Which automobile insurance does Tata auto insurance cover?
The main purpose of motor insurance is to protect your vehicle against any damage or loss. Considering factors like the increasing number of cars, traffic, and the probability of accidents that happen on roads, the Government of India has made it a mandatory requirement to carry vehicle insurance to drive on road legally. There are hefty penalties if a vehicle owner is caught without insurance while driving his vehicle.
Tata AIG motor insurance ensures the safety of your vehicle with its protection plans and various add-on coverages. Whether you are buying a new plan or renewing, whether you have a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler expert assistance from Tata motor insurance, assures the maximum benefit from your vehicle insurance.
Types of Tata AIG Motor Insurance
Motor vehicle insurance is an agreement between the vehicle owner and the insurance provider which promises to cover damages to the third party, vehicle, or even the owner. It can be classified into different categories based on the type of vehicle, the purpose of the use of the vehicle, and the coverage offered. Let us now understand which automobile insurance does Tata motor insurance covers:
Based on Type of Vehicle
- Two-Wheeler Insurance: There is a sudden rise in the number of two-wheelers on road owing to the freedom it gives from travelling in public transport or getting stuck in traffic jams. A convenient mode of transport, it also requires protection against accidents, damages, natural disasters, and theft. The coverage and extent of the insurance depend on the type of two-wheeler. Tata motor insurance company provides online two-wheeler insurance in a transparent and hassle-free process. It offers various add-ons which cover hospital charges and extends to pillion riders also. To avoid the hassle of renewing insurance every year, you can also opt for long-term two-wheeler insurance which extends up to 2-3 years.
- Car Insurance: Car insurance secures your car and you from any unforeseen damages caused by accidents, calamities, or theft. If you are a car owner, having at least third-party insurance is mandatory in India, which helps in reducing financial liability due to any third-party damage. Before finalizing a car insurance policy, always check what is included and what is not included in your car insurance, compare quotes from multiple insurers, check the claim settlement ratio- the higher the better and add-on covers offered. Tata motor insurance for four-wheelers offers policies matching various budgets and needs. The term for car insurance is only 1 year.
- Used Car Insurance: Many insurance companies in India provide insurance for used cars depending on their age, value, condition, ownership, and important documents required to transfer the ownership of the car. When you purchase a second-hand car, you can either transfer the existing insurance in your name if it has not expired or otherwise you can purchase new insurance for your used car.
Based on the purpose of the Vehicle
Motor insurance is also classified according to the purpose of use of the vehicle. So there are plans available for private vehicles as well as commercial vehicles. Private motor insurance is the same as explained above, let us now look at commercial motor insurance.
A commercial vehicle is a vehicle used for commercial or business purposes. There are various types of commercial vehicles that can be covered under a commercial motor insurance plan.
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance: These vehicles include taxis, cabs, auto-rickshaws, school buses, and private buses. Insurance is a must for such vehicles because these are the livelihood source for many families and have the responsibility of carrying passengers. Commercial vehicle insurance ensures that they are protected against any loss due to any unfortunate happening. Tata AIG provides insurance for all kinds of passenger-carrying vehicles with extra benefits offered through add-on covers. For instance, Tata AIG auto rickshaw insurance covers third-party losses, accidents, theft, fire, or loss to the driver and owner.
- Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance: These are vehicles that transport goods from one place to another including trucks, tempos, and lorries. As these are large vehicles they pose more risk and incur more expenses. Commercial vehicle insurance for such vehicles not only protects the vehicle, driver, or owner but also covers any damage to goods due to a mishap or theft. Three-wheelers or auto-rickshaws also can be covered under this category as they are often used for carrying goods for smaller distances or within a city. Tata AIG auto rickshaw insurance covers your vehicle and protects you against any potential business risks also.
- Miscellaneous and Special Vehicle Insurance: These are also commercial vehicles used for special purposes like farming, construction, and mining, etc. Commercial vehicle insurance is necessary for such vehicles because it not only covers damage due to accident, theft, or a calamity but also covers the cost of accessories and parts.
Based on the coverage offered
On the basis of coverage, the most common type of motor insurance is third-party insurance. It covers liability to a third-party person, vehicle, or property. Third-party insurance can be upgraded to cover losses due to fire and theft also. Comprehensive insurance covers both third-party liability and own liability.
Key Features of Tata AIG Motor Insurance Plans
Tata AIG is a top-notch insurance company in the auto insurance sector. It allows its customers to get motor insurance in just a few steps. Tata AIG auto insurance renewal is even easier and can be done online without any paperwork. Anyone can easily purchase a Tata AIG motor insurance online just by entering their details and choosing the type of coverage required. Some important features of Tata AIG auto insurance are:-
- Affordable Premiums
- Claim assistance
- High claim settlement ratio
- A huge network of garages offering cashless repairs
- Third-party damage cover
- Own damage cover
- No claim bonus
- Add-on covers for additional protection
All these features make Tata auto insurance the best choice for all types of auto insurance requirements.