate, then you can purchase a Corona Rakshak policy. So, decide after analyzing your current health insurance policy.