United India Health Insurance Plans
United India Health Insurance Plans
United India Insurance Company is counted among the most trustworthy public sector general insurance providers in the country. The insurer provides the best health cover at the most affordable price and offers insurance products across categories, including business insurance, travel insurance, car insurance, and more. The company constantly works towards providing excellent insurance products and customer satisfaction. Moreover, it offers a varied range of health insurance products that are carefully designed to cater to all health cover needs of its customers.
5 Best United India Health Insurance Plans
- Revised Family Medicare Policy: This policy provides cover on an Individual Sum Insured basis for an individual and a family package basis including family comprising of the proposer, spouse, dependent children, and parents, with Individual Sum Insured for each family member. It is available under three plans based on entry age into the policy – Gold, Platinum, and Senior Citizen.
- Revised Individual Health Insurance policy: This policy offers coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre & post-hospitalization, domiciliary hospitalization, organ donor expenses, Ayurvedic treatment, and other medical expenses. It is available for a policy period of 1 year and comes with a varied sum insured options range.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: It is a standard health insurance policy set by the IRDAI that is carefully designed to provide financial assistance during medical emergencies. Available on both individual basis and family floater basis, the plan covers any individual aged between 18 years and 65 years. This policy can be taken for self, spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law and come with sum insured options of Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 5 Lakh. Arogya Sanjeevani policy is available for a period of 1 year and can be renewed for lifetime.
- Corona Kavach Policy: The United India Corona Kavach Health Insurance Plan is a standard insurance policy and helps in fighting COVID-19. This policy comes with wide coverage options ranging between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 5 Lakh (in the multiples of 50,000) and benefits and helps in providing quality treatment and medical care without spending a penny. It is available on an individual or family floater basis to cover the insured, spouse, children, parents, and parents-in-law along with yourself.
- UNI Criticare Policy: This policy is specifically designed to cover critical illnesses. It provides financial assistance when diagnosed with a critical illness and pays out a lump sum amount in the event of diagnosis with any of the covered critical illnesses. The UNI-Criticare policy covers 11 major critical illnesses, which include First Heart Attack, Cancer of Specified Severity, Kidney Failure, Coronary Artery Surgery, Coma of Specified Severity, Heart Valve Replacement, etc.; with a waiting period of 90 days from date of policy inception and a survival period of 30 days from date of diagnosis.
Benefits of United India Health Insurance Plans
- United India Insurance company offers health check-up benefits to its policyholders. At the end of every three claim-free years, the company covers the cost of medical check-up once up to 1% of the average sum insured per insured person subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000.
- The insurer provides a lifetime renewability option to all its policyholders under all its health insurance policies. This allows the policyholders to avail the benefits and offering under the health insurance plans.
- United India Health Insurance plans come with a portability option wherein the policyholders of different insurers can switch to the health insurance plans of United India Health Insurance.
Inclusions in United India Health Insurance Plans
- In-patient Hospitalisation: The insurer covers the medical expenses incurred for the treatment of a covered illness, injury, or any medical condition, requiring hospitalization for at least 24 hours. The coverage includes doctor’s fees, oxygen, blood, nursing charges, medicines, and drugs, etc.
- Pre- and Post-hospitalisation: The insurance provider covers the medical expenses incurred towards the period up to 30 days before hospitalization and up to 60 days after the discharge from the hospital.
- Day Care Procedures: The health insurance by United India Insurance covers daycare procedures conducted with local anesthesia in a hospital or daycare center within 24 hours, requiring no hospitalization. The insurer covers 140 day care procedures.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: The insurance provider covers medical expenses towards treatment at home due to non-availability of room in hospitals or if an individual not being in a condition to be moved to a hospital.
- Ayurvedic Treatment: The insurer covers the medical costs towards ayurvedic treatments if the treatment has been undergone in a Government Hospital or in any Institute recognized by the Government and/or accredited by the Quality Council of India/National Accreditation Board on Health.
Exclusions in United India Health Insurance Plans
- Vitamins and Tonics: The insurer will not cover medical expenses incurred on vitamins and tonics unless they are part of the treatment and prescribed by the attending doctor.
- Alternative Treatments: The expenses incurred on alternative treatments such as acupressure, acupuncture, naturopathy treatment, experimental and unproven treatments, or therapies are not covered under United India Health Insurance Plans.
- Warlike Situations: The insurer will not cover the treatment expenses for any injury or illness directly or indirectly caused due to any war, warlike situations, an act of invasion, riots, or any act of the foreign enemy.
- Alcohol or Drug Abuse: Medical expenses incurred on the treatment of any injury or illness caused under the influence of alcohol and/or drug abuse will not be covered by the insurer.
- Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery: The expenses arising due to cosmetic or plastic surgery towards change in appearance, weight loss procedure, aesthetic treatment, unless necessitated by accident and prescribed by the doctor, are not covered under the United India Health insurance plans.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusion may vary from plan to plan under United India Health Insurance plans, and the policy buyers should know them in detail.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits
- Preventive Health Check-Ups and Income Tax Deductions in India