Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
A joint venture between the Murugappa Group, India, and Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited, Japan, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited offers an array of insurance products which includes Health Insurance, Accident Insurance, Motor Insurance, Property Insurance, Liability Insurance, Engineering Insurance, Travel Insurance, Marine Insurance, and Crop Insurance for individuals, families as well as corporates.
The leading insurance provider believes in maintaining transparency and trust while making processes simpler by adopting advanced technology and delivering the best customer experience. It offers different types of health insurance plans catering to customers’ diverse needs, such as hospitalization plans, critical illness plans, super top-up plans, and daily benefit plans.
Facts about Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||40.67% for 2019-20|
Why opt for Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company?
- Cholamandalam offers 24×7 customer support to its policyholders. Their customer support team is experienced enough to solve all sorts of insurance-related queries and can be reached through call, email, and online chat.
- The insurer has more than 8,000 hospitals available in its network, wherein the policyholders can get cashless treatment without any hassle.
- The insurer offers a quick and hassle-free claim settlement process. It does not hold any third-party administrator (TPA) tie-ups and provides direct claim settlement to its policyholders.
- Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance has several accolades in its kitty, such as Best CSR Practice Award, Golden Peacock Award 2017 for Risk Management, and many more. This showcases the company’s value in the market and credibility among the customers.
Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
Cholamandalam MS General Insurance company offers a host of health insurance plans to match the different requirements of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Flexi Health Insurance Plan
- Chola Healthline
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, Chola MS
- Chola Super Top-up Insurance
- Chola Hospital Cash Healthline
- Chola MS Critical Healthline Insurance
- Chola Accident Protection
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The process where a policyholder raises a claim request against his or her medical expenses incurred from the insurance provider is known as the health insurance claim settlement process. A health insurance claim can be processed in two ways – cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Cashless Claim Process
If the policyholder is treated in any network hospital of the insurer, then the claim is processed in a cashless manner. Below are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Get hospitalized and inform Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company at least 72 hours before the admission, if it’s a planned hospitalization, and within 48 hours of admission, in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show Cholamandalam MS Health card, Photo ID, and the medical reports at the insurance desk of the network hospital. Get the claim form and submit it after duly filling it and signed by the policyholder.
- Step 3: The hospital will share the policyholder’s details with the insurer’s in-house claim settlement team. They will further verify the claim form, documents, and medical details submitted to them.
- Step 4: The in-house claim settlement team might ask for more detail, and they can also reject the request if the given documents or details are found to be incorrect. In such a case, the policyholder must settle the bills and submit the documents for reimbursement claims.
- Step 5: If all the documents and details are found to be valid, then the insurer will settle the claim directly with the network hospital.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
If the policyholder gets treated at any non-network hospital, then he or she can claim reimbursement under Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance plans. Below are the steps for the same.
- Step 1: Get treated at any of the non-network hospitals and make complete payment of the hospital bills. Make sure to collect all the relevant medical documents, bills, invoices, and certificates signed by the attending physicians.
- Step 2: Submit a fully filled and duly signed claim request form along with all the necessary documents to the Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company. The claim documents are required to be submitted to the insurance provider within 30 days from the date of discharge.
- Step 3: The submitted documents will be then verified by the in-house claim settlement team of Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance. If they find them inadequate, they can ask for more details or documents or even reject the claim requests.
- Step 4: If all the documents and information related to the claim settlement are found to be right and relevant, then the claim request will be approved, and the reimbursement amount will be paid to the policyholder or the policy nominee after making the relevant deductions, co-payments, etc.
Documents required for Cholamandalam MS Reimbursement Claim
The documents required for the reimbursement claim process at Cholamandalam Health Insurance includes:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Doctor’s prescription advising the admission
- Discharge summary issued by the hospital
- Final hospital bill and payment receipt
- Medical investigation reports
- Medicine bills with prescriptions
- Invoice for implants, if used in the surgery
- Other bills or documents related to the treatment
- First Information Report (FIR) or Post Mortem Report, if required
- Canceled Cheque of the bank account to make the claim payment through NEFT.
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Renewal Process
Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance renewal process allows policyholders to stay associated with the health insurance plan and continue to avail of its benefits. During policy renewal, the insured can make changes in the policy to enhance the medical coverage. Below are the steps to renew Cholamandalam MS health insurance plans:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance Company, i.e., www.cholainsurance.com.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Health’ section under the product’s list offered and then click on the ‘Renew’ tab.
- Step 3: Enter the policy number without the slash (/) symbol and click on the proceed button.
- Step 4: Review the health insurance policy details and premium amount for renewal.
- Step 5: Make the payment for the health insurance policy via the insurer’s payment gateway.
Are medical check-ups necessary to buy health insurance policies from Cholamandalam MS insurance company?
Yes, under few plans of Cholamandalam MS, medical check-ups are necessary for the applicants to buy the health insurance policies.
Does Cholamandalam MS Insurance Company provide Hospital Cash benefit under any of its health plans?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company offers hospital cash benefits under a separate plan called Chola Hospital Cash Healthline.
Does Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company offer discounts for its policies?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS provides discounts on specific plans to the policyholders.
Why should I opt for Cholamandalam MS Health Insurance?
Cholamandalam MS health insurance plans are comprehensive policies such as Super Top-Up plans, Hospitalisation plans, Critical Illness plans, and Daily Benefit plans. These plans take care of different medical situations and thus a good option to choose for yourself and your family.
Are domiciliary hospitalization expenses covered under Cholamandalam MS health insurance plans?
Yes, Cholamandalam MS health insurance plans cover domiciliary hospitalization expenses for a maximum of 7 days for each insured member in a policy year.