Navi General Insurance Company
Navi General Insurance Company
Formerly known as DHFL General Insurance, Navi General Insurance is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navi Technologies. The company commenced its operation in November 2017 and caters to different insurance requirements of customers by offering a range of insurance products such as health, motor, property, gadget, and commercial insurance solutions at affordable premiums. It is promoted by Sachin Bansal, the Co-Founder of Flipkart, and aims at offering simpler insurance solutions for all while making them more accessible and affordable.
Navi General Insurance offers health cover of up to Rs 1 Crore through a completely paperless process. In addition, it offers more than 20 benefits through its health insurance plans which includes cashless hospitalization, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization, hospitalization at home cover, daycare treatment, in-patient hospitalization, COVID-19 cover, vector-borne disease cover, no co-payment, no room rent capping, optional critical illness cover, optional maternity cover, etc. The company also works with a vision to use technology to design and offer its insurance solutions to meet the requirements of the new-age customers.
Facts about Navi General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||34.69%|
Navi General Insurance Health Insurance Plans
Navi General Insurance offers a range of health insurance plans to fulfill varied necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Navi Cure Policy
- Navi Coco Seasonal Byte Policy
- Navi Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Navi Corona Kavach Policy
- Navi Corona Rakshak Policy
Why opt for Navi General Insurance Company?
- Navi General Insurance features an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio of 86.98% for FY 2019-20, which shows that the company is a reliable insurance partner and handles the claims of the insured individuals well.
- Navi General insurance boasts of a vast network of over 10,000 hospitals across India where the policyholders can easily avail of cashless treatments.
- Navi General Insurance has a diligent customer support team to assist customers with all kinds of queries or grievances so that they can understand, and enjoy insurance in a better way.
- Navi General Insurance provides a smooth and hassle-free experience in terms of claim settlement process to the policyholders while ensuring cashless claim approval in 20 minutes and reimbursement claim approval within 4 hours.
- With the NaviHealth App, the customers can buy health insurance in 90 seconds, ensuring instance policy generation and hassle-free paperless process. Also, no medical check-up is required to purchase health insurance plans from Navi General Insurance.
Navi General Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Navi General Insurance ensures a seamless and transparent claim settlement process. Under the Navi health insurance plans, there are two types of claims that can be made – cashless claims and reimbursement claims. To make cashless claims, the insured needs to undergo treatment only at a network hospital, whereas in case of reimbursement claims, the insured can seek treatment at a non-network hospital.
Navi Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Follow the simple steps below to make a cashless claim under Navi General Insurance plans:
- Step 1: Get admitted to a network hospital and inform the TPA or Third Party Administrator regarding the hospitalisation.
- Step 2: Submit the cashless claim form to the TPA -Third Party Administrator.
- Step 3: The Third-Party Administrator will verify the documents submitted to process the claim further.
- Step 4: If the claim request is approved, the insurance company will issue a pre-authorization letter. The insured can avail of the required treatment under their policy coverages, without paying for any medical expenses at the hospital. The insurance company will directly settle the bills with the hospital network.
Navi Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a reimbursement claim request with Navi General Insurance company:
- Step 1: Get admitted to a non-network hospital, avail the treatment and inform the TPA – Third Party Administrator about the same.
- Step 2: Pay for the treatment availed at the hospital and settle the bills.
- Step 3: Make sure to collect all the relevant documents from the hospital such as original bills and diagnostic reports to submit the same at the time of claim settlement to the insurance company.
- Step 4: If the insurance company finds the claim requests and the documents as per the terms and conditions under the policy, then the insurer will pay for the expenses incurred on the treatment availed.
Documents required for Navi Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement
The documents required for Navi Health Insurance reimbursement claim settlement process are:
- Navi General Insurance Health card along with the policy
- Valid photo identification proof – voter ID card/ PAN card/aadhar card/ driving license/passport.
- Original hospital bills
- Original discharge reports
- Other reports as required by the insurance company
Navi General Health Insurance Policy Renewal Process
It is essential to renew Navi General Health Insurance plans to continue availing benefits under them such as No Claim Bonus, waiting for period benefits, etc. Below are the steps to renew Navi health insurance plans:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Navi General Insurance, click on the Quick Help tab and then click on the Quick Renewal tab.
- Step 2: The insured needs to enter his or her personal details including policy number, customer ID, and then click Proceed.
- Step 3: Several health insurance quotes will be displayed on the screen. The insured needs to select the most suitable one of them.
- Step 4: Pay the health insurance renewal premium through any of the flexible modes offered.
The policy will be renewed on successful premium payment, and the insured can avail of benefits under the Navi General Health Insurance policy.
Navi Health Insurance FAQs
What is the right age to get Navi health insurance?
The minimum entry age to buy a Navi Health insurance plan for a child is 91 days, and for an adult, it is 18 years. The maximum entry age to buy this health insurance plan is 65 years.
What are the key benefits of having Navi health insurance policy?
There are multiple benefits of buying a Navi Health Insurance Policy like:
• Wide Coverage Options
• Flexible Sum Insured Options
• Flexibility in Choosing Room Rent Options
• Flexible Waiting Periods
• Cumulative Bonus
• Pre- and Post-Hospitalization Coverage
• Tax Benefits
What are health insurance plans offered Navi general insurance company?
Here is the list of health insurance plans offered by Navi General Insurance Company:
• Navi Cure Policy
• Navi Coco Seasonal Byte Policy
• Navi Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
• Navi Corona Kavach Policy
• Navi Corona Rakshak Policy
How to Choose the best Navi Health Insurance Policy?
The following tips will help you choose the best Navi Health Insurance Policy:
1. Opt for an Adequate Sum Insured Amount
2. Select the Right Coverage Type
3. Low and Affordable Premium
4. Minimum Waiting Period for Pre-Existing Diseases
5. Maximum Renewal Age
6. Flexibility to Increase the Sum Insured
What are the top benefits of Navi Health Insurance Policy?
Following are the top benefits of Navi Health Insurance Policy:
• Over 10,000 Network Hospitals across India for Cashless Treatments
• Efficient Customer Support Team
• Hassle-free Claim Settlement Process
• Quick Claim Settlements for Cashless Claims and Reimbursement Claims in 20 Minutes and 4 Hours, respectively
• No Mandatory Health Check-up to Purchase a Health Plan
• Tax Benefits
What is Covered Under Navi Health Insurance Plans?
If you buy a Navi Health Insurance Plan, you get coverage for:
• Pre- and Post-Hospitalization Expenses
• Emergency Ambulance Expenses
• Day Care Procedures
• Organ Donor Expenses
• In-Patient Hospitalization
• AYUSH Treatment
• Cumulative Bonus
• Modern-Day Treatment Procedures
What is the list of documents needed to buy the Navi Health Insurance policy?
Following is the list of documents needed to buy the Navi health insurance policy:
• Proof of Identity like Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card
• Proof of Address like Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill
• Proof of Age like Birth Certificate, Voter ID Card
• Passport Size Photograph
• Medical Reports
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India