HDFC ERGO Health Insurance vs ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
Appalled by the rising medical costs in India? Do you want a policy that can cover your healthcare expenses meaningfully? Reliable health insurance financially guards you against medical emergencies. It securely provides for your healthcare needs. But it is important to purchase a policy only after in-depth analysis because the particular policy has to be suited to you. So, understand the difference between HDFC ERGO and ICICI Lombard health insurance before you buy a plan.
HDFC ERGO VERSUS ICICI Lombard Health Insurance – Overview
|Parameter||HDFC ERGO||ICICI Lombard|
|Number of health insurance plans||6+||5+|
|E-services||Insurance purchase, renewal, claim settlement and live chat||Insurance purchase, renewal, claim settlement and live chat|
|Incurred claims ratio||62%||76%|
|Claim settlement time||20 mins for cashless claim settlement||3.5 claims settled every minute|
|Hospital network||More than 10,000||More than 6,500|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) Annual Report 2018-19
HDFC ERGO VERSUS ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
HDFC ERGO has been dedicatedly serving customers since 2002. The company offers several insurance plans such as individual, family, senior citizens, critical illness, COVID-19, etc.
Established in 2001, ICICI Lombard offers several types of insurance policies. Its health covers include a complete health plan, personal protect policy, health booster, Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, COVID-19 cover etc.
The following information will help you evaluate based on a comprehensive analysis of HDFC ERGO VERSUS ICICI Lombard health insurance:
Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans
HDFC ERGO has a solid protection plan for you and your family members. Important features include:
- Available for anyone above 18 years of age, with no upper limit
- Includes expenses like pre-and post-hospitalisation, in-hospital, day-care procedures, AYUSH treatment, cashless home healthcare, organ donor expenses etc.
- Covers mental healthcare expenses and free health check-ups
- Permits healthy individuals up to 45 years of age to take a policy without a medical test
- Delivers financial support in case of hospitalisation for ten or more days continuously
- Offers lifetime renewability
ICICI Lombard offers a complete health insurance plan to keep your family secure against medical uncertainties. Key features include:
- Available for people above six years of age, with no upper age limit
- Allows insurance of children between three months and five years in the same plan
- Includes expenses such as hospitalisation, day-care surgeries, pre-and post-hospitalisation, emergency ambulance etc.
- Offers value-added services like online doctor consultation, wellness program, free health check-ups and e-consultations
- Covers alternative AYUSH treatments
- Allows policy reset with 100% sum assured
- Provides lifetime renewability option
Critical Illness Insurance Plans
HDFC ERGO offers optimum coverage for critical illnesses. Important features are:
- Offers two plans, Silver and Platinum, each with unique benefits
- Includes 15 critical illnesses like cancer, stroke, multiple sclerosis, paralysis, heart valve replacement, kidney failure, etc. in the Platinum plan
- Provides lump sum benefit
- Covers regular hospital expenses
- Provides lifetime renewability option
ICICI Lombard provides a critical illness cover with the following features:
- Covers nine specified critical ailments like cancer, a stroke causing permanent symptoms, heart attack, kidney failure, open chest CABG, major organ transplant, etc.
- Offers lump sum payment upon the first diagnosis of the specified critical disease
COVID-19 Insurance Plans
ICICI Lombard and HDFC ERGO offer a specialised COVID-19 health insurance policy. It is called the CORONA KAVACH. The plan has been specifically designed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to address your insurance needs during the pandemic.
The two insurers offer all features as mandated by IRDAI. To know the difference between HDFC ERGO and ICICI Lombard health insurance for COVID-19 policy, check their general credibility.
General features of CORONA KAVACH include:
- Available for people aged between 18 and 65 years
- Offers sum insured between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 5 lakhs
- Covers hospital room rent, surgery costs, nursing expenses, specialist fees, pre-and post-hospitalisation, home care treatment and AYUSH treatment for a COVID-19 patient
- Provides road ambulance facility
- Grants a daily hospital cash cover, subject to specific terms
- Allows cashless treatment across the insurer’s hospital network
Be wise when you choose a provider because a health insurance policy acts as your financial cover in demanding situations. If you have any insurance-related queries or want expert advice, connect with professional insurance agents.
Hdfc Ergo Vs Icici Lombard Health Insurance Plan
Why do I need a critical illness cover?
Given the changing lifestyle, modern living habits, unhealthy eating and the environmental conditions today, you are at a high risk of contracting a critical disease. A critical illness cover acts as a financial shield for you and your family amidst hard-times. The policy pays for the treatment of your disease.
Whom to contact to make a claim?
In case of a claim, inform your healthcare insurance provider immediately. You can intimate the insurer via telephone, email, etc. Once the claim is received, the insurance company will assign a unique number for reference. After the claim is approved, the amount is paid.
Can I make more than one claim for the same or other critical illness?
No, you can only make one critical illness claim during the entire policy tenure.