Star Health Insurance Plan for Autism Patients
Autism, also known as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), is a developmental disorder that affects one’s communication and behavior. Autism can get diagnosed at any age, but it is known as a “developmental disorder” because its symptoms generally appear within the first two years of life. This disorder requires constant attention and continuous treatment that incurs a substantial amount which could burn a hole in the pocket of the parents of the autistic children.
But now, those parents can provide their children with the best medical treatment without worrying about the financial limitations. Star Special Care is a health insurance policy from Star Health Insurance company that is specially designed for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is affordable and can be customized, catering to varied and specific requirements of the customers.
Children within the age group of 3 to 25 years suffering from Autism are eligible to avail of health insurance coverage benefits under the Star Special Care policy. The coverage offered under this plan is on an individual basis, and the sum insured offered is up to Rs 3 lakh.
Now let’s understand the features and other aspects of the Star Special Care plan in detail.
Star Special Care Plan features
- Star Special Care plan is an indemnity-based health insurance policy for children suffering from Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- This health insurance policy comes with a free look period of 15 days from the date of purchase of the plan.
- The policy buyers do not require to take any pre-policy medical test to purchase the Star Special Care plan.
- Star Special Care plan can be renewed up to the age of 25 years.
- The policyholder gets 30 days of grace period to renew the plan from the expiry date of the Star Special care plan.
Eligibility Criteria for Star Special Care Health Plan
- Entry Age: Any child diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder between the age group of 3 years to 25 years can get insurance coverage under this policy.
- Sum Insured amount: Rs 3 Lakh
- Coverage Type: Individual
- Co-Pay: All the claims are liable for 20% co-payment.
Major Inclusions under Star Special Care Plan
- Autism Cover: Star Special Care plan provides special health insurance coverage for autistic children who get diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Daycare Procedures: This policy covers claims related to all daycare procedures.
- Hospitalization Expenses: Star Special Care plan also offers coverage for hospitalization expenses, including nursing expenses, boarding charges, room rent expenses, and other related expenses up to Rs 5000 on a per-day basis. The policy also pays for the entire hospital bill, which includes the fee charged by the doctor, surgeon, anesthetist, surgical appliances, medicines, oxygen, and drugs.
- Other Treatment Expenses: Star Special Care plan provides compensation for treatment towards speech therapy, behavioral therapy, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy covered under OPD. Moreover, certain procedures are also covered under this policy, such Adeno Tonsillectomy up to Rs 25000, Seizures treatment up to Rs 30,000, along with hospitalization for fractures requiring surgery up to 20% of the sum assured.
- Post-Hospitalization Expenses: Star Special Care covers post-hospitalization expenses equivalent to 7 percent of the hospitalization expenses or post-discharge actual expenses up to 60 days.
- Emergency Ambulance Cover: Star Special Care policy provides emergency ambulance cover up to Rs 750 for every hospitalization and Rs 1500 for each policy term.
Major Exclusions of Star Special Care Plan
The insurer shall not cover any claim related to any of the below-mentioned factors:
- Treatment expenses incurred towards the change of gender, cosmetic treatment, plastic surgery, etc. are not covered under this plan.
- Expenses incurred towards hospital registration, admission, telephone charges, record cost, etc.
- Non-allopathic treatment costs are not covered under this plan.
- The insurance company does not pay expenses incurred towards therapies, naturopathy, and unproven treatments.
- Treatment expenses related to implantation, stem cell therapy, psychological therapy, bone marrow transplantation, immunotherapy, and chondrocyte without any proper sign.
As mentioned above Autism requires long-term constant attention and involves a lot of expenses which usually gets challenging for parents to afford. Therefore, one can always seek assistance in the form of health insurance policies covering autism treatment. And one such policy is Star Special Care which not only includes autism cover but also offers financial support towards other treatment expenses such as speech therapy, behavioral therapy, and more. In addition, although the Star Special Care plan does have sub-limits for specific treatments and/or procedures, the policy provides several other benefits to the policyholders such as no requirement of pre-medical check-up, post-hospitalization expense cover, coverage for an emergency ambulance, and so on.
If you face the same problem or have the same concern, you can opt for a Star Special Care plan to secure and support your child’s future with the best medical treatment. To know more, you can visit iiflinsurance.com or speak to their insurance experts who can guide you in a better way.