Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
The Oriental Insurance Company offers a range of health insurance products catering to their different requirements. Founded in 1947, the leading insurer has over 29 regional offices and about 1800 offices across the country. The insurer also operates in Nepal, Dubai, and Kuwait.
Health insurance plans offered by Oriental Insurance company are affordable and carefully designed to suit people from all strata of the society, starting from urban areas to rural areas. Moreover, with its vast network of hospitals, the insurer provides cashless treatment to its policyholders.
5 Best Oriental Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy: This policy can be purchased by individuals as well as for their family members, which includes legally married spouse, parents, dependent children, parents-in-law, and unmarried siblings in case they are financially dependent. The maximum entry age is 65 years, and the available sum insured options range between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 10 lakhs. The policy covers in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization expenses, domiciliary hospitalization expenses, and road ambulance expenses along with daily hospital cash allowance.
- Oriental Super Health Top-Up Policy: The Top-Up health policy offers extra coverage when the existing sum insured gets exhausted due to the claims made in a year. This policy is available with sum insured options ranging from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh with deductibles ranging between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 20 lakhs. The policyholders can opt for the desired one as per the requirement. Under this policy, the insured is covered up to the age of 70 years. In addition, it covers several medical expenses such as pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, daycare expenses, maternity, and newborn baby expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, and organ donor expenses.
- Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy: As the name suggests, Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy is a family floater policy that covers you and your family members aged between 91 days and 65 years. The policy is available in three variants viz., Silver, Gold, and Diamond for sum insured options ranging between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 20 lakhs. The policy offers you several coverage features such as in-patient hospitalization expenses, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization expenses, daily hospital cash allowance, critical illness cover, attendant allowance, ambulance expenses, organ donor expenses, medical second opinion, maternity, and newborn expenses. The policy also offers optional covers like life hardship and survival benefit, restoration or sum insured, and personal accident.
- Oriental Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: It’s an affordable health insurance plan that offers coverage to the insured and his or her family member against medical expenses related to hospitalization due to illness, disease, or an accident. It is available for a tenure of 1 year, and then the policy needs to be renewed. Oriental Arogya Sanjeevani Policy covers individuals aged between 3 months and 65 years for sum insured options starting from Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 5 lakhs in multiples of Rs. 50,000. The policy includes several coverage benefits such as pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, daycare expenses, new age treatments, road ambulance expenses, and AYUSH treatment.
- Oriental Health of Privileged Elders (HOPE) Policy: This policy is specifically designed to cater to senior citizens for specific diseases, accidental injury, and various treatments, which includes knee replacement, chronic renal failure, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, chronic obstructive lung diseases, stroke, benign prostate, orthopedic diseases, Hepato-Biliary Disorders, and Ophthalmic Diseases. The policy also offers coverage to senior citizens for in-patient hospitalization expenses, ambulance expenses, domiciliary hospitalization expenses, amongst others.
Benefits of Oriental Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Health Insurance plan comes with a portability feature wherein if the insured is not satisfied with his or her existing policy; they can port to Oriental health insurance plan without losing any benefits such as waiting for period benefits and No Claim Bonus.
- Oriental Health Insurance plans provide a wide range of sum insured options to the policyholders to choose from, starting from as low as Rs 1 lakh up to as high as Rs 30 lakh, thereby catering to varied requirements of different individuals.
- Oriental Health Insurance plans come with a lifelong renewability benefit option. This means that the policyholders can continue availing the benefits under their Oriental Health Insurance plan for a lifetime provided timely policy renewal.
- Oriental Health Insurance plans offer the benefit of restoration of the sum insured wherein in case the sum insured gets exhausted due to claims during the policy term; then it gets restored.
Inclusions in Oriental Health Insurance Plans
- Pre-Hospitalisation and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Oriental Health Insurance plans cover pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses 30 days prior to hospitalization and 60 days after discharge, respectively. These expenses include tests, medicines, doctor’s consultation fee, etc., before and after the hospitalization.
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: Oriental Health Insurance plans provide coverage for expenses incurred during hospitalization of at least 24 hours. These expenses include room rent charges, nursing and boarding costs, ICU/ICCU charges, Surgeon fee, and expenses for operation theatre, surgical appliances, blood, anesthesia, and medicines.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: Expenses incurred towards road ambulances for transporting insured to the nearest hospital are covered under Oriental Health Insurance plans.
- Daycare Procedures: Oriental Health Insurance plans covers expenses incurred towards daycare procedures that require hospitalization for less than 24 hours, such as chemotherapy, radiology, cataract, and dialysis.
- AYUSH Treatment: The health insurance plans by Oriental Insurance plans cover in-patient hospitalization expenses incurred towards AYUSH treatments such as Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, Homeopathy, amongst others.
Exclusions in Oriental Health Insurance Plans
Oriental Health Insurance plans will not cover any expenses incurred for the following factors:
- Medical expenses incurred towards treating Sexually Transmitted diseases like HIV, AIDS, etc.
- Expenses incurred towards the treatment of illnesses arising due to use, misuse, abuse, alcohol, or any other addictive substance.
- Expenses incurred for treating any injury due to participation in adventure sports such as an injury due to mountain biking, paragliding skiing, etc.
- Medical expenses incurred towards treating injury or illness arising due to attempting or committing any action with the intention of self-harm, such as suicide.
- Medical expenses incurred for treating any injury caused due to an act of war, invasion, mutiny, revolution, or nuclear power damage.
The inclusions and exclusions may vary from one plan to another health insurance plan under Oriental Insurance Company, and policy buyers should know them in detail before buying a plan.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India