IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company is a joint endeavor between the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), which holds 51%, and Tokio Marine Group, which holds the remaining 49%. Incorporated in 2000, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance company offers an array of insurance products, including health insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, car insurance, bike insurance, corporate policies like property insurance, and liability insurance catering to all possible insurance-related needs of the customers.
The company offers various health insurance policies intending to deliver complete peace of mind to the policy buyers. The health plans are available on an individual as well as a floater basis, thereby covering several relationships. In addition, IFFCO Tokio health insurance policies provide numerous benefits such as health check-up coverage, ambulance charges cover, pre-hospitalization, post-hospitalization expenses, etc.
Facts about IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||95.66% for 2019-20|
Why opt for IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company?
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has more than 6400 network hospitals and facilities where the policyholders can avail cashless treatment without worrying about the finances during medical emergencies such as in case of hospitalization due to illness or injury.
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has a 24X7 dedicated customer care center that addresses all grievances and queries of its customers related to health insurance.
- This leading insurer boasts of an impressive claim settlement ratio of 96.33% In the financial year 2019-2020, making it a preferred choice for many people.
- It offers a bouquet of health insurance plans catering to all kinds of healthcare requirements and providing financial assistance against several healthcare expenses.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance company offers several health insurance plans to fulfill different requirements of individuals and families. Below is the list:
- Personal Accident InsuranceCritical Illnesses for Family
- Health Insurance Top Up
- Swasthya Raksha Bima
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
- Corona Rakshak Policy
- Corona Kavach Policy
- Hospital Daily Cash Policy
- Saral Suraksha Bima Policy
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The Health Insurance claim settlement process is when a claim request is raised against medical expenses incurred due to any medical emergency. A health insurance claim can be processed in two ways – cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Cashless Claim Process
If the policyholder is treated in any insurer’s network hospital, the claim is processed in a cashless manner. Below are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Get hospitalized in a network hospital, inform the Third Party Administrator (TPA) through their toll-free number. Show the Health ID card at the hospital.
- Step 2: Fill and share the cashless claim form with the Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- Step 3: After receiving the documents, the TPA will verify the documents and inform the network hospital authority about their decision.
- Step 4: If the TPA approves the cashless claim request, the hospital bills will be settled directly between the insurer and the hospital as per the policy terms and conditions.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Process
Follow the steps to make a reimbursement claim under IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans.
- Step 1: Inform the IFFCO Tokio General Insurance immediately on admission to any of the non-network hospitals. One needs to notify the insurer within 7 days from the date of discharge. Also, quote the policy certificate number while informing the insurer.
- Step 2: Avail the treatment and settle the bills. Make sure to collect all the documents, reports, bills, discharge summary along with any other relevant documents.
- Step 3: Download the claim form from IFFCO Tokio General Insurance’s official website.
- Step 4: Submit all the required documents at the local IFFCO Tokio office address.
- Step 5: If all the documents are verified and approved, the reimbursement claim amount will be settled as per the policy terms and conditions.
Documents required for IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Reimbursement claim
The documents required for the reimbursement claim process at IFFCO Tokio General Insurance includes:
- Duly filled claim form along with doctor’s certificate
- Advance and final receipts
- Diagnostic test reports (x-ray, ECG, scan, etc.)
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Renewal Process
Health insurance policy renewal allows the insured to avail benefits under the existing health insurance policy. Below are the steps to renew your IFFCO Tokio health insurance policy:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of IFFCO Tokio General Insurance and go to the Renewal Page. Select ‘Renew Health Policy’.
- Step 2: Enter policy details correctly, like the product, policy number, and insured’s name. Click on the ‘Search’ button.
- Step 3: Pick the renewal quote.
- Step 4: Pay online via your preferred mode of payment.
How many claims can be made with the IFFCO Tokio health insurance plan?
The policyholder can make as many claims as needed within the limit of the sum insured of the health insurance plan.
Can IFFCO Tokio insurance company reject the claims?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio General Insurance company can reject the claim based on various factors mentioned in the policy's terms and conditions.
How many hospitals are there in IFFCO Tokio’s network?
There are more than 6400 hospitals in IFFCO Tokio’s networks wherein the policyholder can avail cashless treatment.
What will happen if I cancel the IFFCO Tokio health insurance plan after purchasing it?
The health insurance plan will stop from the date of policy cancellation. Also, the insured will get back the premiums as per the rates of short period cancellation in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy.
Is it possible to purchase more than one health insurance plan from IFFCO Tokio?
Yes, it is possible to buy more than one health insurance policy from IFFCO Tokio.
What are the medical tests needed before buying the IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance?
Medical tests are required for people above the age of 45 years. But to renew the current health insurance policy, medical checkups are generally not needed.
What is the waiting period for pre-existing diseases under the IFFCO Tokio health insurance plan?
The waiting period for pre-existing diseases is subject to a period of 48 months, under IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plan.