ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
ManipalCigna Health Insurance is a renowned name in the insurance sector and a standalone health insurance company, offering a range of health insurance solutions including individual health plans, family floater, group mediclaims, personal accident, top-up, amongst others, to meet different requirements of individuals.
A joint venture between the Manipal Group and Cigna Corporation, ManipalCigna Health Insurance modifies its products and services to match changing health requirements of people while adapting to technological advancement. The leading health insurer aims at providing easy access to quality healthcare products and services to its customers without any financial crisis.
Facts about ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||61.64% (FY 2019-20)|
Why opt for ManipalCigna Health Insurance?
- ManipalCigna collaborates with a vast network of healthcare professionals to ensure everyone can access its quality and affordable products and their benefits.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance plans provide complete protection against huge medical expenses, protecting the hard-earned money of the policyholders from draining out while securing them both medically and financially.
- MaipalCigna Health Insurance empowers its customers with various wellness programs to keep them healthy if they become physically or emotionally sick.
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance features a Claim Settlement Ratio of 85.72% in the financial year 2019-2020, proving itself as a reliable insurance partner.
- The stand-alone health insurer boasts of excellent customer support available 24X7 to provide assistance to the customers.
- The insurer also provides worldwide emergency cover to cover the medical expenses that might happen due to illness or injury outside the country.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance plans
ManipalCigna Health Insurance offers a range of health insurance plans catering to varied requirements of individuals. Below is the list:
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, ManipalCigna
- Corona Rakshak Policy, ManipalCigna
- Corona Kavach Policy, ManipalCigna
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection – Critical Care
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection – Accident Care
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Policy
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
ManipalCigna Health Insurance ensures a timely and hassle-free claim settlement process. Below are the steps to raise a cashless claim under ManipalCigna.
- Step 1: Inform the insurance provider about the hospitalization 3 days in advance if it’s a planned one. In case of emergency, inform the insurer within 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show the health card by ManipalCigna along with a valid photo ID and a fully filled hospitalization request form at the TPA desk or insurance department.
- Step 3: ManipalCigna Health Insurance claim settlement team will analyze the documents, and if they find it to be insufficient and require any other document, then they might contact the hospital.
- Step 4: In case of any assistance with the claim settlement forms or paperwork, one can seek claim service assistance, who can guide with the right process.
- Step 5: The last step is claim settlement, wherein the hospital sends the final bill to the insurer at discharge. If the claim request gets approved, the insurer will inform the hospital and the policyholder, and the bills will be cleared after the respective deductions. If the claim request gets disapproved, then the insurance providers will convey the same with valid reasons.
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Process
Under the reimbursement claim process, the policyholder is required to make the payment for all medical expenses incurred during hospitalization and raise the reimbursement request. Below are the steps to avail reimbursement claims at ManipalCigna Health Insurance.
- Step 1: In case of planned hospitalization, inform ManipalCigna about the hospitalization 3 days in advance, and in case of emergency, the insurer needs to be informed within 24 hours.
- Step 2: After availing of the medical treatment, the policyholder Is required to pay the hospital bills, collect all test reports, medical bills, discharge summary, and other relevant documents at the time of discharge and share it with the insurance provider.
- Step 3: Fill the claim request form, which one can get from the insurer’s website or in the insurance policy kit. Send the form along with the required medical documents to the nearest branch of ManipalCigna Health Insurance within 15 days of getting discharged from the hospital.
- Step 4: The claim settlement team at ManipalCigna Health Insurance will analyze the claim form and the documents. In case they are insufficient, then the insurer might ask to provide additional information or documents. And if the claim gets rejected, the policyholder will be informed of the same.
- Step 5: After verifying everything, the insurer will inform the policyholder and provide the claim amount after making the relevant deductions.
Documents Required for ManipalCigna Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim process
The documents required for the ManipalCigna Health Insurance reimbursement claim settlement process includes:
- Policyholder’s Valid ID Proof
- Doctor’s recommendation letter for hospitalization
- Doctor’s prescription for consultation, medicine, and medical tests
- Original hospital bills, receipts, and discharge forms signed by the doctor
- Original bills from chemists
- Original diagnostic reports, radiology reports, and bills
- First Information Report (FIR), in case of a police case
- Post Mortem Report, if applicable
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Renewal Process
The policyholder should renew their health insurance to keep it active and avail of the benefits when required. At the time of renewal, the policyholder can increase their coverage and keep themselves secured against future medical emergencies. Following are the steps for renewing ManipalCigna health insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the website of ManipalCigna Health Insurance.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Renewal’ tab and select the ‘Retail Customer’ or ‘Group Customer’ section.
- Step 3: Enter the policy number and click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
- Step 4: Check the health insurance policy details and policy renewable amount.
- Step 5: Make the premium payment online using the payment gateway of the insurer.
What is the time limit to submit the claim for a cashless claim request?
One needs to submit the claim within 15 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
How many numbers of claims can be made in a year?
There is no certain number of limits for making claims in a year; however, the claim amount should not exceed the sum insured.
Is a medical test necessary for everyone?
No, a medical test is not necessary for everyone. However, it is required based on the age of the insured, plan type and selected sum assured.
What is the waiting period for pre-existing diseases under the ManipalCigna health insurance plan?
The waiting period for pre-existing diseases varies from plan to plan under the Manipal Cigna Health Insurance plan. Therefore, one should check the policy terms and conditions before buying the policy.
What are the documents needed to purchase Manipal Cigna health insurance plans?
The documents needed to buy Manipal Cigna Health Insurance Plan are duly filled proposal form along with ID proof and Address Proof, which includes Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Passport, PAN card, etc.
How to buy a ManipalCigna Health Insurance Policy?
One can buy ManipalCigna Health Insurance policy directly from its official website or through the online insurance aggregator website like iiflinsurance.com.