How to Secure Your Car with the Best Third-Party Car Insurance Online?
Third-party car insurance is the cheapest type of insurance for cars, but it is also the most complicated. This article is not about how to find cheap car insurance for your vehicle; it’s all about making sure you’re fully protected.
What is third-party Car Insurance?
Third-party car insurance refers to the protection you get against the liability of the vehicle in case of an accident. It covers you against damage to a third party’s property, injury, or death sustained by other people in the case of an accident.
The type of cover that this insurance provides is at an extra cost over and above your car insurance. It comes in different forms like collision, comprehensive, disabled damage, etc., which are indicated when you find a particular third-party insurance policy. That way, you will choose one that works best for you and pay only for what is necessary.
What is third-party Car Insurance in India?
- When a car in India is bought, it requires third-party insurance. This is because there will be cases when the vehicle has to be parked on the side of the road, and the chances of it being damaged are very high. In such a situation, this type of insurance will come in handy and save you from paying any money for damage or injuries caused to the third person.
- You may also need to pay for damages caused to your vehicle. If somebody else’s vehicle crashes into you, then you don’t have the option of selecting the kind of cover you want.
There are five essential parts to third-party car insurance that you want to know about: cover, costs, excess, what happens after an accident, and claims. Read on for more information on how these work and why they’re so important, and tips on how to save money where possible too!
- Cover: Your level of cover defines the sum insured about the value of your vehicle. This means that the higher the cover, the more you can pay out in an accident if it happens to you.
- Costs: Once the value of your car is reached under certain circumstances, then a specific amount of money will be paid into your account for each month until you have paid off all of the costs. This is called a ‘claim.’ Some policies have a ‘hidden’ black mark, meaning that an extra amount will be deducted each month for this period.
- Excess: An excess protects you from paying too much for your cover with a limit on how much you can claim. It is based on how much your vehicle costs and what kind of cover you choose.
- Accidents: After an accident, your insurance company will not pay out more than the amount of cover you have chosen. This means that your car will have to be repaired before you can get additional compensation.
What happens after an Accident?
Your insurance company is responsible for ensuring that you get all of the money you are entitled to after a car accident. This may be in the form of a single payment or many payments over several months or years. You’ll need to contact them for details and claim forms.
There are many tips you may want to apply when applying for third-party car insurance online in India. Such as:
- Use the best third-party insurance plan. It will be cheaper than the other plans that are available in the market. Just remember that you need to choose wisely among the different options that are given to you. You can always get discounts if you buy directly from the manufacturer.
- Many online insurance companies keep changing their names and policies often, so you need to compare between various companies before buying your car insurance policy.
Best third party car insurance online in India
There are many types of third-party car insurance; you can even go for one specifically designed for your vehicle. Most people thought they would go for the best deal available, called an ‘all-inclusive’ policy. All-inclusive covers everything and will also give you the option of having a tailor-made cover depending on your needs; it is thus much cheaper than other policies that are not all-inclusive.
You need to know that auto insurance companies like First Indiabulls (FIBL Health Insurance) take care of third-party car insurance. FIBL Health Insurance offers Health Insurance (Medical) cover, including hospitalization and Medical Expenses cover.
If you are looking for online third-party car insurance quotes in India, you should use this elementary online third-party insurance calculator. The steps involved are:
- Enter your vehicle details and select your options.
- Under ‘Check,’ select ‘Get an instant quote’ and enter information about yourself and vehicle details. This is done to determine what you or your car is covered for in the event of an accident.
- Select ‘Get a free Quote’ to get your instant quote or go through with anything else you want to do with the calculator.
Cheapest Third Party Car Insurance online in India
Third-party car insurance used to be quite expensive, but now it is much cheaper than before. You can get your policy for just Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000, depending on your select cover. This is generally paid as an annual premium. Hence you will need to pay the first year premium every year except for the last full year of the policy.
When you are looking for the cheapest third-party car insurance online in India, there are several things to consider. These include:
- The vehicle you wish to buy/own. Many people apply for third-party car insurance for bikes or two-wheelers before buying them. You also have to make sure that your policy comes with comprehensive and collision coverage and other costs involved like: fines and penalties and interest on delay etc.
- Be sure to check if your policy comes with a certain amount of personal accident cover and medical costs coverage. Although these may not be included in third-party policies, it’s very much worth mentioning because you never know when an accident will happen.
Third-Party Car insurance Online or Offline?
It is really up to you whether you want to buy your third-party car insurance online or offline. If you choose an online car insurance policy, it will be cheaper, and you will save a lot of money. At the same time, it would be much easier because you won’t have to worry about finding an insurance provider and collecting information from different shops and comparing prices. The other advantage is that there would not be any hassles like getting quotes and paying premiums etc.