Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Limited (ABHICL) is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and MMI Holdings of South Africa. Incorporated in 2015, ABHICL is a subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Ltd, which is the financial services arm of the Aditya Birla Group. Since October 2016, the company has been engaged in the health insurance business and provides various health insurance policies offering complete coverage to the insured persons and their families in case of illness, disease, or accident.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans cover pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, ambulance charges, AYUSH treatments, and intensive care. In addition, the company offers cashless treatment, rewards, and wellness programs for its policyholders.
The company also holds a strong presence with more than 17,000 employees and over 2 lakh agents and channel partners. It has marked its presence across various categories such as life insurance, general insurance broking asset management, corporate lending, housing finance, structured finance, wealth management, equity, private equity, project finance, online personal finance management, and many other services.
Facts about Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||94%|
Why opt for Aditya Birla Insurance Company?
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance boasts of a dedicated customer support team from where the policyholders can get their grievances and queries solved in no time.
- The leading insurer offers a variety of health insurance plans catering to different requirements of its customers.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance has a vast network of more than 6,000 hospitals across India where the policyholders can avail of cashless treatments.
- The company has an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio of 70.81% for the financial year 2019-20, which shows that it has a good claim settling ability.
- With its Activ Health App, Aditya Birla Health Insurance gives power to policyholders to track their fitness level, even allowing them to assess and renew their health insurance policy.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
Aditya Birla Health Insurance offers a host of health insurance plans to fulfill different necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Policy
- Activ Assure Diamond + Super Health Topup
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Policy
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Essential Policy
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Premiere Policy
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Classic Policy
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Standard Policy
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Premier Policy
- Aditya Birla Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Corona Kavach
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps for a cashless claim process with Aditya Birla Health Insurance:
- Step 1: To avail of the cashless treatment, visit any network hospital and get hospitalized. Inform the insurer about the hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show patient’s ID card issued by Aditya Birla Health Insurance ID card or policy number for identification purposes at the hospital’s reception along with a valid ID proof like voter’s ID, PAN card or passport, etc.
- Step 3: Once the identification process gets completed, the network hospital will submit the pre-authorization or the cashless hospitalization request form to Aditya Birla Health Insurance. In case of emergency hospitalization, the pre-authorization form needs to be submitted within 48 hours of hospitalization, and in case of planned hospitalization, the same needs to be submitted within 3 days before hospitalization.
- Step 4: Aditya Birla Health Insurance will review the claim request and information about the decision to the network hospital. The company will also inform the insured through SMS or an e-mail within 2 hours if the request is received during business hours.
- Step 5: Once all the formalities get done, the insurer will settle the claim directly with the hospital in accordance with the terms and conditions mentioned in the policy.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a reimbursement claim with Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company:
- Step 1: Get admitted to any network or non-network hospital and avail of the treatment. Inform the insurer within 48 hours in case of emergency hospitalization. Whereas in case of planned hospitalization, notify the insurer 3 days before admission in the hospital.
- Step 2: After getting treated, pay all the medical bills directly at the hospital as per its process.
- Step 3: Collect all the relevant documents in original from the hospital and submit them to Aditya Birla Health Insurance within 15 days of getting discharged from the hospital.
- Step 4: After verifying all the documents, Aditya Birla Health Insurance will approve your claim, or can ask for more details and documents or even reject the claim on the basis of policy terms and conditions. The insured will be communicated about the same on the registered contact number or e-mail ID.
Documents required for reimbursement claim with Aditya Birla Insurance Company
The documents required to be submitted during the Aditya Birla claim reimbursement process are:
- Claim form Part A and Part B duly filled by you
- Aditya Birla Health ID card or policy copy
- KYC documents (photo ID and proof of age and address)
- Original discharge summary, original hospital bill, and final payment receipts
- Diagnostic reports, pharmacy or medical bills along with the prescription
- Letter from medical practitioner specifying duration, complaints, past history, and treatment details
- All previous consultation papers related to current illness
Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy Renewal Process
Aditya Birla Health Insurance allows policyholders to renew their health insurance plan easily online after every 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years, depending on the term of the policy. During the renewal process, the insured can modify or make changes in the policy, such as enhancing sum insured, coverage features, and more. Below are the steps to renew Aditya Birla Health Insurance plan:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Aditya Birla Health Insurance. Navigate to the ‘policy renewal’ page.
- Step 2: Fill in the policy details, proposer’s date of birth, and proposer’s mobile number)
- Step 3: ‘Click on the ‘Proceed’ tab.
- Step 4: Verify the details in the policy and premium amount for policy renewal.
- Step 5: Pay online using the available payment modes.
The policy will be renewed on successful premium payment, and the insured can avail of benefits under the Aditya Birla Health Insurance policy.
Aditya Birla Health Insurance FAQs
How can I claim Aditya Birla health insurance?
To claim Aditya Birla health insurance, you need to take the following steps:
• Pre-inform the insurer in case of a planned hospitalization and in case of emergency hospitalization, inform the insurer within 48 hours
• Submit the hospital documents to the insurer while making the claim
• Adhere to the procedures mentioned on the official website of the insurer
• Check the bank details carefully on the insurance papers
• Submit the claim form with the required documents after getting discharged from the hospital
What is the claim settlement ratio of Aditya Birla health insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of Aditya Birla Health Insurance for FY 2018-19 was 59%.
How do I claim pre-hospitalization expenses in Aditya Birla?
You need to inform the insurer at least 3 days before hospitalization in case of a planned hospitalization. In case, of emergency hospitalization, make sure to inform the insurer within 48 hours of hospitalization.
How can I check my Aditya Birla policy status?
You can check your Aditya Birla policy status both online and offline.
Online Policy Status Check:
1. Visit the official website of the insurer
2. Go to the Claim Status Portal
3. Fill in the username and password to log in
4. Track your claim status easily
Offline Policy Status Check:
1. Call on the Helpline Number 1800-270-7000
2. Visit the nearest Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company Branch
3. Give your Policy Number and a Customer Care Representative will acquaint you with your policy status
What are the diseases covered in Aditya Birla health insurance Policy?
Listed below are the diseases covered in Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy:
• Heart Diseases
• Mental Illness
• Critical Illnesses like Pneumonia, Multiple Organ Failure, and so on
What is the list of documents needed to buy the Aditya Birla Health Insurance policy?
Following is the list of documents needed to buy the Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy:
• Proof of Identity like Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card
• Proof of Age
• Proof of Address
• Passport Size Photograph
• Some Medical Reports
How can I download Aditya Birla Health Insurance Policy online?
To download Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan, you need to:
• Visit the official website and enter the policy number or your registered email ID.
• If you are a new user, register first with your name and other contact details as asked by the website.
• Once logged in, locate the option to download the policy on the website.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India