National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
National Health Insurance (NIC) provides comprehensive health insurance plans backed by numerous features and benefits. The company offers varied, affordable health insurance plans, including individual plans, family floater plans, senior citizen plans, or group plans. In addition, National Insurance Company comprises a dedicated team for claim settlement, which ensures a fast and hassle-free claim settlement process for its customers.
5 Best National Insurance Health Insurance Policies
- Corona Kavach Policy: National Insurance Corona Kavach Policy is a short-term standard indemnity-based health insurance policy that provides protection against medical expenses towards COVID-19. The policy is available for individuals and families, including self, spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Individuals aged between 1 day and 65 years are covered under this policy wherein the proposer needs to be at least 18 years of years.
- National Mediclaim Plus Policy: National Mediclaim Plus Policy is an affordable health insurance policy that covers the policyholder and his or her family for a range of sum insured options starting from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 50 lakhs. The policyholder can opt for the desired sum insured per their requirements and enhance the same if required at the time of renewal. The policy covers individuals aged between 18 years and 65 years that can be self, legally wedded spouse, dependent legitimate or legally adopted children.
- National Mediclaim Policy: National Mediclaim Policy is an individual health insurance policy that covers in-patient treatment expenses and offers other coverage benefits. The policy comes with sum insured options ranging between Rs 1 Lakh and Rs 10 Lakh and covers more than 140 daycare procedures, 12 modern treatments including robotic surgery, oral chemotherapies, etc., road ambulance expenses, donor expenses, pre-hospitalization expenses, and post-hospitalization expenses, amongst others.
- National Mediclaim Parivar Policy: Parivar Mediclaim Policy by National Insurance provides coverage for all family members under a single sum insured. It covers the basic medical expenses and pre-existing conditions, which is definitely a boon for the entire family during uncertain times.
- National Arogya Sanjeevani Policy Health Insurance is a standard health insurance product covering basic healthcare expenses for individuals and families. It is an affordable and easy-to-understand policy that covers people aged between 3 months and 65 years, for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh (in multiples of Rs. 50,000). The policy covers healthcare expenses including pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, daycare procedures, AYUSH treatments, road ambulance expenses, etc.
Benefits of National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- National Health Insurance plans have a portability feature wherein in case the policyholder is not satisfied with his or her existing policy. They can port their policy into the health insurance policies under the National Insurance Company and continue availing the policy benefits.
- The National Insurance Company offers a lifetime renewability option and helps policyholders to avail themselves of the facilities of their health insurance policy throughout their lifetime.
- The insurer provides a health check-up facility under which it covers the medical expenses of the policyholder’s health check-up only once at the end of two policy periods.
- Under most of its plans, National Insurance offers a high sum insured coverage of up to Rs 50 lakh.
Inclusions in National Insurance Health Insurance Plan
- Pre- and Post-Hospitalisation: The expenses incurred towards pre-and post-hospitalization up to 30 days and 60 days respectively are covered under National Insurance health insurance policies.
- In-Patient Hospitalisation: National Insurance health insurance plans cover the medical expenses incurred due to the hospitalization for any injury or illness, requiring more than 24 hours. This coverage includes room rent, doctor’s fee, blood, oxygen, diagnostic tests, medicines, etc.
- Day Care Treatment: Under National Insurance health plans, 140-day care procedures are listed and covered. Daycare treatment is those which are completed within 24 hours without any hospitalization and require just local anesthesia.
- Emergency Ambulance cover: The health insurance policy offers coverage for transportation by emergency ambulance during hospitalization. Hence, it reimburses 1% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs. 2,000 as the ambulance charges for the transportation of an insured member to the hospital during a medical emergency.
- Organ Donor Cover: National Insurance health insurance covers hospitalization expenses incurred towards treating an organ donor during the organ transplant process. This cover is applicable only in case the insured is being medically advised to undergo an organ transplant.
Exclusions in National Insurance Health Insurance
- War Conditions: Medical expenses incurred towards treating injuries sustained due to war, invasion, riots, and other similar conditions.
- Cosmetic or Plastic surgery: Expenses towards cosmetic or aesthetic procedures for any type or sex change operation are not covered, unless in the case of plastic surgery, which the doctor advises.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: National health insurance plans do not cover the medical expenses towards the treatment of sexually transmitted or vulnerable diseases.
- Self-Inflicted Injuries: Expenses incurred towards treating injuries or illnesses due to any self-harming action like an attempt to suicide are not covered.
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse: Medical expenses incurred towards treating injuries or illnesses sustained under the influence of alcohol or drug or any such substance are not covered under National Health Insurance policies.
The above-given inclusions and exclusions may vary from plan to plan under National Insurance Health policies, and people should go through the policy guidelines before buying the policy.
Does the National Insurance Company offer any discount for its health insurance plans?
Yes, the National Insurance Company offers discounts on some of its health insurance plans.
What is the Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of National Insurance?
The Incurred Claim Ratio (ICR) of National Insurance for FY 2018-19 is 107.64%.
What is the policy term for individual health insurance under National Insurance?
Individuals can buy a health insurance policy under National Insurance for a policy term of 1 year.
What are the minimum and maximum entry ages for individuals under National Insurance health insurance policies?
The minimum and maximum entry age for individuals under National health insurance plans are 18 years and 65 years. Children between the age group of 3 months to 18 years can be added to the health insurance plan if at least one parent is covered under the policy.
What are the advantages of buying an individual health insurance plan from National Insurance?
The benefits of purchasing individual health insurance from National Insurance are-
Pre and post hospitalization cover for 30 days and 60 days, respectively
More than 140 daycare procedures are covered
AYUSH treatment cover
Good health rewards
In-patient hospitalization cover