SBI Health Insurance Renewal Process in India
Ramesh (35-years-old) works as an account executive in a private company in Chennai. Ramesh purchased a health insurance policy a few years ago to safeguard his health against various ailments. But somehow Ramesh forgot your health insurance renewal and as a result, his policy got lapsed a few months ago. Suddenly, Ramesh was diagnosed with kidney problems and he was admitted to a private hospital. Ramesh raised a claim after his discharge. The company rejected his claim as his policy was not active anymore. So, Ramesh paid the entire expenses from his pocket. He then promised that he will never forget to renew his policy in the future.
Health insurance renewal is also important if you want to avail yourself of the benefits of the policy. Healthcare expenses are rising hurriedly these days. To protect yourself from various diseases and medical inflation, health insurance has become a core part of your life. But purchasing a health insurance policy is not sufficient; you also need to renew it on time to enjoy the continuous benefits of your policy.
SBI Health Insurance
SBI Life Insurance is an illustrious insurance company in India. The company offers a spectrum of health insurance plans to its customers. All these health policy plans come up with multifarious benefits. To enjoy continued services, it is imperative for a customer to renew the policy in time. So, you must complete your SBI health insurance renewal process before the policy expires. You must go for SBI health renewal online so that your policy does not go lapse and you can enjoy the utmost benefits of your policy.
SBI general insurance policy renewal process is very simple and convenient. You can accomplish your SBI health insurance renewal online process within a few minutes. You can even go for the SBI Mediclaim policy renewal offline process as the company offers both online and offline renewal options to its policyholders.
SBI Health Insurance Policy Online Renewal Process
To renew SBI general insurance policy, just follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: First, you need to visit the official website of SBI general insurance
- Step 2: Now, select the “Health” insurance tab from the options
- Step 3: When you select the health insurance tab, you will find several options like Buy, Renew, and Claim. You need to choose the “Renew” option.
- Step 4: After selecting the renew option, you will get a drop-down list of policies. Ensure that you select only the right health insurance policy for renewal. Now, enter your policy number, card, date of birth, address, and other details.
- Step 5: After entering all the details, click on ‘Go’ to initiate payment to renew your policy
- Step 6: When your premium payment is successful, you will get a confirmation email from SBI insurance regarding the successful renewal of your SBI health policy.
SBI Health Insurance Policy Offline Renewal Process
Though a policyholder can renew his/her SBI health insurance policy online, still the company offers an offline renewal option to policyholders so that they can enjoy all the benefits of the policy without any hassle.
- You can conveniently renew your SBI health insurance policy offline. You just need to get in touch with the insurance company by dialing its toll-free number of SBI, i.e., 1800-102-1111, and share all your details.
- You can even visit your nearest SBI branch and contact with company’s executives for your renewal process. They will guide you through every step regarding how to renew your policy.
Benefits of your SBI Health Insurance Renewal Process
You will get multiple benefits while renewing your SBI health insurance policy.
- Lifetime policy renewal
- An easy and hassle-free claim settlement process
- Extensive coverage against medical expenses
- You are eligible for free health check-up after every four claim-free consecutive years
- You can increase the sum insured amount at the time of renewal
- You may add or remove any family member from your plan
- Tax benefits according to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
What is covered under the SBI health insurance policy?
- All hospitalization expenses including, room charges, boarding and nursing charges
- Doctors’ fees for consultation
- Expenses like anesthesia, blood, oxygen, OT charges, etc.
- Pre-and-post hospitalization charges and ambulance costs
- Free medical check-ups after the completion of 4 consecutive no-claim years
- Coverage for daycare treatments (less than 24 hours of hospitalization)
What is not covered under the SBI health insurance plans?
- Pre-existing disease won’t be covered till 48 months from the date of the policy purchase
- If you contract any disease within the first 30 days of the beginning of the policy
- Injury in war, radioactive material, nuclear weapon
- Cataract surgeries, hysterectomy, etc. won’t be covered till 2 years of the completion of the plan
- Hernia treatment won’t be covered before 1 year of the policy
- Alternative therapy expenses like acupuncture, naturopathy, aromatherapy, reflexology, etc.
- Plastic surgeries other than recommended by a doctor for an accident or an illness
- Dental treatment (including implant, braces, prosthetic treatments, etc.)
- Congenital diseases (internal and external)
- Obesity management and treatment
- Treatment for infertility, abortion, etc.
- Self-harmed injuries like suicide
- Injury caused due to consumption of excessive drugs or alcohol
Many people purchase health insurance policies to uplift their health coverage but they often forget to renew their policies. You should equally give importance to the health policy renewal process to enjoy the highest benefits of your health plan.