Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Company
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Company
Counted among India’s trusted standalone health insurers, Max Bupa Health Insurance is a joint venture between True North, an Indian private equity firm, and Bupa, a healthcare service-based organization in the UK. The leading insurer has grown exponentially and fulfills varied healthcare requirements of its customers.
With an aim to provide a quality product to its customers, the insurer offers a range of health insurance policies, including individual health plans, family floater plans, top-up cover, critical illness health cover, and senior citizen health insurance policies. Max Bupa also covers new-age treatment and offers rewards while promoting a healthy lifestyle and eating habits.
Facts about Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||50.19%|
Why opt for Max Bupa Health Insurance Company?
- Max Bupa focuses on customer satisfaction, empowering them with happy and satisfying lives. The leading insurer offers digitally-enabled, customer-centric health insurance products and excellent services to its customers, such as direct claim settlement and access to ‘Point of Care’ desks at leading hospital chains in the country.
- Further, the company strives to take customer satisfaction one level up by leveraging technology such as through its MAX Bupa Health App and Max Bupa’s chatbot ‘CIA.’ The Max Bupa Health App allows policyholders to book OPD appointments, take e-consultations, get medicines delivered at home and easy access to their health insurance plans on-the-go along with many other services. At the same time, the chatbot solves the queries of the customers by providing end-to-end solutions. The chatbot CIA is also available on WhatsApp.
- The standalone health insurer has won several awards and recognition for its constant innovation and excellent service, such as the Economic Times Best Brands 2019 award, Super Brand 2019 award, ‘Technology Maturity’ award for focused use of technology to deliver an optimum customer experience, and Best Tech for Health Category 2019 for its health app.
- The health insurance plans offered by Max Bupa are comprehensive and innovative, catering to specific needs and requirements of the customers, such as the GoActiveTM plan for fitness enthusiasts. Several other health insurance plans match different requirements of the policy buyers, including Personal Accident Cover and Critical Illnesses.
- The insurer offers direct claim settlement as no third-party agents are involved. It boasts of processing 9 out of 10 cashless under 30 minutes.
- Max Bupa Health Insurance offers a 5 minutes hassle-free renewal process. The policyholders just require to enter their policy number and date of birth and get the procedure completed within 5 minutes.
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Plans
Max Bupa Health Insurance Company offers a host of health insurance plans fulfilling different necessities of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Max Bupa Reassure
- Max Bupa Health Companion
- Max Bupa Goactive
- Max Bupa Money Saver
- Max Bupa HeartBeat
- Max Bupa SuperSaver
- Max Bupa Health Premia
- Max Bupa Senior First
- Max Bupa Health Pulse
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Health insurance claim settlement is a process to raise a claim against the medical expense. There are two different ways of doing it – cashless claims and reimbursement claims.
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Cashless Claim settlement process
- Step 1: Inform the insurer about the hospitalization within 24 hours of admission in case of emergency hospitalization. And in case of planned hospitalization, the insurer should be informed at least 2 days in advance.
- Step 2: Share Max Bupa Health Insurance Card or policy number with valid ID proof at the insurance desk of the network hospital.
- Step 3: After complete identification, the network hospital will send your pre-authorization request form to the insurer.
- Step 4: The claim settlement team of the insurer will verify the details and documents and might the policyholder or the network hospital for more information if needed.
- Step 5: After all verification and formalities, the insurer settles the claim directly with the network hospital, and the policyholder is informed about the same. In case the claim request gets rejected, then the insured will be informed with valid reasons.
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim settlement process
If the policyholder gets treated at any non-network hospital, then the reimbursement claim process is initiated. The insured can raise the claim reimbursement request with Max Bupa Health Insurance, following these steps:
- Step 1: Inform the insurance provider about the hospitalization within 48 hours or before getting discharged from the hospital, whichever is earlier.
- Step 2: Avail of the required medical treatments and settle the hospital bills. Collect all the bills, invoices, medical reports, discharge summary, and other documents needed from the hospital and share them with the insurer.
- Step 3: Get the claim form from Max Bupa Health Insurance’s official website. Share duly filled and signed form along with the required documents with the insurer.
- Step 4: Max Bupa’s claim settlement team will review and verify the claim request and submitted documents. If they require any other details and documents, the insured will be informed.
- Step 5: If all the documents submitted are appropriate, then the claim request will be approved, and Max Bupa will settle the claim as per the terms and conditions of the health insurance plan.
Documents required for Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Reimbursement Claim
The documents required for the reimbursement claim settlement process at Bharti AXA Health Insurance:
- Valid ID Proof
- Medical Practioner’s prescribed letter for hospitalization
- Doctor’s prescription for consultation, medicine, and medical tests
- Original hospital bills and discharge certificates signed by the medical practitioner
- Original invoices from pharmacies
- Original reports of radiology, diagnostic tests, and paid bills
- First Information Report (FIR), in case of a police case
- Post Mortem Report, if applicable
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Insurance Renewal Process
The benefits of Max Bupa health insurance can be easily availed by simply renewing it. The health insurance plan can be modified during the renewal process according to the insured’s budget and requirements. Below are the steps to renew Max Bupa health insurance plans:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Max Bupa Health Insurance, i.e., www.maxbupa.com
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Renew’ tab on the website.
- Step 3: Enter the policy number and Date of Birth. Then click on the submit button.
- Step 4: Review the details of the health insurance plan and premium amount for renewal
- Step 5: Pay for the premium amount through the payment gateway of the insurer.
Is pre-policy medical examination before buying Max Bupa Health Insurance policy necessary?
While buying a new Max Bupa health insurance policy, a medical examination is necessary. However, a medical check-up is not required when renewing the existing policies.
How many network hospitals are there under Max Bupa Health Insurance?
There are more than 7400 network hospitals under Max Bupa Health Insurance where the policyholders can avail themselves of cashless treatment.
What is the waiting period for maternity cover in Max Bupa health insurance policy?
Maternity benefits can be availed after the 24 months waiting period, which is one of the lowest in the industry.
Is the portability feature available in Max Bupa Health Insurance policy?
Yes, the portability feature is available under Max Bupa health insurance.
When can health insurance portability at Max Bupa be applied?
To opt for health insurance portability at Max Bupa, one needs to apply at least 45 days before the date of renewal of the existing policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India