United India Insurance Company
United India Insurance Company
United India Insurance Company is counted amongst the preferred insurance providers in India, having global recognition and footprint. Established in 1938 as an organization, it nationalized itself as a General Insurance Business in 1972. The insurer offers a wide variety of innovative insurance products such as individual plans, family floater plans, critical illness plans, senior citizen plans, top-up plans, and group health insurance plans to meet different customer segments’ healthcare needs. Over the years, the United India Insurance Company has been known for exceptional products and customer service.
Facts about United India Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||104.24%|
Why opt for United India Insurance Company?
- United India Health Insurance offers an online renewal of the policies in a few minutes. The policyholders are just required to enter their policy number to proceed and renew their health insurance plan by making payment using a secured payment gateway. This makes the renewal process easy and seamless for the policyholders.
- United India Insurance Company offers a digital chat box to assist policyholders with all kinds of insurance-related queries, including policy assistance, claim assistance, and KYC update. This feature allows the policyholders to seek policy solutions from the insurer anytime, without any hassle, and build trust among them.
- United India Insurance Company has won several awards and recognition for its unparalleled services and products, due to which it is looked at as a trusted insurance brand. It has won several prestigious awards, namely Indian Insurance Awards, The Most Ethical Company Award, Best Health Insurance Provider Award, Dalal Street Insurance Journal Award, and many more.
United India Health Insurance Plans
United India Health Insurance offers a host of health insurance plans to fulfill different necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Revised Family Medicare Policy
- Revised Individual Health Insurance policy
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Corona Kavach Policy
- Super top-up Policy
- UNI Criticare Policy
United India Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps for a cashless claim process with United India Insurance Company:
- Step 1: Intimate United India Insurance Company or Third Party Administrator (TPA) about the hospitalization at any network hospital at least 72 hours before the hospitalization, in case of planned hospitalization, and within 24 hours of admission, in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show the health insurance ID card issued by the insurer or TPA at the helpdesk of the network hospital. Get the cashless request form available with the network hospital and submit the duly filled form to the TPA for authorization.
- Step 3: Upon receiving the form and documents, the TPA or the insurance provider will verify the details in the form and related medical information from the hospital or the policyholder and shall a pre-authorization letter to the hospital.
- Step 4: If the TPA or claim settlement team of the insurer needs any other related information, they might ask for some other documents. They can even reject the claim request if they find the details or the documents insufficient or false.
- Step 5: At the time of discharge, the insured is needed to sign the discharge papers and pay for non-medical and inadmissible expenses. The network hospital will then send the final request to the TPA or insurer with the complete hospital bill. After receiving the same, the insurer will settle the claim amount directly with the hospital after considering any co-payment, inadmissible expense, or other deduction.
United India Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a reimbursement claim with United India Insurance Company:
- Step 1: Intimate the insurer about hospitalization. In case of planned hospitalization, the insurer should be informed at least 72 hours prior to getting admitted, and in case of emergency hospitalization, the insurer needs to be informed within 24 hours.
- Step 2: Avail required medical treatment at a non-network hospital and settle the hospital bills. The insured is required to collect all relevant documents, reports, and bills related to the treatment and submit them to the insurer or TPA for the reimbursement claim.
- Step 3: Submit a fully filled and duly signed claim request form along with the necessary documents to the United India Insurance Company.
- Step 4: The TPA or United India Insurance Company claim settlement team will verify the claim form and medical documents and reports submitted. If they find them inadequate, they can ask for more related information or documents or reject the requests.
- Step 5: If all the documents and details submitted are appropriate and relevant, then the TPA or the insurance provider will approve the claim request and reimburse the admissible claim amount after making relevant deductions, co-payments, etc.
Documents required for Reimbursement Claim with United India Health Insurance
- Duly filled claim form
- Medical test reports, certificates of nature of operation performed, etc.
- Bills and payment receipts, and discharge summary certificate signed by the doctor
- Cash-memo from the diagnostic center, pharmacies, etc.,
- Payment receipts from doctors, surgeons, and so on.
- Any other relevant document required by the company or TPA
- First investigation report or post mortem report, if needed.
United India Health Insurance Policy Renewal Process
By renewing policies under United India Health Insurance on time, the policyholders can continue to avail the benefits from the health insurance policy. United India Insurance offers an easy and hassle-free policy renewal process. Below are the steps to renew health insurance policy under the United India health insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of United India Insurance Company, i.e., www.uiic.co.in
- Step 2: Go to the Product tab and select the ‘Health’ section and then click on the ‘Renew’ tab
- Step 3: Enter the Policy Number of 20 digits and click on proceed button
- Step 4: Review the details of health insurance plans and renewal premium amount
- Step 5: Pay the health insurance policy renewal premium amount online via the insurer’s payment gateway.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India