Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
Royal Sundaram General Insurance is India’s first private sector general insurance company. Earlier known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited, the company provides innovative and customized general insurance products in different categories that include health, travel, motor, and personal accident along with specialized insurance products such as marine, fire, liability, amongst others.
The company boasts of over 4.5 million customer base, 2,000 employees in 150 branches across the country. The leading insurer is the first to introduce the cashless claim concept under health insurance plans. Moreover, the health insurance plans by Royal Sundaram General Insurance are affordable and cover individuals as well as families against medical expenses.
Facts about Royal Sundaram Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||63.55%|
Why opt for Royal Sundaram Insurance Company?
- The health insurance plans offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance are carefully designed to offer comprehensive coverage to individuals and families against medical expenses at affordable health insurance premiums.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance has a vast network of more than 5,000 hospitals where insured people can avail cashless treatment without paying anything from their pocket.
- The insurer has an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of 81.50% for 2019-2020, making it a credible insurer partner to rely on.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance has earned ISO certification for its exceptional claim settlement process. The insurer provides an easy and hassle-free claim settlement process to keep its customers stress-free.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance has about 20 years of experience in the insurance sector, due to which it offers reliable insurance solutions to the customers.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company offers a range of health insurance plans, catering to the different requirements of its customers. Below is the list:
- Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance Policy
- Royal Sundaram Family Plus Health Insurance Policy:
- Royal Sundaram Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is known to provide a seamless claim settlement process without taking much time. There are two ways to make claims under Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company – cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to make a cashless claim under your Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan:
- Step 1: Get hospitalized at a network hospital and show Royal Sundaram health card along with a valid photo ID at the hospital. Inform Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company at least 48 hours before admission in case of planned hospitalization and within 48 hours of hospitalization if it is an emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Fill the pre-authorization form and submit it to the insurer along with relevant details and documents, including the patient’s name, hospital details, date of hospitalization, expected discharge date, etc.
- Step 3: The insurer will verify the documents before processing the claim.
- Step 4: If all the documents and details are found to be valid and in accordance with the terms and conditions of your health insurance policy, then the insurer will directly settle the claim with the hospital.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to make a reimbursement claim under the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plan:
- Step 1: Get hospitalized at a non-network hospital and avail of the necessary treatment. Inform the insurer at least 48 hours prior in case of planned hospitalization and within 48 hours of hospitalization in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Pay the bills incurred for the treatment at the hospital
- Step 3: Collect all the relevant documents from the hospital related to the treatment.
- Step 4: If all the documents and details are approved, then the insurer will reimburse the amount spent on the treatment except for consumable and non-medical expenses.
Documents required for Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement
The documents required for the reimbursement claim under the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy includes:
- Duly filled claim form with doctor’s signature
- Medical bills
- Test reports (x-ray, CT scan, etc.)
- Final receipts of advanced tests
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Renewal Process
Renewing Royal Sundaram Health Insurance plans allows the policyholder to enjoy benefits like No Claim Bonus (NCB) or waiting period benefits. Below are the steps to renew the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance and click on the ‘Insta Renew’ button.
- Step 2: Enter the Policy Number, Expiry Date and click on the ‘Submit button.
- Step 3: View the policy details and premium.
- Step 4: Pay the premium for the Royal Sundaram Health Insurance policy online.
What are the documents required at the time of hospitalization intimation at Royal Sundaram General Insurance?
The documents required to intimate the Royal Sundaram General Insurance are:
Insured person's name
Name, address, and contact details of the hospital
Name and contact number of the treating doctor
Expected date of discharge
Date of hospitalisation
How can I check Royal Sundaram's health insurance policy status?
Registered users can simply log into the official website of Royal Sundaram with their email id and password and check the policy status.
What is the cancellation process for the Royal Sundaram health insurance policy?
To cancel the Royal Sundaram health insurance policy, one can visit the nearest branch with the health insurance policy documents and submit them at the service counter. After the process gets completed, the refund will be directly debited to the insured's bank account.
What are the various modes of payment available to pay Royal Sundaram health insurance premium?
Royal Sundaram General Insurance company offers two modes of payment for the health insurance premium,
1. Cash payment at the branch
2. Online payment via credit card, debit card, UPI, or net banking.
What is the waiting period for pre-existing illness under Royal Sundaram individual plans?
The waiting period for pre-existing illnesses and diseases under Royal Sundaram individual plans ranges between 2 to 4 years, depending on the chosen policy variant.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India