Star Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance Plans
Star Health & Allied Insurance Company offers an affordable health insurance plan that provides comprehensive protection against medical emergencies. The plans are carefully designed to protect your savings from draining into rising medical costs while empowering you to avail of quality treatment.
This leading insurer has over 300 branches and offers a variety of health insurance plans, including individual health plans, family floater plans, senior citizen health plans, critical illness health insurance, personal accidents plan, and more based on the different requirements of individuals. In addition, Star Health Insurance is known for its smooth claim settlement process, making it easy for the policyholders to avail its services.
Health Insurance Plans offered by Star Health Insurance Company
Star Health Insurance Company provides a wide variety of health insurance plans catering to different necessities of individuals, families, and corporates. Below are the details of health insurance plans:
- Star Young Star Health Insurance Plan: This health insurance plan comes with two options – Silver and Gold and is available on an individual and floater basis. The Young Star policy by Star Health Insurance offers sum assured ranging between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 1 crore and covers individuals between the age of 18 years and 40 years. This policy is available for a term period of 1 and 2 years along with other benefits like lifelong renewal, cover for ambulance expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization expenses, amongst others.
- Star Medi Classic Health Insurance Plan: Medi Classic Insurance Policy by Star Health Insurance comes with two options – Basic and Gold and provides coverage against hospitalization expenses arising due to any disease, illness, or accident. The plan covers the individual from the age of 5 months to 65 years. It offers several cover benefits such as coverage for daycare treatments, in-patient hospitalization cover, health check-ups, ambulance charges, and non-allopathic treatments. Interestingly HIV positive people are eligible to buy this plan.
- Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy: Star Comprehensive Health Insurance Policy covers from 3 months to 65 years. Available on an individual and floater basis, this plan does not come with any sub-limit or capping. It offers coverage against outpatient medical consultation expenses, domiciliary hospitalization, daycare procedures, air ambulance expenses, pre-and post-hospitalization expenses. The sum assured options available under this health insurance plan is between Rs 5 lakh and Rs 25 lakh. This plan comes in both individual and floater options.
- Star Family Health Optima: This health insurance from Star Health Insurance provides coverage for you and your entire family under a single sum assured. People between 18 to 65 years can buy this policy. The Family Health Optima plan comes with several benefits like cover for pre and post-hospitalization, air ambulance, in-patient hospitalization expenses, etc, along with sum assured options ranging between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 25 lakh.
- Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy: As the name suggests, Senior Citizens Red Carpet Insurance Policy is specifically designed for senior citizens and is available on an individual and floater basis. Anyone between the age of 60 to 75 years can buy this policy. This policy includes features like lifelong renewals and sum assured options ranging between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 25 lakh. It is available for 1, 2, and 3 years and covers hospitalization expenses, health check-ups, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization expenses, amongst others.
Benefits of Star Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance offers a wide variety of affordable and comprehensive health insurance products for families, individuals, and corporates.
- Star Health Insurance plans cover hospitalization expenses, medical check-ups, AYUSH treatments, and critical illnesses. Now the plans also provide coverage for Coronavirus treatment.
- The insurer also provides health insurance plans for autistic children, making its offerings unique.
- No co-payment is required for people below 60 years of age under Star Health Insurance plans.
- Star Health Insurance company has a vast network of more than 1100 hospitals where the policyholders can avail their treatment.
- Star Health Insurance comprises the in-house claim settlement process, ensuring a speedy and hassle-free claim settlement process. The insurer claims to have settled 90% of its health insurance claims in less than 2 hours.
- The health insurance provider offers a lifetime renewal option without any restriction, such as maximum age under the health insurance plans.
Star Health Insurance Inclusions
- In-patient Hospitalisation expenses: Health insurance plans under Star Health Insurance cover inpatient hospitalization expenses incurred because of illness, disease, or accident.
- Pre and Post-hospitalisation expenses: Star Health insurance plans cover pre and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 90 and 180 days, respectively.
- AYUSH Treatments: Star Health insurance plans cover expenses related to AYUSH treatments which include Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- Ambulance Cover: Star Health Insurance plans cover you against emergency ambulance charges if you require urgent medical care.
- Daycare Procedures: Star health insurance plans include expenses incurred for daycare procedures such as cataract chemotherapy, radiation, and dialysis.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Organ donor expenses are also covered under Star Health insurance plans.
Star Health Insurance Exclusions
- Self-Inflicted Injuries: Star Health Insurance plans do not cover self-inflicted injuries such as injuries resulting from the attempt of suicide.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Cosmetic Surgery treatments are not covered under health insurance plans by Star Health Insurance.
- Weight Control Treatments: Expenses incurred for weight control treatments, including obesity treatments or surgical procedures like bariatric surgery, are not covered under Star Health Insurance plans.
- Injuries due to adventure sports: Expenses incurred for treating injuries due to participation in adventure activities like rafting, mountain climbing, paragliding, etc. are not covered under Star Health Insurance plans.
- Illness due to the use of Intoxicating Substances: Star Health Insurance plans do not cover any treatment expenses for illness due to the use of intoxicating substances, including drugs, alcohol, tobacco chewing, and smoking.
However, the above-mentioned inclusions and exclusion might vary from plan to plan under Star Health Insurance.
Does Star Health Insurance cover the treatment of pre-existing ailments?
Usually, health insurance plans do not cover any sort of pre-existing illness conditions. At Star Health Insurance, pre-existing disease treatment is covered only after 48 months of the waiting period. If the policyholder keeps the policy active by renewing it regularly and crosses the waiting period, then he or she can avail of the treatments for pre-existing ailments.
Is it necessary to take a medical check-up to buy a Star Health Insurance Policy?
Yes, the medical check-up is necessary to buy a Star Health Insurance Policy; however, it is applicable only for people above 50 years of age.
What are the documents required to buy a Star health insurance plan?
The documents required to buy a Star Health insurance plan include a policy form along with the original copies of the ID Proof, Address Proof, Age Proof, Income proof, and medical reports.
Is Star Health's individual health insurance policy eligible for tax benefits?
Yes, Star Health's individual health insurance policy offers tax benefits as per Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, for the policy premium paid towards the policy.
What are the documents required for making a policy claim under Star Health Insurance?
The documents required to make a claim under Star Health Insurance includes:
Completed claim form.
Original receipts, discharge certificates, and bills.
Original bills from the Pharmacy.
Certificate of the treating doctor.
In case a hospital has less than 15 beds, then a hospital registration certificate.
FIR/self-declaration/MLC in case of accident cases.
Nature of operation and bill and receipt of the Surgeon.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India