National Insurance Company Limited
National Insurance Company Limited
National Insurance Company Limited is the oldest general insurance company in the country. Initially, it came into existence in 1906 and became an independent insurance company in the year 2002. This general insurance company offers different types of insurance, including health insurance, motor insurance, fire insurance, rural insurance, marine insurance, etc.
This leading insurance provider strives to provide excellent insurance services by combining people and processes, making it a preferred choice of the customers. It offers a range of health insurance plans such as individual plans, family floater plans, critical illness plans, senior citizen plans, top-up plans, and overseas travel catering to multiple healthcare needs. It was awarded Economic Times Iconic Brands 2018 for its diversified offering and unparalleled services.
Facts about National Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||107.64%|
Why opt for National Insurance Company?
- Intending to deliver insurance services at customers’ doorsteps, the National Insurance Company launched Office on Wheels concept in 4 cities – Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Chandigarh, wherein mobile vans have been transformed into insurance offices insurance policies online.
- Policyholders can easily track the status of their claim requests by simply entering a few details like policy number, customer ID, claim number, etc. This brings transparency and offers relief to the policyholders.
- The insurer boasts of an impressive claim settlement ratio of 83.78% in the financial year 2019-2020, making it a reliable insurance partner in the health insurance industry.
- National Insurance company provides 24X7 live chat assistance for its policyholders. With this feature, the policyholder can stay updated and connected with the insurer regarding all health insurance-related queries without any hassle.
- This leading insurer has won several national and international awards, namely, The Asset Asian awards 2017 for Cash Management Solutions and SKOCH Order of Merit 2017 for General Insurance Company of the year, Economic Times Iconic Brands 2018 (General Insurance Category), amongst others.
National Insurance Health Insurance plans
National Health Insurance offers a host of health insurance plans to match the different necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Corona Kavach Policy
- National Mediclaim Plus Policy
- National Mediclaim Policy
- National Mediclaim Parivar policy
- National Critical Illness policy
- Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday
- Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies
National Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The health insurance claim process under which the insurer compensates for the medical expenses incurred for any treatment related to an injury and/or illness through hospitalization. The claim process can be made in two different ways – cashless claims and reimbursement claims.
National Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Under the National Insurance cashless insurance claim process, the insurance provider takes care of the medical expenses when the insured gets admitted to its network hospital. Below are the steps to raise a cashless claim with the National Insurance Company:
- Step 1: Intimate the insurance provider about the hospitalization at least 72 hours in advance, in case of planned hospitalization, and within 24 hours of admission, in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Get the cashless claim form from the insurer or network hospital. Complete it and submit the same along with other required medical documents at the TPA desk of the hospital. The hospital will further share those documents with the insurance company for authorization.
- Step 3: TPA or the claim settlement team of the National Insurance Company will verify the details in the pre-authorization form and submit documents required by them.
- Step 4: If the TPA or the insurer’s claim settlement team requires some other information, they might ask for other documents. For example, they might reject the claim on various grounds and inform the policyholder and hospital authority about it.
- Step 5: During discharge, the insured needs to verify and sign the discharge paper and settle the expenses for non-medical and inadmissible expenses. After this, the network hospital sends the final claim request with the complete hospital bill to the insurer. The insurer then settles the entire claim request after considering deductions, co-payments, or inadmissible expenses.
National Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Process
When a policyholder gets treated in a non-network hospital, then reimbursement type of claim settlement gets applicable. Follow the steps to raise a reimbursement claim with the National Insurance Company:
- Step 1: Inform the insurer about the hospitalization 72 hours prior to getting admitted, if it is a planned one and in case of emergency hospitalization, inform within 24 hours.
- Step 2: Avail of the medical treatment at a non-network hospital and pay for the bills. Collect all the medical bills, discharge summary, test reports, and other relevant documents.
- Step 3: Submit duly filled and signed claim form along with other relevant documents with the National Insurance Company.
- Step 4: The TPA or claim settlement team of the National Insurance Company will verify the claim form and medical documents. If they find the documents and details insufficient, they can ask for more information or documents. In case the claim request gets disapproved, the insurer will communicate the same to the policyholder.
- Step 5: In case the claim request gets approved by the insurance provider, then the permissible amount will be reimbursed after making relevant deductions, co-payments, etc.
Documents required for National Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
The documents required for the reimbursement claim settlement process at National Health Insurance:
- Duly filled claim form
- Original bills, payment receipts, discharge certificate signed by the doctor
- Original bills from the pharmacies
- Original payment receipt, investigation test reports, etc.
- Surgeon’s certificate related to diagnosis and nature of the operation
- Any other relevant document required by the company or TPA
- First investigation report or post mortem report, if required.
National Health Insurance Renewal Process
The policyholders can continue to avail of policy benefits if they renew the policy on time. While renewing the policies, policyholders can modify their health insurance cover. Below are the steps to renew the National health insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the website of National Health Insurance.
- Step 2: Select the ‘Health’ section from the Product tab, then click on the ‘Quick Renewal’ tab
- Step 3: Input the Policy Number and Captcha Code, and click on the ‘Renew Policy’ button.
- Step 4: Review the details of health insurance plans details and premium amount for renewal.
- Step 5: Pay for the policy amount online using the insurer payment gateway.
Does the National Insurance Company offer discounts to its policyholders?
Yes, the National Insurance Company offers discounts to its policyholders on some of the health insurance plans.
Does the company pay for a pre-policy check-up?
Yes, if the proposal is accepted, the National Insurance Company reimburses 50% of the expenses incurred for a pre-policy check-up.
Are the premiums paid for National Insurance policies eligible for tax benefits?
Yes, the premiums paid towards National Insurance policies are eligible for tax benefits.
For how many days does National health insurance policies offer pre and post-hospitalization cover?
National Insurance health plans offer 30 days pre-hospitalization cover and 60 days post-hospitalization cover.
Who are all covered under National Insurance family floater health insurance policies?
National Insurance family floater health insurance policies cover the policyholder, their spouse, dependent children up to 18 years of age (dependent girl child till marriage, if not employed), parents in law, and parents.