A Detailed Guide To AYUSH Health Insurance And Its Benefits
India is home to ancient and natural practices like Ayurveda, Yoga, and Unani. For ages, people have cured themselves with the power of Ayurveda and Yoga. Taking forward the power of all such holistic practices, in the year 2014, the Government of India established the Ministry of AYUSH. The aim was to implement the holistic healthcare approach with effective AYUSH treatments. So, what is AYUSH? AYUSH is the abbreviation that stands for Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy treatment methods related to health.
AYUSH is a successful alternative healthcare treatment system that utilizes the power of natural ingredients that are 100% safe for the body to absorb. AYUSH treatments are effective and perhaps this is the reason that IRDAI has also asked various health insurance companies to provide coverage for AYUSH treatments in India.
Let us help you understand the significance of AYUSH Premium in healthcare services in India. We will also talk about the benefits of getting AYUSH health insurance and the best insurers offering insurance plans to cover AYUSH treatments.
What is the Significance of AYUSH in Healthcare in India?
More than 50 big and small hospitals across the country are now accredited to offer effective and less harmful AYUSH medical treatments. All the treatments labeled under AYUSH Premium are tried and tested. They can be used as supportive therapies simultaneously with the mainstream treatments like dialysis, chemotherapy, and so on.
The Ministry of AYUSH by the Government of India has also recommended the use of several products of the AYUSH Company. You can easily go through the AYUSH Premium Products List available online to purchase them. Besides, you can get an AYUSH Premium Certified Company List online to purchase a product from the company.
What are the Benefits of AYUSH Treatment?
Why are we recommending you to get a health insurance policy with an AYUSH medical cover? We have reasons for it, so let us disclose some of the main benefits of AYUSH treatment for you to understand our recommendation better:
1. Holistic Approach: AYUSH treatment is a holistic approach towards healthcare that focuses on complete wellbeing and health.
2. Effective Dealing with Lifestyle Issues: Be it drug addiction or addiction to tobacco or alcohol; you can trust AYUSH treatments to deal with such harmful lifestyle issues.
3. Effective Dealing with Lifestyle Diseases: Likewise, you can trust the AYUSH medical system to cure your lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity, blood pressure issues, and so on.
4. Best Treatment for the Elderly: Unlike the younger generation, elderly people may not be able to withstand the side effects of mainstream healthcare treatments. Their bodies are aged and worn out, so AYUSH treatments are just perfect for elderly people.
5. Affordable and Less Harmful: AYUSH treatments are known to be more affordable and less harmful for people of all age groups.
What is not covered under AYUSH Treatment?
Just in case, you are curious to know what all is not covered under the AYUSH scheme, we have the following things that are not covered under this scheme:
1. All pre-and post-hospitalization expenses are not covered under the AYUSH scheme.
2. All OPD and Day-Care treatment expenses are excluded from the AYUSH treatment scheme.
3. All rejuvenation or preventive treatments are not covered under AYUSH Premium.
4. Hospitalization for less than 24 hours will not be covered under AYUSH health insurance.
Why choose Health Insurance with AYUSH Medical Cover?
Buying health insurance with AYUSH medical cover has several benefits.
Let us learn the importance of choosing health insurance with AYUSH cover:
1. AYUSH medical cover will ensure you get the most effective treatments to manage your current health issue.
2. AYUSH health insurance would be beneficial if you are not able to find good hospitals in remote rural areas of India because at such places you can easily find AYUSH practitioners.
3. Do get health insurance with the AYUSH scheme for elderly people because their bodies may not withstand mainstream medical treatments.
4. The cost of AYUSH treatment is comparatively lower than other medical treatments.
5. In the current scenario, an AYUSH treatment is ideal to deal with lifestyle diseases like obesity, back or neck pain, and so on in people of almost all age groups.
Who is Eligible to Avail AYUSH Treatment?
There are as such, no eligibility criteria to avail an AYUSH medical treatment in India. However, if you want to get health insurance cover for such treatments, we would advise you to confirm the same with your insurance company. You must inquire whether your health insurance plan provides cover for AYUSH treatments or not. It is highly recommended to purchase a health insurance plan with AYUSH cover for senior citizens to avail the various benefits of the scheme.
Top Health Insurance Companies offering AYUSH Treatment
Now, let us acquaint you with the list of top health insurance companies offering an AYUSH treatment:
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
These were the best companies offering AYUSH Health Insurance. You can also choose AYUSH cover from other companies offering coverage for AYUSH treatment.
This article was aimed to enlighten you with all your concerns related to the AYUSH Scheme. We assume you have got the answer to what is AYUSH Treatment and why it is important to get AYUSH health insurance? Besides just purchasing a health insurance plan with an AYUSH cover, we strongly recommend you to try using exceptional AYUSH health care products available in the market.