How to Cover the Engine with a Newly Purchased Car
The engine is the most crucial and expensive part of your car and needs utmost care. Regular maintenance is required to keep it in a good condition. But it is prone to wear and tear with time and repairing it is a costly affair. Sadly, the engine is not covered for non-accidental malfunctions under your normal comprehensive insurance policy. You will need to add an engine protection cover to your comprehensive insurance to cover damage to your engine. Your newly purchased Tata AIG insurance offers an add-on cover to protect your car’s engine.
What is an Engine Protection Cover?
Engine protection cover is an add-on cover that protects the engine of your insured car. The add-on covers the replacement and repair of your car’s engine and its parts. While a comprehensive insurance policy does not cover parts of the engine like piston, gearbox, crankshaft, pins, cylinder, etc, engine protection cover shields your engine and its parts against damages caused by leakage of lubricant oil, water ingression, hydrostatic lock, etc. Tata AIG insurance offers engine secure to protect your engine. Let us see what risks does engine secure cover
- If you live in a flood-prone area or during monsoons, when there is water-logging often the engine gets damaged due to water entering the vehicle, engine protection cover is a must. It covers the damages caused by water ingression.
- It covers any damages caused due to leakage of lubricant oil
- It covers the replacement and repair of parts of the engine like cylinder head, crankshaft, piston, piston sleeve, connecting rods, oil pump, engine bearings, etc.
- It covers repair or replacement of parts of the gearbox and its assembly such as gear shafts, synchronizer rings/sleeves, shifter, sensor, actuator and mechatronics.
- It covers consumables cost for assembly like engine oil, gearbox oil excluding fuel.
- Labour charges for repairing and replacement.
- It also covers parts of the engine of a new expensive car.
What is not covered?
- Damage under manufacturer warranty.
- Any damage aggravated due to delay in intimation to the insurance company.
- Wear and tear, depreciation, ageing.
- This add-on is not available for vehicles older than 5 years.
How does Engine Insurance Work?
You have purchased a new car and are aware that it is required by law to have at least third party insurance to drive your car on the road. But is it enough for your new car? Consider a situation where due to heavy rains, there is water logging in your parking and water enters your new car. Imagine the cost of repair for a new engine and its parts. If your comprehensive plan has additional coverage for your engine it will provide a financial cushion in case of any damage in such a situation.
With an engine secure add-on, all the costs of repair and replacement will be reimbursed by the insurer. The claim request procedure for engine security is the same as that for any Tata AIG motor insurance. You can register a claim just in a few steps
How to Register Claim for Engine
- Inform your insurer about the damages caused to your car’s engine and its parts.
- The insurance company will assess the damage and assign a surveyor.
- Once the server approves your claim request you will get a reimbursement.
You can also register your claim online also
- Upload your policy documents on your insurer’s customer care portal or mobile app.
- Upload the car’s image or go for a digital inspection through a mobile app.
- Track your claim status.
- Once your claim is approved, you will get a settlement through a network garage near you.
Add-on covers for Tata AIG Insurance
In addition to engine security, there are many other add on covers that will help you get the maximum benefit out of your basic Tata AIG four wheeler insurance
- No claim bonus –
It is the discount you get on renewal if you have not made any claims throughout the year on your annual policy.
- Roadside assistance cover –
It is the support provided by your insurer when your car breaks down while you are on road with on the spot repairs. This cover also serves best for bikers who go on long biking road trips and is a must-have add-on with your Tata AIG bike insurance.
- Consumable expenses –
It covers the cost of consumables needed to be replaced due to an accident. The consumables include engine oil. Brake oil. Gearbox oil, washer, a c gas etc. This add-on can be added to a Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance as well.
- Zero depreciation cover –
It covers the amount of depreciation on the value of replaced parts.
- Return to invoice –
In case your car is stolen or totally damaged, this add-on covers the difference between the sum assured and the invoice value of the car.
These are some of the add-ons that add more strength to not only your base car insurance but can also be added to your Tata AIG two wheeler insurance online. However, it is always advisable that you take proper care of your vehicle and its parts. Some useful tips to maintain your car engine are
Tips to Maintain Your Car Engine Safe
- Check engine oil regularly
- Check for leaks
- Avoid overheating and check the cooling system regularly
- Don’t run on low fuel
- Keep checking belts, wires, filters and spark plug
These checks are very important to keep the engine in a good condition. It will save you a lot of money on repairs and your engine will give you better mileage with less fuel consumption and might save on premium for your Tata AIG four wheeler insurance.