Steps to Check Status of Postal Life Insurance Policy Online
The advanced technology these days is aiming to encourage more and more people to purchase a Postal Life Insurance Policy. People earlier used to refrain from such schemes due to the difficulty to get a postal life insurance policy status and PLI policy details. However, now everything is streamlined and easy for the policyholder.
Not just checking the Postal Life Insurance Policy Status, paying premiums for the same has become easier. How? Before we answer this big question, let us enlighten you with what is a PLI scheme?
What is a PLI or Postal Life Insurance?
PIL or Postal Life Insurance is a profitable scheme offered by the government to offer you higher returns on your life insurance plan premium.
The best thing about this scheme is that one may get a sum assured of up to Rs. 50 lakhs. Some of the key features of a PLI scheme are as follows:
- Easy Nomination Facility
- Loan Facility
- Quick Policy Revival
- Convenient Policy Conversion
- Duplicate Recovery of Lost Policy Documents
How is a PLI different from a Traditional Life Insurance Plan?
Unlike the traditional Life Insurance Policy, a PLI or Postal Life Insurance Policy is offered only to the employees of the Central and State Governments, Public Sector Enterprises under the State and Central Government, Universities, Local Bodies, and Government Aided Educational Institutes by the Government of India.
What are the Benefits of a PLI Policy?
Listed below are some of the benefits of a PLI scheme:
- PLI scheme is also available for employees in the Indian postal department who are still temporary.
- Postal Life Insurance Policy gives significant coverage to people living in the rural regions, regardless of whether they are government employees or not.
- A person is not barred from the benefits of a PLI scheme if he/she quits the government job.
- Postal Life Insurance Policy also offers coverage to the spouse of the policyholder, even if they are not a government employee.
- Under a PLI scheme, customers can avail themselves of the dual benefits of whole-life insurance and endowment assurance.
What are the Different Types of PLI Schemes?
There are 6 different types of PLI schemes available for government employees to invest in and they are as follows:
- Bal Jeevan Bima PLI Scheme: This one is a child policy, as suggested by its name. The maximum sum assured offered in this scheme is up to 3 lakhs.
- Santosh PLI Scheme: It is an endowment policy available to policyholders with a minimum age of 19 and maximum age of 55. The sum assured in this PLI scheme can be between 20,000 and 50 lakhs.
- Sumangal PLI Scheme: It is an anticipated endowment policy where age is not a bar. The sum assured in this PLI scheme is up to 50 lakhs.
- Suraksha PLI Scheme: It is whole life insurance available to policyholders with a minimum age of 19 and maximum age of 55. The sum assured in this scheme can be between 20,000 to 50 lakhs.
- Suvidha PLI Scheme: It is a convertible whole life insurance PLI scheme offered to people aged between 19 years and 55 years. The minimum sum assured in this scheme can be Rs. 20,000, while the maximum limit can be up to 50 lakhs.
- Yugal Suraksha PLI Scheme: It is a joint-life endowment policy offered to people aged between 19 years and 55 years. The minimum sum assured offered in this PLI scheme is Rs. 20,000, while the maximum limit goes up to Rs. 1 lakh.
What is a Postal Life Insurance Policy Status?
Due to lack of awareness, several policyholders indulge in tiresome ways of inquiring about their PLI status check by policy no. either on phone or by standing in long queues in some Post Office.
They are not aware that PLI status check can be done online too. With the expansion of digitalization, everything is going online. A policyholder can easily track the PLI status using online mediums such as email and website. Once you know the methods, you can easily get your PLI policy details and PLI complaint status in your hand within a few minutes in a hassle-free manner.
How to Enquire PLI Status via Email?
Checking the postal life insurance policy status online is very simple and can be done via email. For this, you need to send a request via email to email@example.com to get accurate information about your PLI status. Once you send an email to this email ID, you are most likely to also receive all the latest updates about your PLI policy.
How to Enquire Postal Life Insurance Status Online via Official Website of Indian Post?
Let’s see how to check the PLI policy status online through the official website of Indian Post.
- Log in on the official website of Indian Post www.indiapost.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Customer Care’ option.
- Pick the ‘Complaint Registration Option’ from the drop-down menu list.
- Select the ‘Postal Insurance’ option and fill-up the form with your query to get your PLI policy status check.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how easy it is to check a postal life insurance policy status and even pay premiums for such policies online. We assume you won’t hesitate to purchase this policy if you are a government employee. A detailed study of different schemes under PLI would make you take a guided decision to get the maximum savings for yourself and your family.
What are the other ways to check the status of your insurance policy?
There are other ways to check the status of your policy.
• If you have any queries regarding your policy, you can send a mail to the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org
• By dialing the toll-free number 1800 180 5232, 155232, you can also reach out. You can also call their landline number 011 24673177.
• You may send your queries via post to the below-mentioned address:
Chief General Manager,
Directorate of Postal Life Insurance,
Chanakyapuri Post Office Complex, Ist Floor,
New Delhi – 110021
How do I download my post office life insurance statement?
You can download your statement in the below-mentioned ways.
1. First, you need to visit the official website of https://pli.indiapost.gov.in/
2. Now Log in and go to Tools & Utilities
3. Then, move to payment history
4. Now, provide policy no
5. Now, click on get payment history
6. And, finally, download the receipt
How can I get a customer ID?
First, you need to visit the PLI page of India Post official website.
1. Next, click on the “Generate Customer ID” link.
2. Now, you need to enter your policy number, mobile number etc. on the form that will appear
3. Enter all the details and click on “Submit“
4. Now, you will get a Customer ID.
Are the customer ID and account number the same?
An account number is used to link sales records with customer records. On the other hand, a customer ID is a unique identifier. An account number may or may not be unique.
What is the primary difference between Postal Life Insurance and other insurance schemes?
PLI (Postal Life Insurance) is exactly like any other Life Insurance company, for example, LIC or ICICI Pru Life Insurance. But this is managed and supervised by Post Office. At present, PLI offers only traditional insurance plans. It doesn’t offer any term insurance or ULIPs.
Can employees from the private sector apply for the RPLI post office scheme?
Private sector employees may apply for schemes under rural postal life insurance.
What is a postal life insurance app?
Postinfo is a citizen-centric android Mobile application of the Department of Posts developed by the Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology. The app offers the following facilities:
2. Post office search
3. Postage Calculator
4. Insurance premium calculator
5. Interest calculator
What is postal life insurance for government employees?
This scheme is designed by the Government of India for people working in public sectors, government offices, banks, education institutions, autonomous bodies, etc. The maximum sum assured amount under Postal Life Insurance is Rs 50 lakhs. This amount will be paid to the beneficiary upon the insured's death, ensuring high premiums return.