Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is among the market leaders in the insurance sectors, known for world-class products, excellent service, and after-sales support. Headquartered in Pune, it is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited (74%) and Allianz SE (26%). The company offers numerous insurance products in both life insurance and general insurance categories.
Since it began its operations in 2001, the company has empowered numerous individuals with customized insurance solutions such as health insurance, home insurance, motor insurance, travel insurance, and more.
Moreover, the health insurance plans by Bajaj Allianz are affordable and comprehensive, providing financial protection against hefty medical expenses. The health insurance plans come with various features and benefits and can be tailor-made per the insured’s requirements.
Facts about Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||81.96% (FY 2019-20)|
Why opt for Bajaj Allianz General Insurance?
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance features an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio of 92.24% for the financial year 2019-2020, which depicts it as a credible insurance partner and hassle-free claim settlement process.
- The company ensured a quick and smooth settlement process within 60 minutes of the claim request. This gives policyholders much-needed peace of mind during an emergency.
- With a vast network of hospitals over 6500, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance ensures that the policyholders can easily avail themselves of cashless treatment at any of their network hospitals across the country without spending from their pocket.
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has an in-house health administration team that ensures the claims are settled more efficiently and quickly, thereby making the company a preferred choice of many.
- The leading insurer provides 24X7 customer assistance – on-call support service to give solutions to its customers’ queries and grievances.
- Bajaj Allianz also covers ambulance charges, incurred while going to the hospital or returning from the hospital.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance plans
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance offers a range of health insurance plans to fulfill the varied requirements of its customers. Below is the list:
- Bajaj Allianz Family Health Care Individual
- Bajaj Allianz Family Health Care Floater
Claim Settlement Process of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Cashless Claim Process
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance is known for providing a smooth and hassle-free claim settlement process. Below are the steps to avail of cashless claims under Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans.
- Step 1: One first needs to get hospitalized in any of the network hospitals of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance to avail cashless treatment. Then inform the insurer either by calling them or email them.
- Step 2: Get the verification done by showing the Bajaj Allianz Health Card along with valid ID proof at the hospital.
- Step 3: Fill the pre-authorization form, which the hospital will send to Bajaj Allianz Health Administration Team (HAT).
- Step 4: Bajaj Allianz will then verify the details mentioned in the pre-authorization form in accordance with the policy terms and conditions and inform the hospital of its decision.
- Step 5: if the claim request gets accepted, the hospital will be notified within 60 minutes, and the treatment cost or medical expenses will settle directly between the insurer and the hospital.
Bajaj Allianz Health Reimbursement Claim Process
Below are the steps to avail reimbursement claim under your Bajaj Allianz health insurance plan:
- Step 1: First, one needs to get admitted to any non-network hospital and avail of the required medical treatment. Inform the insurer about the hospitalization either by calling or emailing them.
- Step 2: After the treatment gets over, pay all the dues at the hospital and ensure to collect all the required documents.
- Step 3: The insurer will verify all the submitted documents and inform the insured if some more documents are required.
- Step 4: After the verification of the documents, if the insurer finds everything authentic and the claim is in accordance with the policy guidelines, then the payment is processed via ECS within 7 working days.
Documents required for Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
- Final hospital discharge summary
- Indoor case papers and duly-filled claim form
- Treating doctor’s report, and original consultation notes
- Original investigation reports
- FIR or post-mortem report if required
- Pharmacy bills along with the prescription
- Canceled cheque or NEFT details
- Original hospital bills and a valid photo ID proof
- Nature of operation performed and surgeon’s bill and receipt
- Test reports along with attending doctor’s or surgeon’s report
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Renewal Process
Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans are available for a policy tenure of 1, 2, and 3 years. Below are the steps to renew Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans online and keep them active to enjoy its benefits:
- Step 1: Visit Bajaj Allianz General Insurance’s official website, navigate to the health insurance page and open the ‘Health Insurance Renewal’ page.
- Step 2: Select the plan to renew.
- Step 3: Enter the basic details such as policy number and date of birth.
- Step 4: Select the renewal quote.
- Step 5: Make the premium payment online through the preferred online payment mode.
What is the list of documents needed to buy the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy?
The documents required to buy the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy includes:
Age proof - voter ID, driving license, passport, Aadhaar card, birth certificate, school leaving certificate, etc.
3 passport-size photos
ID Proof - PAN card, Aadhaar card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID, etc.
Address proof - a copy of the latest utility bill (electricity, mobile, landline, gas), passport, ration card, Aadhaar card, etc.
Medical reports – in case you are above a certain age.
How can I download Bajaj Allianz India Health Insurance Policy online?
To download the Bajaj Allianz Health insurance policy document, all you need to do is:
Visit Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance's official website.
Login to your account by entering your personal details, which could be the health insurance policy number, phone number, name, etc.
After you log in, you can download the policy document by clicking on the policy download button.
What are the documents needed for claim settlement under Bajaj Allianz General Insurance?
The documents required to submit during Bajaj Allianz General Insurance claim settlement includes:
Original discharge summary report
All laboratory and test reports
Original hospital bills and other receipts
Copy of pharmacy bills
First consultation letter from the doctor
How many numbers of claims can be made in a year?
The insured can make as many claims as possible in a year; however, the total number of claims cannot exceed the policy sum assured amount.
How much time does Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance take to settle claims?
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance generally takes 7 working days to settle the claim (from the receipt of the last document) if not rejected. But the company will not take more than 30 days.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India