Star Health Insurance vs Max Bupa Health Insurance
Medical emergencies do not come with any advance warning. Given the lifestyle, eating habits and environmental conditions today, good health insurance has become a necessity rather than a choice. But to ensure your policy meets your protection needs, compare different plans before buying one.
Check the detailed Star Health Insurance and Max Bupa comparison below and purchase a plan that best suits you.
|Star Health Insurance||Max Bupa|
|Number of health insurance plans||11||10+|
|E-services||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement, online doctor consultation and expert support||Policy purchase, renewal, claim settlement and online consultation|
|Incurred claims ratio||53%||54%|
|Claim settlement time||90% cashless claims settlement within 2 hours||30 mins for cashless claim settlement|
|Hospital network||More than 9,900||More than 4,500|
|Customers served since inception||16.9 crore||More than 2.9 crore|
Health Insurance Policy: Star Health Insurance VS Max Bupa
Star Health Insurance was founded in 2006. It offers 11 policies covering individual, family, senior citizens, diabetes, cardiac care, COVID-19 plans, etc.
Max Bupa was founded in 2008 and has a good reputation in the insurance sector. The company has specific health care policies, including individual, family, wellness, critical care, COVID-19 plans, etc.
Go through each point of Star Health Insurance and Max Bupa policy comparison and take your pick.
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance covers you and your family in its individual and family floater plans with the following features:
- Available for people between 18 and 65 years of age
- Protects you, your partner and three dependent kids, between 3 months and 25 years of age
- Covers expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, delivery and newborn, organ donation, health check-ups, AYUSH treatment and others
- Provides cover for accidental and permanent total disablement
- Includes benefits like air ambulance and second medical opinion
- Offers 100% automatic renewal of the sum insured, subject to terms and conditions
Max Bupa offers health insurance plans to financially safeguard you and your family. The important features of the plan include:
- Offers different categories of health policies like HEALTH COMPANION, GOACTIVE, HEALTH PREMIA, etc. with varied coverage
- Includes basic costs like pre-and post-hospitalisation, alternate treatment, day-care procedures, in-patient care, emergency ambulance, health check-ups, maternity and newborn care etc.
- Covers higher benefits like a daily health coach, home healthcare services, second opinion, OPD consultation, mental health treatment, international coverage, etc. in its superior plans
- Offers automatic policy renewal, along with a co-payment feature for some plans
- Provides customised plans for large-size families
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance has a special critical illness policy. Some features are:
- Includes nine specific critical illnesses such as cancer, chronic kidney disease, brain surgery, major organ transplant, irreversible paraplegia etc.
- Offers lump sum payment on diagnosis of a critical illness
- Covers regular hospitalisation costs and ambulance charges
- Provides coverage for non-allopathic treatments also
- Permits life-long renewal
- Offers direct claim settlement with no third-party involvement
Max Bupa has a CritiCare plan to protect you and your family. Important features include:
- Includes 20 critical diseases like cancer, multiple sclerosis, loss of speech, major organ transplant etc.
- Offers cover up to Rs. 2 crores for two people
- Allows no-penalty cancellation within 15 days of policy purchase
- Provides rebate on two-three year-long policies
- Provides daily cash payment to the family
- Offers direct claim settlement. No third-party involvement
- Allows life-long renewal policy renewal
Affordable Health Insurance Plans
Star Health Insurance offers affordable plans with low-premium, high coverage. Here are the details:
- Available on a floater basis
- Covers ambulance charges, day-care procedures, pre-and post-hospitalisation and specific diseases
- Accessible by everyone aged between 5 months and 65 years of age
- Offers life-long renewal option
Max Bupa has a Money Saver plan for your needs. Key features include:
- Offers cover ranging from Rs. 10.5 lakh to Rs. 1 crore with affordable annual premiums
- Covers two adults and four children
- Includes pharmacy and diagnostic services, e-consultation, in-patient care, emergency ambulance, health check-ups, day-care treatment, etc.
- Provides refill benefit
Take time to evaluate your healthcare needs and buy a policy accordingly. Read all the terms and conditions properly before taking your decision. Ensure that it fits your requirements. For guidance, you can get help to buy health insurance online.