How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine For People Above 18 Years In India
The gruesome COVID-19 pandemic has hit everyone mentally, physically, and emotionally. Though the government has imposed lockdowns and other COVID-19 protocols to curb the spread of the virus, the vaccines are the most effective to combat this lethal pandemic. Initially, two COVID-19 vaccines (Covaxin that has been developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield that has been developed by the Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India) are available in the Indian market and the country has started to inoculate its medical fraternities and all frontline workers from 16th January 2021.
After seeing the massive destruction during the second COVID-19 wave, the government has started COVID-19 registration for vaccination to those who are above 18 years from May 1, 2021. The vaccine registration for 18 + began on 28th April 2021 at 4 pm on the Co-WIN portal and Aarogya Setu app. Initially, walk-ins for COVID-19 registration vaccine for 18+ are not allowed, only those above 45 years can go for onsite COVID-19 vaccination registration. The government has made it compulsory for the 18-44 age groups to register themselves on the Co-WIN portal, Aarogya Setu app, and UMANG App. For all COVID vaccine registration 18 +, everyone needs to take a prior appointment before inoculation.
Let’s take a look at how to register for COVID vaccination.
How to do 18+ COVID Vaccine Registration on the CO-WIN portal?
- First, log on to the cowin.gov.in portal by entering your mobile number
- After receiving OTP, enter it and click on the “verify” button
- This will take you to the vaccine registration page where you need to choose any of your photo ID proof
- Provide your name, age, gender, and then, upload your photo ID document and click on the register button
- Once your registration is completed, the system will display the account details
- By clicking on the “add more” option, a person can add three more beneficiaries under the same mobile number
- Now, click on the “schedule appointment” button
- You can choose your nearby vaccination center by entering your locality, block, and pin
- The available dates will be displayed
- Finally, click on the book button
Once your booking is done, you will receive a confirmation message that you need to show at your vaccination center.
What is the Procedure for Aarogya Setu Vaccine Registration for 18 + years?
Now, let’s take a look at how to register through the Aarogya Setu app.
- Open the Aarogya Setu app on the homepage and open the ‘CO-WIN’ tab
- Under the ‘CO-WIN’ tab, you will get 4 options (Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, and Vaccination Dashboard)
- By visiting the Vaccination Tab, you can click on the ‘Register Now’ option
- Enter your mobile number and check the process to verify it
- Now, enter OTP and click again to proceed to verify
- You need to upload your photo ID verification
- You also need to provide other details like age, gender, date of birth, etc.
- You can add up to 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app
- By entering your state, block, and pin code, you can choose a nearby vaccination center
- Your vaccination available dates will be displayed and then, you need to select the book option
- Once your registration is completed, you will get the booking details on the SMS
How to register through UMANG App?
Let’s take a look at online COVID-19 registration through the UMANG app.
- First, you need to install the UMANG app.
- By entering your mobile number, start the registration process
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number, now, click on the register option.
- Click on “register now” for vaccinations. It will be marked in red.
- Now click on “register or login for vaccination”.
- After entering your mobile number, you will get an OTP on your mobile number. Enter it and “verify”.
- Provide all the details and then click on the “submit” button
- Then schedule your vaccination appointment
Dos and Don’ts for Citizens Before/After Vaccination:
What you should do:
- Register and book your vaccination appointment in advance
- Register online through Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu OR UMANG platform
- Register with only one phone number
- Carry the ID card that you have used for registration at the time of vaccination
- Select your nearest vaccination center online from Co-WIN OR Aarogya Setu or Umang at your convenient
- Reach the vaccination center on the specified date and time
- Wait for 30 minutes after vaccination at your center
- If you have experienced any side effects inform your center within 30 minutes
- Inform Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 (Toll-free- 1075) in case of any side effect you have noticed after leaving the center
- Follow all COVID-19 protocols and wear masks even after your vaccination
What you shouldn’t do:
- No walk-ins without a prior appointment
- Don’t register on multifarious platforms
- Don’t register using multiple phone numbers and multiple ID proof
- Don’t consume alcohol and other abusive substances on the day of vaccination
The Bottom Line
These are some processes by which you can complete your vaccine registration against the COVID-19. Till now, India has vaccinated nearly 148 crore people. More than 80% of the adult population has received the first dosage of vaccine and 65% of adults received both dosages. To prevent the new Omicron variant and the third wave, the government has sped up its vaccination process, and nearly 96 lakh people have inoculated in the last 24 hours. The government has also started vaccinating 15-18 years kids from 3rd January 2022 so that they can also stay safe and healthy during this pandemic.
Since corona cases are rising hurriedly over the past few days, hence corona health insurance policies have also become inevitable like the vaccines. These types of policies compensate for all your COVID-19 treatment expenses including hospitalization, domiciliary expenses, ambulance costs, medications, and many more.
You can buy policies like Corona Rakshak, Corona Kavach, and other COVID-19 specific policies to strengthen your protection against this deadly virus.