New India Assurance Company
New India Assurance Company
Headquartered in Mumbai, New India Assurance Company is a government-owned multinational general insurance company, functional in 28 countries. It provides an array of customised insurance solutions which includes health insurance, travel insurance, home insurance, motor insurance, rural insurance, aviation insurance, industrial insurance, marine insurance, liability insurance, along with customised business and SME insurance products catering to different sections of the society.
Its Indian operations have won several accolades like the India Insurance Summit Award 2018: General Insurance Company of The Year and the Golden Peacock Excellence Award. It is India’s only direct insurer rated A-(Excellent) by AM Best Company since 2007. New India Assurance Company’s health insurance plans are one of the promising products as they offer comprehensive coverage at affordable premiums. The plans are available to people of different age groups having various requirements.
Facts about New India Assurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||100.83%|
Why opt for New India Assurance Company?
- New India Assurance Company has been rated AAA by CRISIL since 2014, which showcases its financial strength.
- The company boasts of a high Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR) of 92.68% for the financial year 2019-2020, which makes it a reliable insurer partner who handles claims well.
- It has more than 100 years of industry experience which has helped the insurer to gain a thorough inner working knowledge of the industry.
- New India Assurance Company has more than 1500 hospitals in its network where the policyholder can avail cashless treatment without worrying about the burden of medical expenses.
- The company has a diligent customer support team that offers solutions for all kinds of insurance-related queries.
New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
New India Assurance Health Insurance offers a host of health insurance plans to match the different necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- New India Floater Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy
- New India Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy
- New India Premier Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy
- New India Asha Kiran Health Insurance Policy
- New India Top-Up Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy
New India Assurance Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
New India Assurance boasts of a simple, transparent, and quick claim settlement process. The policyholder can make claims in two ways – cashless and reimbursement process.
New India Assurance Health Insurance Cashless Claim Process
Below are the steps to make a cashless claim under your New India Assurance Health Insurance plans:
- Step 1: Get Hospitalised at any of the network hospitals and inform the TPA about the hospitalisation. In case of planned hospitalisation inform the TPA immediately or 48 hours before hospitalisation and in case of emergency hospitalisation within 24 hours from the time of hospitalisation.
- Step 2: Submit the duly filled and signed cashless claim form to the TPA.
- Step 3: The TPA will then verify the documents and check if the claim is as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Step 4: If all the documents and details are verified, then the claim will get approved and the insurer will issue pre-authorization to the network hospital and the policyholder can avail the cashless treatment. The insurer will directly settle the claim with the hospital authority.
New India Assurance Health Reimbursement Claim
Below are the steps to make a reimbursement claim under the New India Assurance Health Insurance plan:
- Step 1: Get hospitalised at any non-network hospital of your choice. Intimate the TPA within 24 hours from the time of hospitalisation.
- Step 2: Get the required treatment and settle the bills for the medical expenses incurred for the treatment.
- Step 3: Collect all the related documents from the hospital for processing the claim. Make sure to submit all the required documents within 7 days from the date of discharge from the hospital.
- Step 4: If all your documents are in accordance with your health insurance policy claim, then the insurer will settle your claim amount.
Documents Required for New India Assurance Health Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
The documents required for the reimbursement claim settlement process at New India Assurance Health Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process are:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Original discharge report
- Original hospital bills
- All other original reports related to the treatment
- The future line of treatment (follow-ups)
New India Assurance Health Insurance Renewal Process
Renewing a health insurance plan allows the policyholder to avail benefits under the health insurance policy such as reduction in the waiting period, No Claim Bonus, etc. Below are the steps to renew your New India Assurance Health Insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the New India Assurance Health Insurance official website and then click on the Quick Help tab and then on the Quick Renewal tab.
- Step 2: Enter personal details like policy number and customer ID, Click Proceed.
- Step 3: Select the most suitable quote from the ones displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: Pay the chosen renewal premium via a secured payment gateway.
Does New India Assurance require pre-acceptance medical check-up to buy health insurance policies?
Yes, some policies under New India Assurance require pre-acceptance medical check-up before buying a health insurance policy. However, in case the proposal is accepted, then 100% of the cost of this check-up is reimbursed.
Does New India Assurance offer discounts to its policyholders?
Yes, on certain plans New India Assurance offers discounts to its policyholders.
Does New India Assurance offer an individual health insurance plan?
Yes, New India Assurance offers health insurance policies for individuals. The plans are New India Premier Mediclaim Policy, New India Floater Mediclaim Policy, New India Mediclaim Policy, etc.
What are the various sum insured options available under the New India Assurance health insurance plan for individuals?
Individual policyholders can opt from the sum insured options ranging from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 1 crore under New India Assurance health insurance policies.
Are out-patient treatments covered under New India Assurance health insurance plans?
Some health insurance plans under New India Assurance cover OPD treatments such as New India Assurance Premier Mediclaim Policy.
Are pre-and post-hospitalisation expenses covered by New India Assurance health insurance plans?
Yes, 30 days pre-hospitalisation expenses and 60 days post-hospitalisation expenses are covered under New India Assurance health insurance plans.