Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
Star Health and Allied Insurance Company Limited commenced its operation in 2006 and established itself as the market leader in the health insurance sector by fulfilling the varied needs of people. It is a standalone company in the market offering an array of affordable health insurance policies covering hospitalization charges, daycare procedures, ambulance charges, domiciliary hospitalization, pre and post-hospitalization, and more.
The company boasts of a huge network of over 1100 hospitals, more than 3 lakh agents, and has served more than 17 crores customers with a record of settling 90% settling claims in less than 2 hours.
Facts about Star Health Insurance
|Incurred Claim Ratio||65.91% (F.Y. 19-20)|
Why opt for Star Health Insurance?
- Star Health Insurance offers comprehensive financial coverage against several healthcare expenses related to medical emergencies, illnesses, and accidents.
- The representatives at Star Health Insurance are available 24X7 to assist you with all queries.
- The leading insurer has tie-ups with over 9,900 network hospitals enabling you with hassle-free cashless treatment.
- Star Health Insurance plans are backed with several add-on benefits like hospital cash, patient care, etc., offering you extensive coverage.
- Star Health Insurance offers a wide range of plans carefully designed for individuals, families, and corporations. It also features special plans for diabetic, cardiac patients, and senior citizens.
- Star Health Insurance company offers faster claim settlement within 2 hours through their in-house claim settlement teams.
- Free medical consultation is available over a 24X7 toll-free helpline.
- The insurer provides free storage to store medical records for future needs.
Star Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance offers an array of health insurance plans catering to different necessities of individuals, families, and corporations. Below is the list:
- Star Young Star Health Insurance Plan
- Star Medi Classic Health Insurance Plan
- Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy
- Star Family Health Optima
- Star Senior Citizens – Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
Star Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Star Health Insurance Cashless Claim settlement process
Star Health Insurance is known for its hassle-free claim settlement process, ensuring timely processing of the claims. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Reach a network hospital and visit the insurance desk. Inform Star Health Insurance by calling on their respective customer care number or emailing them.
- Step 2: Show your Star Health ID card for identification and submit the required documents related to pre-admission investigations and consultations
- Step 3: The doctors at the insurance company will verify the submitted documents, and an insurer’s representative might visit the hospital.
- Step 4: After the patient gets discharged, the network hospital sends the claim documents to Star Health Insurance company, and the claim gets directly settled between the insurer and hospital.
Star Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim process
Below are the steps to avail reimbursement claim under Star Health Insurance plans:
- Step 1: To avail of the reimbursement claim, you need to get hospitalized in any hospital.
- Step 2: After getting treated and settling the bills at the hospital, you need to initiate the reimbursement claim with the insurer for the incurred medical expenses. Moreover, you need to make sure to collect all the bills from the hospital.
- Step 3: Fill the reimbursement claim form to initiate the claim process. Submit the form along with all required documents on their portal or at their nearest office.
- Step 4: After completing all formalities, your claim will be settled by Star Health Insurance as per the terms and conditions of the policy. However, you need to remember that you are required to pay the non-payable expenses.
Documents required for Star Health Claim Reimbursement process
The documents required for the reimbursement claim settlement process at Star Health Insurance:
- Copy of Star Health ID card
- Duly filled claim form
- Original discharge summary received from the hospital
- Pre-admission investigation and doctor’s consultation papers
- Medical reports (X-ray, blood tests, scans, etc.)
- Invoices, receipts from the chemist as well as hospital
- In case of an accident – FIR and/or Medico-Legal Certificate
- A copy of the KYC documents
- NEFT details, Email ID, and contact number
Star Health Insurance Renewal Process
Based on the chosen policy term, Star Health Insurance plans can be renewed after every 1, 2, or 3 years. The insurer provides a grace period of 30 days, within which you can pay a premium to renew and keep the policy active. Below are the steps for Star Health Insurance:
- Step 1: Visit Star Health Insurance’s official website and open the ‘Renewal’ page.
- Step 2: Enter the policy details – policy number and date of birth.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Renew Now’ tab, you will get the policy details and premium payable for policy renewal.
- Step 4: Make the payment online through the available payment options.
Further, your policy will be renewed, and you can enjoy the benefits under your Star Health Insurance plan.
Do Star Health Insurance plans cover treatment of pre-existing ailments?
Usually, health insurance plans exclude the treatment for pre-existing illnesses. However, Star Health Insurance covers any such pre-existing disease treatment only after 48 month waiting period. Therefore, if the policyholder keeps the policy active and crosses the waiting period, then he or she can get coverage for the treatments of pre-existing diseases.
Is a medical check-up needed to purchase a Star Health Insurance Policy?
Yes, a medical check-up is required to purchase Star Health Insurance plans. But it is applicable only for people above 50 years.
What is a health card?
Upon buying a health insurance plan, the policyholder receives a health card which acts like an identity card allowing one to seek cashless hospitalization at any network hospital at the time of medical emergency. The health card comprises the contact details of the TPA. The insured members are required to show the card during admission at the hospital to avail the cashless benefits of the policy.
How many claims can I make in a year?
You can make as many claims as required in a year; however, the claims should not exceed the sum assured limit.
What is the Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) and Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of Star Health Insurance?
Star Health Insurance features a Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of 90% and Incurred Claims Ratio (ICR) of 65.91% (Financial Year 2019-20).
What are the documents required to purchase a Star health insurance plan?
The documents required to buy a Star Health insurance plan include a duly filled policy form and original copies of - Identity Proof, Age Proof, Income proof, Address proof, and medical reports.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India