HDFC FD Interest Rates
HDFC Bank is one of the leading private sector banks and offers the best interest rates on Fixed Deposits in the market. It provides a higher rate of interest than regular savings accounts for their customers. HDFC Bank also provides additional interest for senior citizens. HDFC FD interest rates depend on the amount deposited and its tenor. It also provides the overdraft facility to meet any short-term cash flow requirements.
Features & Benefits Of HDFC Bank Fixed Deposit Scheme
Here are features of HDFC Bank FD interest rates-
- HDFC Ltd provides competitive interest rates with flexible FD tenures for your investment plan.
- FD accounts are open online or by visiting your nearest Hdfc Bank branch.
- There is no limit to the Maximum Amount of FD
- FD Tenures: 7 days to 10 years
- Various interest-paying options such as monthly, quarterly, etc.
- It provides a loan/overdraft facility against FD and is available upto 85% of the FD amount.
- Available easy and fast liquidity options
- Nomination facility is available.
- Through tax saving term deposit scheme tax benefit of amount up to Rs 1,50,000,
- Also available part withdrawal facility and auto-renewal facilities
- Provide higher interest rate for senior citizens than regular citizens
- HDFC Bank provides NRE, NRO and FCNR deposit facility
HDFC FD Interest Rates 2021
|Deposit Tenure||Interest Rate for Regular Customers (% p.a.)*||Interest Rate for Senior Citizens (% p.a.)*|
|7 to 14 days||2.50||3|
|15 to 29 days||2.50||3|
|30 to 45 days||3||3.50|
|46 to 60 days||3||3.50|
|61 to 90 days||3||3.50|
|91 days to 6 months||3.50||4|
|6 months 1 day to 9 months||4.40||4.90|
|9 months 1 day < 1 year||4.40||4.90|
|1 year 1 day to 2 years||4.90||5.40|
|2 years 1 day to 3 years||5.15||5.65|
|3 year 1 day to 5 years||5.30||5.80|
|5 years 1 day to 10 years||5.50||6.25|
Types Of HDFC FD Interest Rates
- Regular Fixed Deposits: Regular fixed deposit plan that provides a higher interest rate, flexibility, and security. HDFC Ltd FD rates of senior citizens have higher interest rates as compared to regular customers. Additionally, it also provides Senior Citizen Care FD.
- FCNR Fixed Deposits: FCNR Fixed Deposits plan provides NRIs of Indian nationality or Indian origin to deposit in foreign currency and acquire an interest in Indian currency. You can submit money in US Dollars, Sterling Pounds, Euro, Japanese Yen, Australian Dollars, or Canadian Dollars. This scheme offers you to resettle the principal and interest amount fully. Also, you can open an account jointly with other NRIs. The tenure for this account varies from one year up to five years. The minimum limit of deposit amount can be USD 1,000, GBP2,500, Euro 2,500, JYP 7,50,000, AUD 1,000, or CAD 1,000.
- Overdraft Against Fixed Deposits: This scheme provides you to get money from your FD account in the form of overdraft on behalf of prematurely closing the account for emergencies. Up to 90% of the account balance will be provided as an overdraft. The minimum amount for an HDFC FD account is Rs.25,000 for the deposit, and the minimum tenure to avail of the benefit is six months one day. To avail overdraft facility you must open the account under a single name. Many sets of interest rates can be applicable to this scheme.
- Non-Withdrawable Deposits: This scheme is the same as the overdraft scheme; however, no option is requested for premature or partial withdrawal of the account balance. You can avail of monthly or quarterly interest payouts. Different sets of interest rates can be applicable for this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria For HDFC Bank FD
Here is a list of entities who are eligible for placing a deposit in HDFC Bank FD:
- Proprietary Firm
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Association of Persons (AOP)
- Body of Individuals (BOI)
- Local Authority
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
- Registered Society
How To Calculate HDFC Bank FD Interest Rates
Hdfc Bank FD Interest Calculator is an online financial calculator that allows you to calculate the maturity value of your fixed deposit at the interest rate given by the bank seamlessly. The process of calculation of HDFC Bank FD interest is simple, easy, and lightning-fast. With the help of the online HDFC FD calculator, you can know the interest amount that you earn after maturity without having to do any tedious calculations. It will allow you to choose the investment amount and the investment tenure according to your needs.
Which tenure provides the highest HDFC FD interest rate?
Currently, HDFC FD interest rate is 5.50% provided for tenure ranging from 5 years 1 day – 10 years. Senior citizens have higher interest at 6.25% on this tenure.
What is the HDFC Bank FD rate?
HDFC Bank FD interest rates range from 2.5% to 5.5% for regular citizens. For senior citizens, interest rates lie between 3% and 6.25%. In addition, HDFC bank provides an additional interest of 0.5% to senior citizens on their FDs.
Is there a minimum amount given for opening a fixed deposit with HDFC Bank?
The minimum investment amount is INR 5,000 for depositing in HDFC bank FD. However, HDFC Bank FDs have no upper limit on the maximum amount of investment.
What is HDFC Bank Fixed Deposit tenure range?
HDFC bank FD ranges from seven days to ten years.