New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
The New India Assurance Company is India’s largest public-sector health insurance company that Sir Dorabji Tata established in the year 1919. Now, the company is present in over 28 countries across the world, with headquarters in Mumbai. A well-known player in the health insurance sector, their mission is to provide financial security to individuals, trade, commerce & all other segments of the society by offering insurance products & services of high quality at affordable cost. The company employs over 19,795 with 2,395 offices across the nation. Their offerings in health insurance policies are directed at the common man with maximum benefits at affordable premiums.
5 Best New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- New India Floater Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: This family floater plan from New India Assurance offers a host of benefits to the policyholder. This plan is available for registration for those between the age of 18 years and 65 years, and children from 3 months to -25 years. While there are no health check-ups required for individuals up to 50 years of age and an additional 15% discount on premium is offered if 2 or more family members are covered under the plan. It also provides coverage against Ayurveda/Homeopathic and Unani if treatment is taken in a government-registered hospital. Added to these, the insurer’s pre and post-hospitalization expenses (30 and 60 days) are payable. The insured person is eligible to receive a daily hospital cash benefit if hospitalized for 24 hours or more. Although pre-existing diseases are covered, it is available only after 4 continuous and claim-free policy years.
- New India Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: This is a health insurance plan that can be availed for all members of your family. The important features of the plan include No pre-policy check-ups till 50 years of age, hospital cash benefit in case of hospitalization, free preventive health check-ups once every three policy years. Apart from these, you can also add a range of optional coverage benefits under the plan, such as coverage for daycare procedures, critical illnesses, and ambulance charges, etc.,
- New India Premier Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: A premium health insurance plan offered by new India assurance that the entire family can avail. This plan comes with two coverage options – Plan A with a sum insured of Rs 15 and 25 lakhs, and Plan B provides a higher sum insured of Rs 50 lakhs and Rs 1 crore. This policy offers critical illness benefit as a standard feature, wherein the company shall pay a fixed benefit of value if you are diagnosed with any of the critical illnesses on the list. OPD coverage, Maternity, and newborn baby coverage, treatment cost for infertility treatments, HIV/AIDS, obesity, and psychiatric treatments. You can also utilize dietician counseling and concierge services under the policy.
- New India Asha Kiran Health Insurance Policy: A unique health insurance plan designed specifically for families that have only one girl child. With an entry age for children between 3 months to 25 years, the age limit for adults is 18 years to 65 years. The policy tenure is 1 year, and the sum insured offered under this policy is Rs.2 lakhs to 8 lakhs with affordable premiums. Apart from providing coverage for hospitalization and medical expenses involving treatment, the policy has provided policyholders with personal accidental cover to injuries as well. The parents of the child are also guaranteed coverage against accidental death and permanent total or partial disablement of body parts, ensuring safety for the girl child. A daily cash benefit is provided in case of hospitalization to meet the daily expenses. The plan covers eleven critical illnesses, enabling the policyholder to get a value of up to 10% of the sum insured of the policy to help them tide any financial crisis during the period of stay in the hospital.
- New India Top-Up Mediclaim Health Insurance Policy: If you are running low on coverage value in your existing health insurance plan, this top-up policy from new India assurance should help you in reclaiming the benefits of health insurance with a higher sum insured. This top-up plan can provide coverage for up to 6 family members with minimum age fixed at 18 years and a sum insured of up to 22 lakhs. The deductible limit is available for policyholders, and if the claim exceeds the deductible limit, the insurer pays the excess claim. It provides coverage for room rent, ICU charges, cataract treatment, Ayush treatments, and pre-existing diseases. With a policy tenure of 1 year, it is required to renew the policy every year by paying the required premium. The policy also offers a get-well benefit of Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 8,000 for the threshold of 5 & 8 Lakhs, respectively. Similarly, the policyholder can also avail the daily hospital cash of Rs. 500 and Rs. 800 for the threshold of Rs 5 & 8 Lakhs respectively maximum for 10 days.
Benefits of New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- New India Health Insurance plans offer a wide range of sum insured, which the policyholders can opt for as per their requirement. The sum insured starts from as low as Rs. 1 lakh and goes up to as high as Rs. 1 crore.
- New India Health Insurance plans offer reinstatement of sum insured benefit which means if the existing sum insured gets exhausted due to the claims during the policy term, then the insurer refills the sum insured amount.
- New India Health Insurance plans come with a lifetime renewability benefit which means there is an age limit to renew the policy.
- New India Health Insurance plans provide a No Claim Bonus for a claim-free year up to a specific limit every year.
- New India Health Insurance plans offer portability benefits which means the policyholder can switch to any New India Health Insurance at the time of renewal if he or she is not satisfied with the existing plan.
Inclusions in New India Health Insurance Plans
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans cover medical expenses incurred towards in-patient hospitalization expenses, including room rent, boarding, nursing expenses, etc.
- Pre-Hospitalization and Post-Hospitalization Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans cover pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, including medical tests, doctor’s consultation fees, and others.
- Road Ambulance charges: New India Health Insurance plans cover road ambulance charges incurred while transferring the insured to the nearest hospital in case of an emergency.
- Daycare treatment charges: New India Health Insurance plans cover medical expenses incurred towards daycare treatments requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Organ Donor Expenses: New India Health Insurance plans cover medical expenses incurred by the organ donor for the organ transplant.
Exclusions in New India Health Insurance Plans
New India Health Insurance plans do not cover the medical expenses incurred for the following:
- Any injury or illness arising from a self-inflicted injury such as deliberate exposure to danger or attempt of suicide.
- Any injury due to participation in adventure sports or hazardous sports of any kind.
- Expenses related to treatment for genetic disorders and stem cell implantation.
- Treatment expenses towards any illness or injury due to participation in any criminal act.
- Any expenses incurred on treatment taken outside India.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusions vary with different health insurance plans offered by the New India Assurance Company, and the policyholders should know them before buying the policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India