2 Crore FD Interest Per Month
Fixed Deposit Interest Per Month on 2 Crore
Many leading banks offer an annual interest rate of 5.4 percent on fixed deposits accounts below ₹ 2 crores to the general public. The banks provide an additional 0.5 percent interest to senior citizens than the interest rate offered for the general public.
For fixed deposits of up to ₹ 2 crores, many banks offer interest rates between 2.9 to 5.40 percent to the general public over a maturity period of seven days to 10 years.
Below Rs.2 crore of fixed deposit the interest rate ranges from 2.90% p.a. to 5.15% p.a. In case of above Rs.2 crore of FDs, many banks offer a best FD rate of 3.55% p.a. for a tenure of 1 year. Banks provide an additional interest rate for senior citizens of 0.50% p.a.
In regular intervals, you can receive the interest on Rs.2 crore of FDs monthly, quarterly, or at the end of the tenure. The monthly amount of interest depends on your FD rates if you invest Rs.2 crore in your fixed deposit account and choose the monthly interest option and receive your monthly interest on your fixed deposit.
Investing Rs.2 crore of FDs in banks is a very good idea for a source of income for many people who can take care of the family needs for a very long time. Many banks provide different interest rates on fixed deposits.
Many banks offer short-term FD rates ranging from 7 days to 1 year with tenure. For investing below Rs.2 crore, in many banks, the rate of interest ranges from 2.90% p.a. to 5.00% p.a. For a tenure of 1 year the highest interest rates on different banks of FDs is 5.00% p.a. For investing above Rs.2 crore, the short-term deposits of interest rate ranges from 2.90% p.a. to 3.55% p.a. for the tenure of 1 year with the highest rate of interest at 3.55% p.a.
Difference Between Cumulative and Non Cumulative FD
Smaller banks certainly have some risks which are gradually becoming evident in India. You need to understand one thing: the comparison between cumulative and non-cumulative fixed deposits. And you require a monthly interest of fixed deposit from Rs 2 crore.
In a cumulative fixed deposit, the interest is generated every quarter or year and paid at the time of maturity. Or in a non-cumulative FD, interest is given out monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, or annually as per the choice of depositor.
Moreover, the non-cumulative FD is applicable for those who earn regular income via monthly interest payouts. Generally, the cumulative FD returns are higher than non-cumulative. This is because in the FD your money remains to be compounded, unlike in non-cumulative FD where money is given monthly – so remaining less money is available for compounding.
If you only get principal amount and earned interest after maturity , the cumulative FD option gives a higher rate of interest than non-cumulative fixed deposits. The good way is to choose non-cumulative FD to get interest pay-outs at chosen intervals.
If you decide to invest Rs 2 crore FD in a bank to have a monthly interest income, then you have an option for the non-cumulative fixed deposit.
Monthly interest on fixed deposit Rs 2 crore in 2021-22?
- If interest rate is 6%, then fixed deposit of Rs 2 crore you get Rs 12 lakh in a year. This means you get Rs 1.0 lakh of monthly interest.
- If the interest rate is 6.5%, then with a fixed deposit of Rs 2 crore you get Rs 13 lakh in a year. This means you get Rs 1.08 lakh of monthly interest.
- If the interest rate is 7%, then fixed deposit of Rs 2 crore you get Rs 14 lakh in a year. This means you get Rs 1.17 lakh of monthly interest.
- If the interest rate is 7.5%, then with a fixed deposit of Rs 2 crore you get Rs 15 lakh in a year. This means you get Rs 1.25 lakh of monthly interest.
Top 5 Popular Indian Banks Interest Rates on FDs Below Rs. 2 Crore.
|Tenure||Popular Banks||Interest Rates for Public||Interest Rates for Senior Citizens|
|7 days to 45 days||HDFC Bank.||2.50%-3.00%||3.00%|
|State Bank of India.||2.90%||3.40%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||2.50%-2.75%||3.00%-3.25%|
|46 days to 179 days||HDFC Bank.||3.00%-3.50%||3.00%-4.00%|
|State Bank of India.||3.90%||4.40%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||2.75%-3.20%||3.25%-3.70%|
|180 days to less than 1 year||HDFC Bank.||3.50%-4.40%||4.90%|
|State Bank of India.||4.40%||4.90%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||4.20%-4.40%||4.70%-4.90%|
|1 year to less than 2 years||HDFC Bank.||4.40%-4.90%||5.40%|
|State Bank of India.||5.00%||5.50%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||4.50%-4.90%||5.00%-5.40%|
|2 years to less than 3 years||HDFC Bank.||5.15%||5.65%|
|State Bank of India.||5.10%||5.60%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||5.00%||5.50%|
|3 years to less than 5 years||HDFC Bank.||5.30%||5.80%|
|State Bank of India.||5.30%||5.80%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||5.20%||5.70%|
|5 years and up to 10 years||HDFC Bank.||5.50%||6.25%|
|State Bank of India.||5.40%||6.20%|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank.||5.25%||5.75%|
*Fixed Deposit (FD) interest rates can change from time to time.
Rules Of Fixed Deposit Interest & Income Tax (2021-22)
- The income of FD interest is fully taxable and with it comes under the head of ‘Income from Other Sources when filing income tax.
- If all FDs of the interest income with a bank are less than Rs 40,000, then the bank will not deduct any TDS. Otherwise, a 10% TDS deduction is allowed if FD interest income exceeds Rs 40,000.
- If your minimum taxable amount is more than total income, then you do not need to pay any taxes. But if your FD interest exceeds Rs 40,000, then the bank will deduct 10% of TDS. In the beginning, if you need zero deduction of TDS by the bank, you need to fill Form 15G and Form 15H with your bank in each financial year. If your form is submitted then the banks will not deduct any TDS.
The actual interest of the deposited amount of Rs 2 crore you earn on the fixed deposit, depends on the amount you invested Rs 2 crore, tenure, rate of interest, interest computation frequency, and taxation.
FDs are practically secure investments, which can be used to make a safe and reliable way of monthly interest income.
Eligibility Criteria For Two Crore FD
Here are the eligibility criteria to invest is mentioned below-
- Require above the age of 18
- PAN card is mandatory
- Separate Pan Card for HUF( Hindu Undivided Family)
- Opening FDs under the guardianship of your guardian
- Require identity proof, age proof, and address proof to satisfy RBI KYC mandatory guidelines.
Documents Required For Rs 2 Crore Fixed Deposit
Mentioned below are the following documents you need to submit-
Identity Proof– Original Government Id, Passport, PAN card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Photo Ration Card
Address Proof- Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Passport, Bank Statement with Cheque
Signature Proof- Passport, PAN card, Driving License,