Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
With the ever-changing habits of people, there is a growing need to protect their health through health insurance to manage the increasing medical costs. Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company (ABHICL) offers a range of health insurance products that do not provide financial protection for medical emergencies during tough times but also ensure a customer-centric approach is taken in their approach. The company is part of the Aditya Birla Group, which was established as a joint venture of Aditya Birla Capital Limited and MMI Holdings Limited, one of the largest insurance companies in South Africa.
10 Best Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Policy: This is a comprehensive health plan from Aditya Birla open for individuals above 5 years of age with no restriction on maximum age, with the ability to choose the sum insured INR 2 lakhs to INR 2 Cr. The plan offers coverage for 586 daycare procedures, Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathic (AYUSH) treatments as well. Apart from the regular coverage features, it has a wellness rewards program called HealthReturns, which allows you to get up to a 30% discount in premium by earning Activdayz and staying healthy. While policyholders are provided with the flexibility to choose between 1/2/3 policy years, a no claim bonus of 10% of the sum insured for every claim-free year is also provided.
- Activ Assure Diamond + Super Health Topup: A typical top-up policy with a minimum sum insured ranging from Rs.3 lakhs to 95 lakhs, this health insurance plan is aimed at those who wish to increase the medical coverage of their existing medical coverage plan. The policy can be taken on a family floater basis including all the family members. Under this policy, one can avail coverage for daycare treatments and home treatment expenses too. It also facilitates domestic and international emergency assistance services etc., While opting to pay for 2 and 3 years, 7.5% and 10% discounts are offered respectively.
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Policy: This is a plan that comes with an exhaustive list of benefits, especially for those looking at a policy that helps them lead a healthy life. This being a high coverage policy, the sum insured ranges from Rs.10 lakhs to 2 crores, with the entry age fixed above 18 years for adults. It provides coverage for all modern treatments as well as it also offers a chronic management program through Health returns to preserve your health in the future. Hospital cash benefits are also provided for up to 30 days every per policy year for at least 10 days for each claim. It also covers homeopathic, medicinal, nutritional, and mental consultation.
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Essential Policy: Like the name mentions, one can get assured coverage for all the essential medical expenses and treatment. For promoting healthier living, the plan also rewards policyholders for practicing and maintaining good health. While the policy offers the flexibility to choose the hospital room category, it also provides worldwide emergency assistance services to ensure your safety when traveling. The sum insured ranges from Rs50,000 to Rs.10 lakhs to make the policy affordable for many.
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Premiere Policy: A premiere plan offered by Aditya Birla to protect your health and ensure overall well-being with a sum insured of up to 2 crores. It covers post-hospitalization expenses of physiotherapy treatments and covdi19 hospitalization treatments. While offering comprehensive coverage for pre and post-hospitalization expenses for up to 60 days & 180 days, respectively, it also covers modern treatment methods for listed procedures. Also, get 100% unlimited reload for the same and unrelated illness in a policy year.
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Classic Policy: The plan is designed especially for senior citizens, providing comprehensive coverage for your parents. It offers a Comprehensive Health Check-up every policy year, without any additional cost. AYUSH In-patient hospitalization, expenses related to pre and post-hospitalization, domiciliary hospitalization, daycare procedures, etc., are covered under this policy. It can be availed as an individual policy or family floater plan that covers self and spouse. The policy is offered under three different variants – Standard, Classic, and Premier.
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Standard Policy: This is a variant of the Activ care health plan of Aditya Birla, with sum insured in the range of Rs.3lakhs, 4 lakhs, 5 lakhs, 7.5 lakhs, and 10 lakhs. A standard plan offers only the basic essential coverage for its policyholder with no access to domiciliary hospitalization, organ donor expenses, OPD treatment, etc.; the reload of the sum insured is offered once a year, up to 50% of the sum insured.
- Aditya Birla Activ Care Premier Policy: A variant of the Activ care health plan of Aditya Birla, with sum insured in the range of 5 lakhs, 7.5 lakhs, 10 lakhs, and 25 lakhs. It covers the expenses to the maximum during medical emergencies, with a higher sum insured reload of up to 100% every policy year.
- Aditya Birla Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: To provide basic health insurance coverage at affordable premium rates, IRDA had mandated all health insurers to launch a standardized health insurance plan. This plan provides coverage for all daycare procedures, AYUSH In-patient hospitalization, expenses related to pre and post-hospitalization, domiciliary hospitalization, etc., at an affordable premium. Also, it provides a cashless facility at 8700+ network hospitals across India.
- Corona Kavach: This is a COVID specific health plan from Aditya Birla that covers hospitalisation due to coronavirus. Being a short duration plan, the validity is for 3.5 months, 6.5 months, or 9.5 months only. The policy covers hospitalization expenses, home treatment costs, expenses towards PPE Kit, Gloves & Mask, and AYUSH In-patient hospitalization. There is a waiting period of 15 days, and one can buy the policy on an individual or family floater basis.
Benefits of Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans offer lifetime renewability benefits, meaning there is no age restriction as to the maximum age for renewing the existing policy.
- The insurer features a Chronic Management Program, which lets the policyholder manage any chronic conditions like asthma, diabetes, and blood pressure by booking lab tests, ordering medicine, booking consultation, and managing appointments.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans offer Health Return benefits in terms of monetary rewards for staying fit, which can be accumulated over time and redeemed when needed. The health returns can be used to pay for diagnostic tests or pay for medicines, or even save it like a fund to use during an emergency, or pay for the policy premium.
- The insurer offers add-on benefits like wellness coaching for fitness, nutrition, weight management and more, under its health insurance plans.
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans also offer the benefit of a second e-opinion in case of diagnosis of critical illness during the policy term.
Inclusions in Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: Medical expenses incurred towards in-patient hospitalization expenses where the insured gets hospitalized for at least 24 hours are covered under Aditya Birla health insurance plans. These expenses include room rent, nursing, boarding, among others.
- Daycare Treatments: Daycare treatments requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalization, such as sinusitis, dialysis, eye surgery, etc., are covered under Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation Expenses: Treatment taken at home on doctor’s advice or Domiciliary expenses are covered under Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans.
- Emergency Ambulance Cover: Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans cover expenses towards ambulance expenses used for transporting the insured to the hospital.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans cover the medical and surgical expenses related to organ donation.
Exclusions in Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
Aditya Birla Health Insurance plans do not cover healthcare expenses related to the below factors.
- Specific surgeries such as joint replacement, dental surgery, and cosmetic surgery.
- Medical expenses incurred towards treating venereal or Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs).
- Self-inflicting injuries such as the attempt of suicide etc. with and intention of self-harm.
- Injuries due to war, riot, nuclear threats, or strike.
- Injuries due to participation in hazardous activities, unlawful acts, and adventure sports such as paragliding, mountain climbing or any other.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusions vary with different health insurance plans offered by Aditya Birla Health Insurance, and the policyholders should know them before buying the policy.