Star Health Critical Illness Health Insurance Plans
Critical illness insurance is a must in various scenarios and you should make sure that you opt for the same. Star critical illness insurance is a handy option in this regard. There is a very good Star health insurance critical illness plan that you should not miss by all means. Here’s taking a closer look at the Star health insurance critical illness cover or critical illness insurance Star health key points. There are three types of products which have this specific Star health insurance critical illness policy. They are the Star Cancer Care Gold, Star Criticare Plus and Star Cardiac Care policies.
|Claim Settled within two hours||90%|
|Pre-existing diseases waiting period||Four years|
|Incurred Claim Ratio*||63%|
|Policy Renewability||For a Lifetime|
What is Critical Illness Insurance Coverage in Star Health Policy?
Does star health insurance cover critical illness? You already know the answer to the question which is a resounding Yes. There are nine specific types of critical illnesses which are under coverage in the Star Criticare Plus policy. The list of critical illness for star health insurance should be examined carefully. A lump sum payout happens if the policyholder is diagnosed with any of these critical illnesses. Those between 18-65 may purchase this particular policy as well. Treatment usually requires a lengthy duration and money as well for critical illnesses. Keeping this aspect at the forefront, the policy helps in covering all costs of treatment, thereby saving the policyholders money. The usual sum insured amount varies between Rs. 2-10 lakh on average. The policy offers coverage for costs of hospitalization along with accidental injuries. It also includes the costs of medicines, coverage for hospitalization of specific illnesses, fees of surgeons, non-allopathic treatments, emergency ambulance costs and more. This makes it a comprehensive option for bearing the monetary expenses that arise from treating such illnesses.
Here is the list of ailments which have coverage under the same:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- First major Organ Transplantation
- First diagnosis of Cancer
- Established Irreversible Paraplegia
- Brain tumor for the first time
- Established Irreversible Coma
- Cerebrovascular Stroke leading to Hemiplegia
- Established Irreversible Quadriplegia
1. Star Cardiac Care Insurance Policy
This policy is a critical illness plan that offers coverage for medical treatments linked to cardiovascular ailments. The benefits are sanctioned after a 90-day waiting period which is not applicable in case of renewals. The tenure of this policy is a year and the sum insured usually hovers between Rs. 3-4 lakh. The individual insurance plan offers coverage for particular cardiac ailments. The policy offers coverage for hospitalization costs for accidents and non-cardiac medical procedures.
There is available out-patient coverage and the policy may be purchased any anybody between 10 and 65 years of age, going through the following:
- Stenting/Bypass surgery within a duration of seven years prior to the proposal.
- Patent Ducus Arteriosus which has already undergone treatment.
- Atrial Septal Defect or ASD/VSD or Ventricular Septal Defect which has been treated.
- RF Ablation or Angiogram which did not necessitate medical action.
2. Star Cancer Care Gold
People who have had a cancer diagnosis or gone through treatment may get health insurance under this particular plan. The policy covers those between 5 months to 65 years and also people diagnosed with Stages 1 or 2 of cancer. The policyholder may also cover the spouse, dependent children or dependent parents. The sum insured may range between Rs. 3-5 lakh and the tenure is the year as per the tenets of the policy.
Benefits of the Star Health Critical Illness Policy
There are several benefits of the policy that you should know more about. They include the following:
- Lump sum amount provided if the insured individual is diagnosed with a critical illness as mentioned in the policy document.
- Reimbursement is available for costs of hospitalization owing to any critical illness, disease and accidental injuries as well.
- The policy comes with a portability option along with renewability for a lifetime.
- The policy also gets a feature which is cashless treatment in addition to discounts that are given on the premiums of the insurance policy. These are major incentives for policyholders.
- There is also a claims procedure which takes place completely in-house.
The Star Health critical illness policy is hugely beneficial for financially shielding those who require hospitalization and expensive treatments for combating a variety of critical illnesses and other ailments. They can now get coverage for the costs of these expensive treatments and procedures along with some other related expenses at the same time. You should carefully check out this policy and its accompanying details which will help you compare, contrast and take the right decision.