HDFC Bank Recurring Deposit Interest Rates
Rahul just started his first job and was planning on opening his first bank account to start saving. He earns a fixed salary every month. After going through all the options available for investment and tax planning, he gets very overwhelmed and asks his older sister Reena for help.
Reena suggests that he open a Recurring Deposit account in HDFC bank, as the RD rate of interest in HDFC for regular deposits is good. She explains that this is the plan she chose when she started working and that it worked out well for her. Rahul gets a better idea of how RDs work and decides to open an RD account at HDFC bank, as the HDFC Bank RD interest rates are suitable for him.
What is a Recurring Deposit?
A recurring deposit (RD) permits users to transfer a set sum of money with the bank on a constant schedule and receive interest on it. It’s akin to a Fixed Deposit (FD), in which users would get a better rate of return for the same total sum than just a savings account.
The fundamental distinction between a fixed deposit and a recurring deposit is that the latter makes it possible to give continuous regular deposits, while a fixed deposit requires the users to submit the whole lump sum payment when starting the account.
This is preferable for users looking for investment and tax planning options that are slightly more flexible. They will receive the best RD interest rates that are equivalent to or close to those of standard Fixed Deposits for a significantly less monthly commitment.
HDFC Recurring Deposit Account
HDFC Bank Ltd., a financial and banking firm based in India, was founded in 1994 and has been the country’s second-largest private financial institution by holdings. An HDFC recurring deposit account can be opened with a minimum investment of Rs. 1,000 and a maximum deposit of Rs. 14, 99, 900, with terms ranging from 5 months to 10 years.
Once the RD rate of interest in HDFC revenue increases from Rs.10,000 in a financial quarter, tax deducted at source (TDS) is applied. The payment cost cannot be changed after it is set, and the HDFC Bank RD program would have a one-month minimal lock-in term. If you withdraw money before the month is out, you will not be levied any interest.
Advantages of an HDFC Recurring Deposit Account
There are many benefits for a recurring deposit account, such as sure returns and flexible deposits. There are additional advantages that an HDFC Recurring Deposit Account can provide to customers, like:
- Users can choose between a variety of tenures ranging from several months to several years.
- The account enables users to transfer little quantities of cash continuously instead of making a large one-time contribution when the RD is first opened.
- The scheme is suitable for persons with a consistent, continuous salary who would not be capable to save the minimum quantity required to create a savings account.
- Only at the end of the term is interest paid.
- The HDFC Recurring Deposit interest rate is higher than that of a savings account but requires lesser continuing contribution.
- It is secure and has minimal risk for investment and tax planning options.
- Users can direct your RD program to transition to an FD at maturation.
- There is an option for nominations
- Users can protect themselves against changes in the market.
HDFC Bank RD Interest Rates
Recurring Deposit account rates of interest in HDFC often vary from 3.50 percent to 6 percent per year. You can calculate the exact amount of interest and RD rates with the help of an RD calculator. HDFC has some of the best RD interest rates available.
|Tenure||RD Rates for General Citizens||RD Rates for Senior Citizens|
Types of RD Schemes from HDFC Bank
There are three main types of RD programs available that are provided by HDFC. They are:
- HDFC Recurring Deposit: With this Recurring Deposit scheme, you can receive the same lending rates as with the HDFC fixed payment arrangement. A minimal deposit of Rs. 1000 is required to open this program.
- HDFC Dream Deposit: With this recurring deposit system, you can transfer cash when it’s convenient for you. Furthermore, if the money is taken even before the maturity period, there will be no prepayment penalization.
- HDFC NRE RD Scheme: NRIs can also create an NRE – Non-Resident External account recurring deposit account at a bank. The minimum term for an NRE Recurring Deposit account is one year, and the maximum term is ten years.