Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Reliance General Insurance is one of India’s leading general insurance companies, with insurance products in the health, motor, home, and travel. Intending to make insurance accessible and affordable to all, the company is present across India, with over 130 offices.
Reliance health insurance offers a wide range of policies to choose from, including Individual, Family Floater, Critical Illness, Personal Accident Insurance Plans, etc., depending on the individual’s requirement. In addition, their policies provide a host of benefits such as no-claim bonuses, wellness programs, OPD covers, cashless hospitalization, affordable premiums, and some amazing discounts.
7 Best Reliance Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Hospi Care Insurance Policy: This is the latest policy from Reliance, that provides a lump sum amount to the insured period during the time of hospitalization, along with full coverage for 150+ surgical treatments, daycare procedures, pre, and post-hospitalization procedures, etc. While the policy covers one individual per policy, the age of entry is from 18 years to 65 years, allowing them to choose the policy period ranging from 1, 2 and 3 years. The sum insured options available for policyholders to choose is between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 10 Lakh, based on which the amount of benefits differs for each category. The premiums for the policy are kept affordable and start from Rs. 1,669 along with discounts on buying the policy online, opting for 2 or 3-year policy, renewal rebate, etc.,
- Reliance Health Super Top-up: This top-up policy provides additional coverage to your existing health insurance cover to increase your overall cover during times of emergency. It offers two types of plans – Plan A and Plan B with annual and long-term aggregate deductible facilities. Although a top-up, it packs a host of benefits that include coverage for hospitalization expenses, Domiciliary Hospitalization, maternity cover, organ done expenses, AYUSH treatment, ambulance cover, etc. There are renewal benefits under this policy, in the form of premium waiver, cumulative bonus, health check-up, deductive buybacks, etc., In addition to all these, this policy also offers worldwide emergency cover for hospitalization expenses incurred on treatments that may happen overseas.
- Reliance Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy: From a variety of sum-insured options ranging from Rs 50k to Rs 10 lacs, this is a health plan available on an individual and family floater basis, allowing your entire family also to utilize the policy benefits. Its coverage list includes expenses made towards room rent, ICU charges, medical practitioners fees, OT charges, nursing charges, etc. Daycare procedures, pre and post-hospitalization charges, dental treatments, and emergency ambulance services. For special treatments like Oral chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Intravitreal injections, Robotic surgeries, etc., coverage of up to 50% sum insured is also provided.
- Reliance HealthGain Insurance Policy: This is a popular health insurance plan from Reliance that can be availed on an individual or family floater basis. It offers a host of benefits such as pre and post-hospitalization coverage up to 60 days, coverage for domiciliary hospitalization, ambulance services, daycare treatments, etc. Added to this, a policyholder is eligible for wellness programs, cumulative bonus, no claim bonus, cashless claim, reimbursement claims, and discounts on policy renewals. The highlight of this plan is that In case you exhaust the full amount of sum insured during the policy period, a refill is provided without any extra cost.
- Reliance HealthWise Insurance Policy: If you are looking for a health plan covering all the family members, this is the right health insurance policy. Offered in three Gold, Silver, and Standard variants, the coverage includes pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization, daycare treatments, AYUSH coverage, ambulance costs, organ donor expenses, nursing allowance, etc. An inbuilt critical illness cover is available under the gold plan that pays a lump sum benefit if the insured is diagnosed with any of the critical illnesses listed in the policy document during the term of the policy. Above all these, they also provide a 7% premium discount for adding two girl children under the plan, and if one daughter is covered, the discount shall be 4%. As no claim reward, a 5% premium discount is allowed every year if you have not made any claim in the previous policy year.
- Reliance Health Infinity Insurance Policy: As the name of the policy, this is a health insurance plan with infinite benefits with 1) Moreover – for enhanced sum insured, which provides extra sum insured over the base value, 2) more time- for cover that stays longer, wherein you get 13 months cover on paying a premium for 12 months and 26 months of coverage on paying for 24 months, 3) MoreGlobal – for worldwide emergency hospitalization coverage, which covers medical expenses incurred on hospitalization in India or abroad. While the sum insured for this plan ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 1 crore, the age of entry for the child is 91 days, and for adults, it is 18 years. Under the family plan, a maximum of 8 members – 2 Adults and up to 6 children are allowed. This health plan provides coverage for covid19 treatments as well.
- Reliance Critical Illness Insurance Policy: It has become common for people to encounter critical illnesses early in age due to changing lifestyle habits. This critical illness insurance policy is specifically designed to provide coverage against any life-threatening diseases or critical illnesses that are mentioned in the list. If the policyholder gets diagnosed with any of the covered illnesses, a lump sum shall be paid by the insurer for meeting the expenses towards hospitalization and treatments. A total of 10 critical illnesses like cancer, heart valve replacement, third-degree burns, etc., are covered under this plan. While the sum insured must be chosen between Rs 5, 7, and 10 lakhs, no medical tests must be undertaken for individuals up to 45 years.
Reliance Health Insurance Plan Benefits
- Under Reliance Health Insurance Plans, the base sum insured gets automatically restored once if the existing sum insured gets exhausted during the policy period. This auto-refill option is a huge help and support for policyholders during a medical emergency.
- Reliance health insurance plans come with a lifelong renewability option which means the policyholders can continue with the plan and avail its benefits throughout their lifetime without any break.
- Under the portability option in the Reliance health insurance plan, the policyholders can switch their existing health insurance plan into any health insurance policies of Reliance Insurance without losing their current benefits.
- Reliance health insurance plans are eligible for income tax benefits for the premiums paid and death benefits received under Section 80C and 10 (10D) under the Income Tax Act.
Inclusions in Reliance Health Insurance Policies
- In-Patient Hospitalisation: Reliance health insurance plans cover in-patient hospitalization expenses incurred by the insured if he or she is hospitalized for more than 24 hours. The expenses covered include room rent, boarding, nursing charges, doctor’s fee, blood, oxygen, drugs and medicines, and more.
- Pre- and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Reliance health insurance plans cover medical expenses incurred 30 days prior to hospitalization and within 60 days after the discharge from the hospital.
- Day Care Procedures: Daycare procedures are those which require less than 24 hours of hospitalization. Reliance health insurance policies cover the expenses incurred towards daycare treatment or procedures up to the sum insured limit.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: Expenses incurred towards medical treatment at home in case of the insured person cannot be moved to a hospital or due to unavailability of room in a hospital are covered under Reliance health insurance plans.
- Organ Donor Expenses: The insurer covers the medical expenses incurred towards harvesting the organ from the donor for up to 50% of their sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 lakhs.
Exclusions in Reliance Health Insurance Policies
Reliance health insurance plans do not cover the medical expenses incurred towards the following:
- Cost of contact lenses, spectacles, hearing aids, artificial teeth, dentures, and all other similar external products.
- Treatment of injuries or illnesses due to war or any act of war, acts of foreign enemies, civil war, nuclear or biochemical attack, and more.
- Cosmetic treatments, plastic surgery, or any aesthetic procedure to change appearance unless necessitated by an injury, burns, etc, or prescribed by the physician.
- Treatment of injuries or illnesses due to use, misuse, or abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and related products, drugs, etc
- Injuries or illnesses sustained due to self-inflicting injuries like an attempt to suicide.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusions might vary from plans under Reliance Health Insurance, which the policyholders should know before buying them.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India