ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance plan is a standard policy that allows policyholders to get more benefits. The plan is available for individuals to secure their basic health requirements. Moreover, it even offers a family floater option for a policyholder to add more members with ease. Anyone who is between 18-65 years can purchase this plan to ensure more protection from various problems. The plan offers sum insured options from Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs in multiples of 50,000. It is available for one year with lifelong renewability.
Some of the benefits covered by the plan include daycare treatments, AYUSH treatments, cataract treatments, COVID-19 hospitalization, pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, minimum co-payment, etc.
Eligibility criteria for ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan
|Minimum entry age||18 years for an individual health plan and 3 months to 5 years for children under the family floater plan|
|Maximum entry age||65 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs.1 lakh to Rs.5 lakhs in multiples of 50,000|
|Policy term||1 year|
|Premium payment||Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly|
Key highlights of ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan
- No pre-medical check-ups for below 45 years old
- The policy has a minimum co-payment of 5%
- 5 % cumulative bonus for each claim-free policy year and a maximum of 50% of the sum assured
- Family floater option is available for policyholders to include spouses, dependent children, parents, and others
- Coverage for dental treatment and plastic surgery that arise due to injuries
- Modern treatment expenses
- Tax deductions up to Rs 25,000 under section 80D
- Emergency ambulance charges up to Rs.2000
- Cashless hospitalization in listed hospitals
- Online purchase options with high discounts
- Lifelong renewability with no restrictions on the maximum age
- Coverage for COVID-19 hospitalization
- Pre-existing diseases with 4 years waiting period
- Coverage for specific illnesses such as joint replacement, benign prostate hypertrophy, and tonsillectomy with a waiting period of 2 years
- Freelook period of 15 days
Inclusions in ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan
- In-patient hospitalization: The policy offers coverage for in-patient hospitalization expenses such as room rent, nursing, doctor’s fees, surgeon’s fees, ICCU charges, surgeon’s fees, operation theatre charges, anesthesia, blood, oxygen, etc.
- Covid-19 hospitalization: ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance plan offers coverage for covid-19 hospitalization
- Pre and post-hospitalization: Pre and post-hospitalization with 30 days and 60 days waiting period
- In-patient AYUSH treatment: Coverage for alternative treatments such as Siddha, Unani, and Ayurveda undergone in a government hospital
- Daycare procedures: The policy offers coverage for daycare expenses that require hospitalization less than 24 hours
- Cataract treatments: Expenses for cataract treatments up to 25 % of the sum assured or Rs. 40,000 whichever is lower
- Dental treatment and plastic surgery: The plan offers coverage for dental treatment and plastic surgery that arises due to an injury
Exclusions in ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan
- The plan doesn’t cover any OPD expenses
- Expenses for dietary supplements and substances that are not prescribed
- Costs incurred due to drug and alcohol abuse
- Expenses related to the treatment of any illness within 30 days from the first policy commencement date
- Coverage for domiciliary hospitalization expenses
- Treatments outside India
- Pre-existing diseases
- Obesity and weight control expenses
- Change of gender treatments
- General cosmetic or plastic surgery
- Hazardous or adventure sports
- Expenses related to the treatment for correction of eyesight
- Unproven treatments
- Maternity expenses
- Sterility and infertility
- Expenses incurred at spas and nature care clinics
- Diagnostic or investigative tests
- Specific illnesses
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care
- Investigation and evaluation
- Breach of law
ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance plan cancellation
A policyholder can cancel the policy by giving 15 days written notice and the insurer will refund the premium for the unexpired policy period.
Why should one buy ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan?
ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan is a standard health plan that satisfies the basic health requirements of individuals with various features. Some of them include Covid-19 hospitalization, pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization, in-patient AYUSH treatments, cashless hospitalization, daycare procedures, etc.
Does the policy offer coverage for dental treatments and plastic surgery?
Yes. The policy offers coverage for dental treatments and plastic surgery that arise due to an illness or accident.
What are the sum insured options available for the policyholders?
The policy offers sum insured options from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakhs with multiples of 50,000.
Is it possible to get coverage for Covid-19 while buying this policy?
ICICI Lombard’s Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan offers coverage for Covid-19 while buying the policy.
Where to buy the policy at the best prices?
Customers can buy the policy online at the best prices that will help save more money.
Is there any sub-limit under ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan?
Yes. The policy has the following sub-limits.
Up to 2% sum assured amount to a maximum of Rs. 5000 per day for room rent, boarding, and nursing expenses
Up to 5% sum assured amount to a maximum of Rs. 10000 per day for ICU and ICCU unit charges
Up to 25 % of sum assured or Rs. 40000 for cataract treatments whichever is lower
Up to 50% of the sum assured limit for modern treatments and technology advancements
What is the waiting period for ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan?
30 days for pre-hospitalization, 60 days for post-hospitalization, 2 years for specific illnesses, and 4 years for pre-existing illnesses.
Does the policy offer cashless claims for policyholders?
Yes. The policy offers cashless claims for policyholders in listed hospitals and the company will pay the amounts directly to a hospital.
What is the duration of the plan?
The duration of the plan is 1 year and a policyholder has lifelong renewability with no maximum age restrictions.
What is the grace period of the ICICI Lombard Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance plan?
The policy has a grace period of 30 days when a policyholder forgets to renew his/her plan.
Can policyholders get coverage for modern treatment and advanced technologies?
Yes. The policyholders can get coverage for modern treatment and advanced technologies.