TATA AIG General Insurance Company
TATA AIG General Insurance Company
TATA AIG General Insurance Company has been present in the insurance sector for nearly 2 decades. It is a joint venture between the TATA Group and the American International Group (AIG) and is a household name for all kinds of insurance needs. The company commenced its operation in the year 2001 and is known for its wide variety of insurance products and exceptional services over the years.
TATA AIG General Insurance offers a range of health insurance products starting from individuals, families to women, senior citizens to specific plans for specific diseases and critical illnesses. The insurer has more than 3,000 hospitals in its network, which enables the policyholders with cashless treatment.
Facts about TATA AIG General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||66.61%|
Why opt for TATA AIG General Insurance Company?
- TATA AIG has tie-ups with over 7,200 hospitals in its network where the insured can avail cashless treatment without any hassle while availing best treatment.
- TATA AIG General Insurance comes with an experience of nearly 2 decades now. With its excellent service and products, the insurance company has proven itself as a trustworthy partner while winning the trust of millions of customers.
- The leading insurer boasts an excellent claim settlement ratio of 96.43% in FY19-20, making it a reputed insurance provider.
- The insurer offers paperless policy issuance wherein it sends a soft copy to the policyholder as soon as the health insurance policy is issued. The health insurance claim process can get started by showing the digital copy of the policy at the hospital.
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company comes with the 150-year legacy and trust of TATA, ensuring policyholders are in safe hands.
- The insurer offers 24×7 customer assistance, ensuring round-the-clock support to its customers.
TATA AIG General Insurance Company Health Insurance Plans
TATA AIG General Insurance Company offers a host of health insurance plans, catering to the different requirements of its customers. Below is the list:
- TATA AIG Medicare Health Insurance Plan
- TATA AIG Critical Illness Health Insurance Policy
- TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman Health Insurance Plan
TATA AIG Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The health insurance claim process is a procedure wherein the policyholder can raise a request for a claim against the medical expenses incurred. TATA AIG Health insurance claims can be processed in two ways – cashless claims and reimbursement claims.
TATA AIG Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a cashless claim request with TATA AIG Health Insurance:
- Step 1: Inform TATA AIG General Insurance company about the hospitalization at least 48 hours before getting hospitalized in case of planned hospitalization and within 24 hours of admission in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Submit the pre-authorization request along with the complete details of the disease and treatment and necessary certification from the hospital or doctor.
- Step 3: The hospital authority will share the document with the insurer and will be verified by the claim settlement team of the insurer.
- Step 4: The documents and details will be verified and based on the verification process, the claim will be accepted or rejected. The claim settlement team can ask for more information during the verification process.
- Step 5: If the claim request gets approved, the insurer will issue the pre-authorization to the network hospital for a cashless mode and settle the claim directly with the hospital.
TATA AIG Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a health insurance reimbursement claim request with TATA AIG Health Insurance:
- Step 1: Get the medical treatment at a non-network hospital and settle the hospital bills and other expenses. Collect all the bills, receipts, reports, and other relevant documents with the treatment.
- Step 2: Share all the necessary documents listed in the policy documents to the insurer after getting discharged from the hospital.
- Step 3: The insurer will verify the documents submitted and might even ask for more information or documents if required.
- Step 4: If the insurer finds all the documents valid and accurate, the insurer will accept the claim request and reimburse the admissible amount of the claim after the relevant deductions.
Documents required for TATA AIG Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Process
The documents required for the reimbursement claim under the TATA AIG Health Insurance policy includes:
- Duly filled claim form
- Original bills, receipt, and discharge certificate from the hospital
- Original cash memos from hospitals or chemists with proper prescriptions
- The original receipt and pathological test reports with proper prescriptions
- Attending doctor’s or specialist’s original bill and receipt with diagnosis report
TATA AIG Health Insurance Renewal Process
The renewal process allows the policyholder to continue avail of the benefits of the plan under TATA AIG Health Insurance. The renewal process also allows the insured persons to change or modify the health insurance plans, such as a change in sum insured, opt for add-ons, and many more. One can call TATA AIG General Insurance to renew the health insurance plan.
Below are the to renew TATA AIG Health Insurance Policy:
- Enter the Policy Number, Expiry Date, and Client ID into Renew Online Portal
- Calculate the premium
- Select the premium payment option-Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card or UPI. Alternatively, the premium can also be paid via cash/cheque at any nearest branch.
- Save/print the premium deposit receipt.
What is the process to check TATA AIG Health Insurance policy status?
Registered users can log in to the insurer portal using their username and password to check the policy status.
How can I cancel TATA AIG Health Insurance?
You can submit your policy with a surrender form at the nearest branch of TATA AIA General Insurance. The refund will be directly credited into your account, and the policy will be canceled on the successful completion of the documentation.
Can I track or submit the claim online?
Yes, you can track or submit your claim online by providing the claim registration number and policy number.
How much time does it take for claim settlement in case of reimbursement under TATA AIG health insurance?
If all the documents are correctly submitted, and due procedure is followed, the insurer settles the claim within 30 days.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India